Georgia Tech

Average Difficulty
60 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Georgia Tech

Interview Details – I am working with my advisor here. We are doing very good projects. And he is very nice to me. I like everything here.

Interview Question – Sometimes Ph.D. life is difficult.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very typical. I submitted my application for the graduate school, including online application, recommendation letters, transcript. And then I received an email from my advisor to ask me if I am interested in his lab. I said yes!

Interview Question – I was not asked a question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviewed at Georgia Tech

Interview Details – you have to apply online through the PhD application process. this is grad school.

Interview Question – No interview , the professors choose students to admit based upon their fit with research interests.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Georgia Tech in September 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process to become a student assistant was very informal. Student assistants are tasked with menial duties like copying, scanning, answering phones and emails, and many other tasks that may pop up anytime. The interview merely consisted of the Associate Director asking me questions about my international experience, office experience, language proficiency, and availability. It was very informal and easy.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician

I applied online - interviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2010.

Interview Details – Since I was still in college at the time of the interview, mine took place via phone. It was easy to coordinate and took no more than 30 minutes. I was asked the typical questions ("What qualifies you for this position?", "Why are you interested in this position?", "What do you plan to do with the skills you gain from this position?") and was pleased to discuss compensation immediately. Overall, it was a great interview experience.

Interview Question – In my cover letter, I mentioned that I had already applied to graduate school, but was deferring accepting an offer due to concerns about my career goals. Obviously, I was asked about this - but honesty (that I wanted to discover if research was my calling before committing to a graduate program) landed me the job, and my boss' respect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation took place at the time of the interview - I was given a month to move to Atlanta, find an apartment, and get settled before starting my job. I was given opportunities to advance and improve my title (and salary) within a year.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Undergraduate Research Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Georgia Tech in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had a talk with a professor about my background and how I might be useful to the lab.

Interview Question – No technical questions. Just a straightforward "Why are you interested in this lab?"   Answer Question

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Post Doctoral Fellow

I applied online - interviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2010.

Interview Details – Simple enough interview process. This is especially true for postdocs. It was conducted over teleconference and phone. This can often be a reasonable way to gauge a lab you want to join, but pay special attention to what the existing lab personnel say.

Interview Question – There was nothing that difficult or unexpected. The salary offer made was unexpectedly low though.   Answer Question

Roll Call Graduate Assistant Interview

Roll Call Graduate Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Georgia Tech in January 2009.

Interview Details – After submitting an application the Roll Call Manager will call you; you must be an active student to be employed in the call center. Once the phone interview is open, the first 3 days are considered training and then you go live.

Interview Question – In the beginning learning to take the 'canned speech' and make it your own, or per the caller's intent of asking questions or receiving accurate information.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The amount of hours spent working for previous colleges led to no negotiation but direct employment.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in August 2009.

Interview Details – Rotational interviews with Professors who are looking for Ph.D and MS researchers

Interview Question – Why are you interested in pursuing a Ph.D.?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interview Details – Sent resume, received an email week later for an knterview

Interview Question – If you could do your own research project what would it be?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia Tech