Gerdau

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gerdau in January 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward interview process. Had 3 interviews, 1 phone call, 1 with HR and another with who would become my direct supervisor. The phone call was pretty easy. They asked some very general questions about my experience and qualifications and it probably only lasted about 10-15min total. The HR interview was also pretty easy but I got the impression that she didn't really know what I would be doing technically, but more trying to get a vibe on my personality. The interview with who would become my direct supervisor was also pretty straight forward but he asked a lot more technical questions and wanted more information about my previous relevant experience.

Interview Question – Nothing uncommon or unusual. Why do you want to work for us, what is your greatest weakness, what is your greatest strength etc..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little room to negotiate. When I asked for a bit more than they offered they said it would put them over budget for the position.

Switchman Interview

Switchman

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gerdau.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, quick to respond

Interview Question – skills test was different   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Production Helper Interview

Production Helper
King George, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Gerdau in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. After 3 months I got a call for an interview. Interview was straight forward with no STAR questions.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. There was a set wage, but good none the less.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Innovation Engineer Interview

Innovation Engineer

Interviewed at Gerdau

Interview Details – I had two interviews with a psychologist, one with my boss and then another one with the 3 other managers.

Interview Question – How do i manage stress?   Answer Question

HRIS Administrator Interview

HRIS Administrator
Tampa, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gerdau in February 2013.

Interview Details – Originally sourced with a local staffing agency for the vacant position. Was advised by agency recruiter that the hiring manager had not yet found the candidate that would serve as a good fit for the position. Other candidates had Payroll Data Entry experience, but none - so far - had experience working with Personnel Administration software. They use SAP, but some of their recent acquisitions are tied to Ceridian software.

Took two - three days to hear back from Agency after they submitted resume. I was overqualified for the position, but I was tired of contract work with no benefits and the local economy dried up HR-wise after my last contract ended in September. I was looking for an employer with a decent organizational culture, reasonable compensation, and that lead to a regular company-sponsored position; not long-term temporary as most of the market is these days.

Scheduled interview a week in advance. Day before interview, contacted by recruiter. Was given helpful hints about how to overcome the over-qualification barrier, how to approach the hiring manager based on feedback from other candidates, etc.

Interview: Not structured, but followed a general flow of going over my diverse contracting background (over the last 2 years) and my steady job history before (1 job only). Hiring manager was pleasant, well-spoken (intellectual), and we both had working knowledge of HRIS technical lingo/systems/etc.

Manager stated there was a bit of apprehension initially because of the concern that the position would be too menial based on my prior roles. I stated, however, I was looking for a "home" (as the recruiter suggested I say it) and though the position was heavy data-entry, it would not serve as a barrier to me nor would it chase me away to greener pastures when the opportunity presents itself.

Interview lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes. Based on some statements made in passing as we wrapped up and made our way down to the first floor (hiring manager came from a big beverage company; as it so happens, so did I, but for a major competitor), I was under the impression that I secured the position with some certainty.

Advised two days later by recruiter that interview feedback was excellent - well-spoken, strong technical knowledge, charisma, etc - BUT, they felt that I would get "bored" with the position and move on as opportunities present themselves. While I can agree with that assessment as a practical issue, I was looking to pursue some personal enrichment that would be facilitated by having a transactional, seemingly "easy" position to rely on.

Overall, very impressed with Hiring Manager. Since it was an agency temporary-to-permanent position, it did not follow the traditional Talent Acquisition process that Gerdau normally follows.

Interview Question – Can you elaborate a bit more on what methods you used to streamline payroll and personnel administration (master data; org management) processes in your previous position?   Answer Question

MAP Interview

MAP

Interviewed at Gerdau

Interview Details – phone interview on phone for 25 minutes then on webcam

Interview Question – how would you prioritize your tasks when given multiple ones   Answer Question

Internship Engineering Interview

Internship Engineering

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gerdau.

Interview Details – The interview was with three people, HR and technical people. It was fine, just about my background, my degree, why I want to work for the company. Around 30 minutes.
Most question are asked while they are looking the CV, therefore is very important to know the exactly content of your CV.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular, but they asked me about vocational training that I have and I almost forget what I studied during this course.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Management Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Gerdau in February 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter interviewed on the phone. Asked some teamwork questions. A question about goals and safety

Interview Question – What is a goal you have achieved and steps you took to achieve it   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Management Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Gerdau in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was straight forward. Just asked typical behavioral questions.
This is a series of 4 interviews.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where u worked in a group and you had issues with someone that was working?   Answer Question

Worked for Gerdau? Contribute to the Community!