Georgia Tech

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia Tech.

This was just a part time job in the library and they really just wanted to make sure I was available at the times they needed me. They needed me to work on the weekends and about one day during the week. They preferred that you were familiar with the library software but this was not a requirement.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I had experience with their book classification system (Library of Congress Classification).   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Georgia Tech in February 2013.

Had a talk with a professor about my background and how I might be useful to the lab.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Just a straightforward "Why are you interested in this lab?"   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Tech in November 2012.

I was first interviewed by several senior graduate students of the lab over a conference call. Questions involved were primarily very general in nature, like describe your PhD work, why did you choose this lab, what was your most significant contribution, etc. Once that round was done, I was invited onsite for a face to face interview. This involved a presentation, a detailed question answer session (technical and HR type), a lab tour, and concluding session. Overall, very satisfied with the interview process. Was offered the position after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Our job involves very applied research with strict deadlines and project deliverables. Have you ever been in such a situation, where you have had to manage a team, collect results, and present it to a sponsor?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offer was generous.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Georgia Tech in September 2012.

First you have to submit your resume. If they like you based on that resume, then you will be chosen for the interview round. This interview round is one on one which is not too bad at all. They would ask you basic interview questions that mostly involve with make-up situations and your work ethics. For example, what would you do if you have to work under pressure and you can't meet the due date? Then they like you, you will have to come in for group interview. The questions in group interview are quite similar to individual interview, same concept.

Interview Questions
    • I would say they kind of caught me off guard when they asked me have you ever dealt with diversity?   View Answer
    They sent me a negotiation letter and i have to sign it. It was a very simple and straight forward process.

Alumni Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Georgia Tech in September 2012.

I submitted my resume and cover letter online. I heard back about the position via e-mail two days later to schedule and interview for the following week. The Director of Administrative Services went over the position and benefits with me, and was then interviewed by both them and the VP of Alumni Outreach. I was told I would hear back about the position within a week or two and if I hadn't heard anything by then to contact them. I heard back the following week.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly standard. The interviewers seemed concerned that I would not find the job satisfying or challenging enough.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Georgia Tech in September 2012.

The hiring process to become a student assistant was very informal. Student assistants are tasked with menial duties like copying, scanning, answering phones and emails, and many other tasks that may pop up anytime. The interview merely consisted of the Associate Director asking me questions about my international experience, office experience, language proficiency, and availability. It was very informal and easy.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Georgia Tech in August 2012.

What I've got was postdoc job, so I just did phone interview and quick test for my subject area. The job was pretty matching with my background and I was got hired.

Interview Questions
    • The question was all job related, nothing difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Tech in August 2012.

I applied as a web developer for one of the labs on campus. It was a very informal interview -- we mostly just talked about very high-level concepts and my past experience. There were not any technical questions, just simple stuff like which operating system did I prefer and why, etc. Very easy interview overall.

Equipment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia Tech in May 2012.

I posted my resume on Indeed.com. The prospective employer saw it there and contacted me about an open position. I can in for a face to face interview with him and several colleagues. We had lunch and a tour of the lab facilities. I met with 4 other engineers. I will be offered a job, but at a different pay scale

Interview Questions
    • Why do I want to join the center, for lower money   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2012.

The hiring manager found me on the LinkedIn and approached me. Had a very short phone interview. Then they flew me to California for an onsite interview. Had 10 one on one interviews with team members and HRs. Was asked behavior questions such as what is your weakness? What do you know about our company? etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is the effect of proportional / integral gain in a PID controller   Answer Question