Geosyntec Consultants

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.9

Geotechnical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Geosyntec Consultants.

I got a email for a phone interview after a week of my online application. After that and talking to my references I went for a day-long interview. I met with almost 15 people. They also asked me to have a 30 minutes presentation. They all were friendly, and there was not any technical question.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special, mostly they were explaining the company etc.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Geosyntec Consultants.

Met people from the office. Went to lunch with several members of the office. Had meetings with 4 different people. Was able to ask them questions about the company and the specific office. It felt less like an interview, and more like a "get to know you" meeting for all parties.

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Geosyntec Consultants.

Interview process was swift. I got an email to schedule a phone interview with hiring manager within few days after applying online on company's website.Phone interview went well and I had been invited for the site interview the very next week.I have been interviewed by four people and it lasted for about 2 hrs.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about my qualification and experience.   Answer Question

Jounior Geotechnical Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Geosyntec Consultants in December 2014.

Webmeeting. A panel of three people give me the interview. They are all senior engineer. One is in charge and asked most of the questions. They talked a lot and gave me a lot of information about the company.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Introduce yourself
      2. Why do you want to be an engineer?
      3. Do you want to do design or numerical analysis?

Answer Question

Geologist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Geosyntec Consultants in September 2014.

Long and drawn out with three different groups of people. Very stuffy environment and lack of personality from the top down. In the end I can say I am glad I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I don't believe the interviewers had enough background information or really looked at my resume.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Geosyntec Consultants.

Initially interviewed over the phone for about an hour and a half and then brought into the office for a day-long interview with multiple employees, from entry level to senior level. Given a tour of the facilities, asked basic personality questions, and questions about my college. Then sent to a room, where the principal engineer asked me several technical questions and had me draw plots/graphs on a white board to test my skills.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to go to a white board and draw several "typical" plots, answer questions about slope stability, and recall different variables used in technical analyses.   Answer Question
    I was right out of graduate school, but I feel like I got an acceptable offer. I later found out it was a bit lower than other employees, but I didn't have the negotiation skills I needed at that time.

Senior Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Geosyntec Consultants.

I received a phone call from a hiring prinicipal manager and had a 30 minutes phone interview on spot, then was invited for an informal lunch meeting. I was then invited to the office for a meeting with another principal. The whole process from first phone call to the last meeting took about two months. The meeting took slightly over an hour.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, it was a detailed chat about my experiences and their needs.   Answer Question

Procurement Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Geosyntec Consultants.

Extremely thorough and professional experience. Several stage process that began with interviews with specific segment leaders, then proceeded to interviews with direct management. The company insured I was comfortable and managed the experience extremely well. Final interview was with executives of the company. Everyone was friendly and informative during the process. It was as if I was interviewing them as much as they were interviewing me. Compatibility with the company's culture if very important.

Interview Questions
    • Coming from the military, the most difficult question that arose for me was how did I plan to interact with a company that was much more entrepreneurial given my background in an organization with a rigid structure.   View Answer
    The company made an acceptable offer that met my objectives, there was not any need for back and forth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Geosyntec Consultants in December 2012.

Met a rep at a University Career fair, exchanged information. Set-up a phone interview that lasted about an hour and a half then was emailed a couple days later to set up a office visit and onsite interview. Went to dinner the night before the interview with same person I did phone interview with and another new employee (2yrs with company). The next day interview lasted from 8am-3pm...met with different high level people (30 minutes each); went to lunch for an hour and a half with 2 of the employees as well. Everyone I met with was very laid back, wasn't asked too many technical questions, I felt they were more so interested in my personality and getting to know me to see if I would be a good fit. This company isn't small but it isn't large enough to get lost and labeled with a number and people not know your name or face. That is honestly what I liked best and had a really good vibe throughout the whole interview process.

Heard back from them 2 weeks with an offer, I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't technical mostly personality and feeler questions.   Answer Question
    I was fresh out of college and going for an entry-level position with only one internship under my belt, didn't really press the issue of negotiations too much; I was pretty pleased with my offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Geosyntec Consultants in April 2012.

Interview process consisted of a phone screening, some email communications to collect letter of recommendation, technical writing sample, and transcripts, but they were relaxed on submittal. After the phone interview, they set up an office interview and lunch for the following week. I'd heard from a friend who interviewed directly from college recruiting at the Acton/Boston office that the interview was very technical and very challenging. She said there was even an exam component. At the Oakland office, they seemed much more interested in personality fit. In office interview was a series of 2 on 1 or 1 on 1 meet and greats with some discussion of relevant experience (academic and work) and some informal conversation. This went on for a few hours followed by a lunch out with 3 consultants, similar conversation topics.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about a remediation treatment process common in CA but that I wasn't familiar with.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate the offer, I accepted. I wouldn't be surprised if they had fairly set rates given level of hiring and degree type/level.