Georgia Tech Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.4

Assistant Professor Interview

Interview was very professional and run according to all the standard protocols of academic job interviews, with lecture, teaching demonstration, and multiple meetings with a range of department faculty and administrators over the course of two days.

In absence of counter-offers, a reasonable offer was accepted as proferred.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in July 2014.

I was brought in on 3 different occasions. The first interview was a one on one with the hiring manager. The second interview was a panel interview with 4 people. The third interview was with the hiring manager, the Assistant VP and the VP.

I felt very confident in my ability to do the job, however the process was a little strange. I believe there may have been an internal candidate for this role. It seemed each time I was interviewed the questions were very basic interview questions. The third interview was interesting. It felt as if there was no interest and some of the managers did not seem be prepared to speak with me. I felt as if there was some dissension among the ranks as to what the role should be and as the day progressed I received two job descriptions.

After making it through to the third round, I received a blanket three line email that I was not hired.

Interview Questions
    • One manager brought up a concern they had with my answer to the question, "What challenges do you face in your current role?"   View Answer

Police Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia Tech in September 2013.

The interview and hiring process was very minimal. I applied online and received a call within a week. I was told to come in for a panel interview. After the panel interview I had an interview with the chief and deputy chief of police.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard questions, but the panel interview was very intimidating.   Answer Question
    no negotiations.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in November 2013.

The interview process was lengthy and the follow-up from the hiring manager was not great. After a couple of initial phone conversations, I was invited to the center for a panel interview, followed by a 1:1 interview that same day. After this panel interview, about 2-3 weeks later, I was invited to another panel interview, with 6 entirely different members from the first panel. There was a brief 1:1 recap after this 2nd panel interview. After each phase of the interview process, I would go into a black hole with regards to not hearing from the hiring manager, who each of the 1:1 and phone interviews were with. Although I sent a thank you note after each phase, and to each of the employees represented during the panels, I rarely heard back from anyone. I even had to email and place several phone calls to the hiring manager, as I was considering other job opportunities in the marketing field, to see if the position was still going to be filled. I was finally told that it was between myself and one additional candidate, and that another round with the hiring managers boss would be needed. After waiting several more weeks, I called the hiring manager, only to find out that the position was being altered and the hiring process would need to start over again, including submitting a resume and starting over from the beginning. How can you go from being one of the top two candidates, to now having to being again? What a waste of time and poor communication throughout. Fortunately I found a Marketing Coordinator position with a great company and I am completely happy. I have been employed here since January, 2014, and I've never looked back.

GRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Georgia Tech in January 2014.

I send my resume and CV to a professor. Then I made an appointment with him. In about 30 minutes, I answered several questions. 1. Courses I took in my undergraduate school. 2. Strength in my research and research experience. 3. My professor described his project. 4. We discussed tasks I will take.

Interview Questions
    • link my current knowledge to needs that my adviser may have   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in March 2012.

Look for the call for applicants in late December and then be mindful of the late January deadline. Submit a two-page job letter, CV, and Teaching Portfolio (the teaching portfolio should include qualitative and quantitative data); request for a Skype Interview, 30 minutes, 5 interviewers, questions range from research to teaching.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see your research connecting to your teaching?   Answer Question
    This job has non-negotiable terms

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Georgia Tech in August 2012.

What I've got was postdoc job, so I just did phone interview and quick test for my subject area. The job was pretty matching with my background and I was got hired.

Interview Questions
    • The question was all job related, nothing difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Research Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Georgia Tech in July 2013.

Be prepared with what you want to work on. What is your plan? What have you worked on in the past? What do you want to continue to work on? What interests do you have? Why do you like research?

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. I hate negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia Tech in October 2011.

It was not too formal although I found they were very professional. They asked me for reference letters and also they asked me for my previous contributions in science.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the technical question where addressed to my previous job. I feel comfortable discussing my work so it was not a problem for me.   Answer Question

Student IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Georgia Tech.

The position was for a database development and optimization intern at the Scheller School of Business. Everyone there was very very kind, funny, and relaxed but serious about getting the work done. They let you learn from your mistakes and everything is completely transparent, they will take your input on anything and treat you well.

Interview Questions
    It was quite fair, based on their budget of course but for an on campus job it paid MUCH higher than all other jobs on campus besides the CS department.

Worked for Georgia Tech? Contribute to the Community!