Georgia Tech

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2009.

Interview Details – I contacted the professor I was interested in working with by email. Simultaneously I submitted the grad school application to the Prof's department, and specified his name as first choice. A while later (1-2 months) they contacted me to schedule an interview. The interview I met with 4 or 5 profs including my first choice. There were 10-15 other admitted prospective students. It was a pleasant process. My advisor did most of the talking during our meeting time. This was my first interview really so I was not particularly savvy about the questions I asked.

Interview Question – (Incredulously) You've only taken X number of classes in your field of interest??   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate. My desire to move out of my parents house overwhelmed my desire to be paid what I'm worth. Furthermore I was paid what everyone else in my position in my dept at Tech was paid, even a bit more.

Advice for future doctoral students: interview multiple profs and go with a big, established lab (full professor)

Very Easy Interview

Senior Systems Support Engineer Manager Interview

Senior Systems Support Engineer Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Georgia Tech in January 2009.

Interview Details – most of the time the post the information on the web

Interview Question – It is not difficult at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes until a point

Director, Research Administration Interview

Director, Research Administration
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in July 2009.

Interview Details – As a State institution of higher education, Georgia Tech must post openings publicly for at least 30 days, typically on the Institute HR homepage. Everything is submitted electronically. If invited to interview for a director position, there is usually a phone interview first. If the applicant passes to the next stage, he then participates in a face-to-face interview with a group. If he is selected as the finalist, he receives an official offer letter and must respond with an official letter accepting or declining the position. The candidate has the option to call the hiring supervisor to discuss the terms of employment, possible start dates, relocation assistance, benefits, etc. Typically GT will allow some adequate time to relocate and start employment. (Of course, by state law, GT had to perform a criminal background check on me prior to offering me the position, but that is a fairly quick process.)

Interview Question – How have you demonstrated your ability to work independently at a high level of productivity and initiative?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We successfully negotiated salary, relocate assistance and start date. Georgia Tech salaries are very competitive, particularly for public universities in Georgia.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Scientist II Interview

Research Scientist II

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview Details – All done through the individual professor I was working for. I had no interview with HR. Questions were therefore tailored to exactly what the job would be and were informative and appropriate.

Interview Question – None were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He asked what I'd like to earn and agreed that was a fair salary for the position.

Team Assistant Interview

Team Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very diligent. It takes a lot of going back and forth in order to get the job. You have to stay on top of your game in order to keep moving through the processes.

Interview Question – What salary do you think you should be paid.   View Answer

Peer Leader Interview

Peer Leader
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Georgia Tech in March 2009.

Interview Details – After applying there is two interviews. The first is a group interview where they ask you to design activities as a team. Here they are really looking at how you work with others. Everyone tries to be a leader, but what really impresses people is letting others lead while still contributing to the team. The second interview is a traditional interview with a Hall Director and a current Peer Leader. Here they go into detail about your leadership experiences and ask what you would do in certain situations on the job

Interview Question – They really like to know if you have first aid experience and will ask questions about it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flat offer take it or leave it

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant

Interviewed at Georgia Tech

Interview Details – Had a face to face conversation and was offered a job

Interview Question – Am I willing to work and go to class a the same time   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at Georgia Tech

Interview Details – Overall very good experience I would say,

Interview Question – Most of the questions I was able to answer.   Answer Question

Georgia Tech CRC Facilities Interview

Georgia Tech CRC Facilities

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview Details – The hiring process is pretty straightforward. Attend an expo and submit your resume. The interview was tricky but not too challenging. Be yourself and play to your strengths.There are different types of jobs and each of them have their own requirement. They have quite large recruitment pool so little things such as dressing in a suit, well prepped resume etc. will give you an edge as this is for a college position and many candidates don't take it seriously

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia Tech in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied as a web developer for one of the labs on campus. It was a very informal interview -- we mostly just talked about very high-level concepts and my past experience. There were not any technical questions, just simple stuff like which operating system did I prefer and why, etc. Very easy interview overall.

Interview Question – What do you hope to accomplish here in your time?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia Tech