Georgia Tech Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2014
Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.4

Faculty Assistant Interview

I was hired on as a faculty assistant at the Georgia Tech campus recreation center. The interview consisted of team based and behavioral questions (describe a time when). The questions are very similar to those asked by any company and they are very straightforward. Also make sure you have a reason for applying!

Interview Questions
    • If you ran the campus recreation center what rules would you make?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Interview was very professional and run according to all the standard protocols of academic job interviews, with lecture, teaching demonstration, and multiple meetings with a range of department faculty and administrators over the course of two days.

In absence of counter-offers, a reasonable offer was accepted as proferred.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia Tech in July 2014.

I was brought in on 3 different occasions. The first interview was a one on one with the hiring manager. The second interview was a panel interview with 4 people. The third interview was with the hiring manager, the Assistant VP and the VP.

I felt very confident in my ability to do the job, however the process was a little strange. I believe there may have been an internal candidate for this role. It seemed each time I was interviewed the questions were very basic interview questions. The third interview was interesting. It felt as if there was no interest and some of the managers did not seem be prepared to speak with me. I felt as if there was some dissension among the ranks as to what the role should be and as the day progressed I received two job descriptions.

After making it through to the third round, I received a blanket three line email that I was not hired.

Interview Questions
    • One manager brought up a concern they had with my answer to the question, "What challenges do you face in your current role?"   View Answer

Student IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Georgia Tech.

The position was for a database development and optimization intern at the Scheller School of Business. Everyone there was very very kind, funny, and relaxed but serious about getting the work done. They let you learn from your mistakes and everything is completely transparent, they will take your input on anything and treat you well.

Interview Questions
    It was quite fair, based on their budget of course but for an on campus job it paid MUCH higher than all other jobs on campus besides the CS department.

Financial Administrator III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Tech.

I applied online in January 2014 and the process took 6 weeks. I had an initial interview in January with the hiring manager. I was called back in February for a 2nd interview with the hiring manager, her boss and the dean. At the end of the interview, I asked when a hiring decision would be made. All of the managers responded that the position was on hold due to funding. I was upset since they knew this prior to bringing me in for a 2nd interview that lasted an hour. It was a big waste of my time!

Interview Questions
    • I was given a scenario that required me to calculate the number of full time students a professor could request for assistant positions that were based on certain budget constraints.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I am working with my advisor here. We are doing very good projects. And he is very nice to me. I like everything here.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

you have to apply online through the PhD application process. this is grad school.

Interview Questions
    • No interview , the professors choose students to admit based upon their fit with research interests.   Answer Question

GRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Georgia Tech in January 2014.

I send my resume and CV to a professor. Then I made an appointment with him. In about 30 minutes, I answered several questions. 1. Courses I took in my undergraduate school. 2. Strength in my research and research experience. 3. My professor described his project. 4. We discussed tasks I will take.

Interview Questions
    • link my current knowledge to needs that my adviser may have   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia Tech in November 2013.

The interview process was lengthy and the follow-up from the hiring manager was not great. After a couple of initial phone conversations, I was invited to the center for a panel interview, followed by a 1:1 interview that same day. After this panel interview, about 2-3 weeks later, I was invited to another panel interview, with 6 entirely different members from the first panel. There was a brief 1:1 recap after this 2nd panel interview. After each phase of the interview process, I would go into a black hole with regards to not hearing from the hiring manager, who each of the 1:1 and phone interviews were with. Although I sent a thank you note after each phase, and to each of the employees represented during the panels, I rarely heard back from anyone. I even had to email and place several phone calls to the hiring manager, as I was considering other job opportunities in the marketing field, to see if the position was still going to be filled. I was finally told that it was between myself and one additional candidate, and that another round with the hiring managers boss would be needed. After waiting several more weeks, I called the hiring manager, only to find out that the position was being altered and the hiring process would need to start over again, including submitting a resume and starting over from the beginning. How can you go from being one of the top two candidates, to now having to being again? What a waste of time and poor communication throughout. Fortunately I found a Marketing Coordinator position with a great company and I am completely happy. I have been employed here since January, 2014, and I've never looked back.

Police Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia Tech in September 2013.

The interview and hiring process was very minimal. I applied online and received a call within a week. I was told to come in for a panel interview. After the panel interview I had an interview with the chief and deputy chief of police.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard questions, but the panel interview was very intimidating.   Answer Question
    no negotiations.