Georgia Tech

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was lengthy and the follow-up from the hiring manager was not great. After a couple of initial phone conversations, I was invited to the center for a panel interview, followed by a 1:1 interview that same day. After this panel interview, about 2-3 weeks later, I was invited to another panel interview, with 6 entirely different members from the first panel. There was a brief 1:1 recap after this 2nd panel interview. After each phase of the interview process, I would go into a black hole with regards to not hearing from the hiring manager, who each of the 1:1 and phone interviews were with. Although I sent a thank you note after each phase, and to each of the employees represented during the panels, I rarely heard back from anyone. I even had to email and place several phone calls to the hiring manager, as I was considering other job opportunities in the marketing field, to see if the position was still going to be filled. I was finally told that it was between myself and one additional candidate, and that another round with the hiring managers boss would be needed. After waiting several more weeks, I called the hiring manager, only to find out that the position was being altered and the hiring process would need to start over again, including submitting a resume and starting over from the beginning. How can you go from being one of the top two candidates, to now having to being again? What a waste of time and poor communication throughout. Fortunately I found a Marketing Coordinator position with a great company and I am completely happy. I have been employed here since January, 2014, and I've never looked back.

Interview Question – What is your biggest flaw? What are you not good at?   Answer Question

GRA Interview

GRA
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Georgia Tech in January 2014.

Interview Details – I send my resume and CV to a professor. Then I made an appointment with him. In about 30 minutes, I answered several questions. 1. Courses I took in my undergraduate school. 2. Strength in my research and research experience. 3. My professor described his project. 4. We discussed tasks I will take.

Interview Question – link my current knowledge to needs that my adviser may have   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in March 2012.

Interview Details – Look for the call for applicants in late December and then be mindful of the late January deadline. Submit a two-page job letter, CV, and Teaching Portfolio (the teaching portfolio should include qualitative and quantitative data); request for a Skype Interview, 30 minutes, 5 interviewers, questions range from research to teaching.

Interview Question – How do you see your research connecting to your teaching?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This job has non-negotiable terms

Postdoctoral Fellow

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Georgia Tech in August 2012.

Interview Details – What I've got was postdoc job, so I just did phone interview and quick test for my subject area. The job was pretty matching with my background and I was got hired.

Interview Question – The question was all job related, nothing difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Research Engineer I Interview

Research Engineer I
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Georgia Tech in July 2013.

Interview Details – Be prepared with what you want to work on. What is your plan? What have you worked on in the past? What do you want to continue to work on? What interests do you have? Why do you like research?

Interview Question – What is excellence?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I hate negotiating

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia Tech in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was not too formal although I found they were very professional. They asked me for reference letters and also they asked me for my previous contributions in science.

Interview Question – Most of the technical question where addressed to my previous job. I feel comfortable discussing my work so it was not a problem for me.   Answer Question

Student IT Intern Interview

Student IT Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview Details – The position was for a database development and optimization intern at the Scheller School of Business. Everyone there was very very kind, funny, and relaxed but serious about getting the work done. They let you learn from your mistakes and everything is completely transparent, they will take your input on anything and treat you well.

Interview Question – A few basic SQL questions, nothing difficult or hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was quite fair, based on their budget of course but for an on campus job it paid MUCH higher than all other jobs on campus besides the CS department.

Head Teaching Assistant Interview

Head Teaching Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgia Tech in January 2011.

Interview Details – Basically they review your application, including your grades in 2030 and 2031. Then Dr. Collins will talk to you made sure you are OK. Then there will be a general meeting for new TAs and you can make up your mind then.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult question   Answer Question

Financial Administrator III Interview

Financial Administrator III
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview Details – I applied online in January 2014 and the process took 6 weeks. I had an initial interview in January with the hiring manager. I was called back in February for a 2nd interview with the hiring manager, her boss and the dean. At the end of the interview, I asked when a hiring decision would be made. All of the managers responded that the position was on hold due to funding. I was upset since they knew this prior to bringing me in for a 2nd interview that lasted an hour. It was a big waste of my time!

Interview Question – I was given a scenario that required me to calculate the number of full time students a professor could request for assistant positions that were based on certain budget constraints.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant, ChBE Interview

Graduate Research Assistant, ChBE
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in February 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online, if accepted, Georgia Tech will invite you to a recruitment weekend to see the campus and meet with students and professors.

Interview Question – What research area are you interested in?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia Tech

Worked for Georgia Tech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Georgia Tech interview questions and advice. All 60 interview reviews posted anonymously by Georgia Tech employees and interview candidates.