Gerdau

www.gerdau.com.br

Gerdau Interview Questions

2.3

Switchman Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gerdau.

2 interviews, quick to respond

Innovation Engineer Interview

I had two interviews with a psychologist, one with my boss and then another one with the 3 other managers.

Production Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King George, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King George, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gerdau in April 2013.

Applied online. After 3 months I got a call for an interview. Interview was straight forward with no STAR questions.

There was no negotiation. There was a set wage, but good none the less.

HRIS Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gerdau in February 2013.

Originally sourced with a local staffing agency for the vacant position. Was advised by agency recruiter that the hiring manager had not yet found the candidate that would serve as a good fit for the position. Other candidates had Payroll Data Entry experience, but none - so far - had experience working with Personnel Administration software. They use SAP, but some of their recent acquisitions are tied to Ceridian software.

Took two - three days to hear back from Agency after they submitted resume. I was overqualified for the position, but I was tired of contract work with no benefits and the local economy dried up HR-wise after my last contract ended in September. I was looking for an employer with a decent organizational culture, reasonable compensation, and that lead to a regular company-sponsored position; not long-term temporary as most of the market is these days.

Scheduled interview a week in advance. Day before interview, contacted by recruiter. Was given helpful hints about how to overcome the over-qualification barrier, how to approach the hiring manager based on feedback from other candidates, etc.

Interview: Not structured, but followed a general flow of going over my diverse contracting background (over the last 2 years) and my steady job history before (1 job only). Hiring manager was pleasant, well-spoken (intellectual), and we both had working knowledge of HRIS technical lingo/systems/etc.

Manager stated there was a bit of apprehension initially because of the concern that the position would be too menial based on my prior roles. I stated, however, I was looking for a "home" (as the recruiter suggested I say it) and though the position was heavy data-entry, it would not serve as a barrier to me nor would it chase me away to greener pastures when the opportunity presents itself.

Interview lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes. Based on some statements made in passing as we wrapped up and made our way down to the first floor (hiring manager came from a big beverage company; as it so happens, so did I, but for a major competitor), I was under the impression that I secured the position with some certainty.

Advised two days later by recruiter that interview feedback was excellent - well-spoken, strong technical knowledge, charisma, etc - BUT, they felt that I would get "bored" with the position and move on as opportunities present themselves. While I can agree with that assessment as a practical issue, I was looking to pursue some personal enrichment that would be facilitated by having a transactional, seemingly "easy" position to rely on.

Overall, very impressed with Hiring Manager. Since it was an agency temporary-to-permanent position, it did not follow the traditional Talent Acquisition process that Gerdau normally follows.

Interview Questions
    • Can you elaborate a bit more on what methods you used to streamline payroll and personnel administration (master data; org management) processes in your previous position?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gerdau in January 2010.

Pretty straight forward interview process. Had 3 interviews, 1 phone call, 1 with HR and another with who would become my direct supervisor. The phone call was pretty easy. They asked some very general questions about my experience and qualifications and it probably only lasted about 10-15min total. The HR interview was also pretty easy but I got the impression that she didn't really know what I would be doing technically, but more trying to get a vibe on my personality. The interview with who would become my direct supervisor was also pretty straight forward but he asked a lot more technical questions and wanted more information about my previous relevant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing uncommon or unusual. Why do you want to work for us, what is your greatest weakness, what is your greatest strength etc..   View Answer
    Very little room to negotiate. When I asked for a bit more than they offered they said it would put them over budget for the position.

MAP Interview

phone interview on phone for 25 minutes then on webcam

Interview Questions
    • how would you prioritize your tasks when given multiple ones   Answer Question

Internship Engineering Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Gerdau.

The interview was with three people, HR and technical people. It was fine, just about my background, my degree, why I want to work for the company. Around 30 minutes.
    Most question are asked while they are looking the CV, therefore is very important to know the exactly content of your CV.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular, but they asked me about vocational training that I have and I almost forget what I studied during this course.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gerdau in February 2012.

Recruiter interviewed on the phone. Asked some teamwork questions. A question about goals and safety

Interview Questions
    • What is a goal you have achieved and steps you took to achieve it   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gerdau in November 2011.

The interview was straight forward. Just asked typical behavioral questions.
    This is a series of 4 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where u worked in a group and you had issues with someone that was working?   Answer Question