Georgia Tech Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Financial Administrator III Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Georgia Tech.

I applied online in January 2014 and the process took 6 weeks. I had an initial interview in January with the hiring manager. I was called back in February for a 2nd interview with the hiring manager, her boss and the dean. At the end of the interview, I asked when a hiring decision would be made. All of the managers responded that the position was on hold due to funding. I was upset since they knew this prior to bringing me in for a 2nd interview that lasted an hour. It was a big waste of my time!

Interview Questions
    • I was given a scenario that required me to calculate the number of full time students a professor could request for assistant positions that were based on certain budget constraints.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant, ChBE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in February 2010.

Apply online, if accepted, Georgia Tech will invite you to a recruitment weekend to see the campus and meet with students and professors.

Interview Questions
    • What research area are you interested in?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I am working with my advisor here. We are doing very good projects. And he is very nice to me. I like everything here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2010.

The hiring process is very typical. I submitted my application for the graduate school, including online application, recommendation letters, transcript. And then I received an email from my advisor to ask me if I am interested in his lab. I said yes!

No negotiation.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

you have to apply online through the PhD application process. this is grad school.

Interview Questions
    • No interview , the professors choose students to admit based upon their fit with research interests.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Georgia Tech in September 2012.

The hiring process to become a student assistant was very informal. Student assistants are tasked with menial duties like copying, scanning, answering phones and emails, and many other tasks that may pop up anytime. The interview merely consisted of the Associate Director asking me questions about my international experience, office experience, language proficiency, and availability. It was very informal and easy.

Research Technician Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2010.

Since I was still in college at the time of the interview, mine took place via phone. It was easy to coordinate and took no more than 30 minutes. I was asked the typical questions ("What qualifies you for this position?", "Why are you interested in this position?", "What do you plan to do with the skills you gain from this position?") and was pleased to discuss compensation immediately. Overall, it was a great interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • In my cover letter, I mentioned that I had already applied to graduate school, but was deferring accepting an offer due to concerns about my career goals. Obviously, I was asked about this - but honesty (that I wanted to discover if research was my calling before committing to a graduate program) landed me the job, and my boss' respect.   Answer Question
    Negotiation took place at the time of the interview - I was given a month to move to Atlanta, find an apartment, and get settled before starting my job. I was given opportunities to advance and improve my title (and salary) within a year.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Georgia Tech in February 2013.

Had a talk with a professor about my background and how I might be useful to the lab.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Just a straightforward "Why are you interested in this lab?"   Answer Question

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2010.

Simple enough interview process. This is especially true for postdocs. It was conducted over teleconference and phone. This can often be a reasonable way to gauge a lab you want to join, but pay special attention to what the existing lab personnel say.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing that difficult or unexpected. The salary offer made was unexpectedly low though.   Answer Question

Roll Call Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia Tech in January 2009.

After submitting an application the Roll Call Manager will call you; you must be an active student to be employed in the call center. Once the phone interview is open, the first 3 days are considered training and then you go live.

Interview Questions
    • In the beginning learning to take the 'canned speech' and make it your own, or per the caller's intent of asking questions or receiving accurate information.   Answer Question
    The amount of hours spent working for previous colleges led to no negotiation but direct employment.