Georgia Tech Research Institute

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute in February 2012.

Before I begin, you should know that each lab within GTRI is completely different. Your experience may not match mine if you aren't interviewing with the same lab. But in my experience people were upbeat, liked their work, and seemed interested in working with me.

Submitting online applications had no traction (black hole is apropos). I only received an interview request after a personal referral.

My interview was scheduled for a half day, not including the dinner they provided. I met with representatives from all levels of hierarchy within the lab Some interactions were in groups, some were done on an individual basis. I also met with the benefits person in that first interview. There were no directed skills tests that day, only questions about my resume and the projects I had previously worked on.

After a few days, I was brought back for a second interview. I was provided lunch, met with people not available during my first interview, and I participated in a skills test. It was designed to identify my domain strengths, covered a variety of topics, and was pretty easy. Given the breath of the questions, I was not too disappointed that I flubbed some of them. It took less than an hour.

About a week later I received an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Identify why the following code may not work, explain.   Answer Question
GTRI is not the top paying employer in their field and they aren't trying to be, that should be known going in. Negotiation is possible, but I only got between 2.5% and 5% higher than they would have preferred to pay me.

Other Interview Reviews for Georgia Tech Research Institute

Research Engineer II Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia Tech Research Institute in March 2009.

Met with 8-9 people and discussed my research area and gave a quick persentation about my PhD work.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate. Offer was great one

Worked for Georgia Tech Research Institute? Contribute to the Community!