Geoservices Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Mud Logger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Geoservices in October 2013.

I was recruited by an external recruiter. Then there were multiple calls before they flew me to Houston for a group interview.

They drug test, both urine and hair follicle.

The group interview was 2 days and consisted of group projects, group situations to see how social you were, and an individual interview.

They also had lots of propaganda telling you how great Schlumberger is. They tell you about the opportunities (which are BS). They tell you so many lies and false truths that it's ridiculous. Don't believe anything they say, you don't have opportunities at Schlumberger. You will work for Geoservices, a dysfunctional company owned by Schlumberger.

The interview is a long process, but they hire almost everyone (unless you are a total idiot). They are desperate for people because of the high turnover.

They also offer moving expenses and signing (moving) bonus. DON'T TAKE IT. If you quit before a year you have to pay it back. IT'S A TRAP. They own you for a year. Don't be a sucker.

Best advice: Don't work here. Keep looking.

Interview Questions
    • How many cellphones in your home town?   View Answer
    No negotiations. They offered less than the recruiter said they would.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Geoservices in June 2010.

I had applied to Schlumberger and interviewed with Schlumberger. They flew me in from Southern Illinois, picked me up in a limo, took me to a nice hotel for the evening. The next morning I was picked up and driven to the 1st of 3 interviews that day. The first interview was with the HR rep and had the usual general questions one would expect. The next interview actually took place over lunch with the HR rep and the Hiring Manager. The final interview consisted of a panel of 5 people asking me various questions. The process was pretty enjoyable actually and I was very impressed with the whole thing. At the end of everything when they made me an offer, they told me that they had a new area that they had recently acquired and that I would be perfect for it. I needed the job, I accepted. A week later I showed up at the address for Geoservices. In the middle in an industrial/neighborhood ghetto of Aldine/Greenspoint Houston. The office was a converted house with a warehouse behind it. Now I understand why they did the whole recruitment flair job. If anybody went to this location for an interview they would have driven past before they got robbed!

They offered, I accepted.

Data Engineer Interview

First round interview via skype second was via phone most questions so far very broad.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions really just motivation for the job.   Answer Question

Technician Mudlogger Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miri (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Employee in Miri (Malaysia)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Geoservices in February 2012.

Please tell me about yourself

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Geoservices in February 2008.

Consultant sent documentation to be filled then scheduled two interviews.

Interview Questions
    Salary requested was offered.

Worked for Geoservices? Contribute to the Community!