Gerdau Long Steel North America Interview Questions

2.6

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gerdau Long Steel North America.

It is a panel interview; then they go around asking everyone- "what did you think of the candidate". They scrutinize you with a microscope during the whole interview process and nit pick at every possible thing that they can. Also, management does not seem to perceive you correctly; their perceptions of everything are negative.

The management was not worth working for; the recruitment experience was not positive;

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Gerdau Long Steel North America.

several interviews with several different sales people, this was probably for compatibility

Interview Questions
    a number was offered and i asked for more

Management Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gerdau Long Steel North America.

Applied through a job board. Heard back within a week for a phone screening.
    Phone Screening was really easy - behavioral questions and past work experiences, etc.
    Not offered.

Interview Questions
    • None. All the questions were easy and pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gerdau Long Steel North America in March 2014.

First contacted through an outsourced interview company and then a phone interview was set up with my eventual manager. The phone interview was very straightforward. The manager I spoke to was also kind enough to stay on the phone to answer any and all of my questions.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time that you dealt with matters of safety first-hand?   Answer Question

Recent Grad Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gerdau Long Steel North America.

Talked to the company at my school's career fair. Gave them my resume and they called me for an interview the next day with an HR rep. He was very nice and I felt comfortable, but they never called again or let me know they did not choose me

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you felt overwhelmed and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Stand Build Up Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cartersville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cartersville, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Gerdau Long Steel North America.

It is a Joke, They are looking for people to fit in the click not a hard worker or someone who delivers results.

Interview Questions
    Useless just a couple weeks of orientation

Stores Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gerdau Long Steel North America in May 2013.

Received an email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a screen interview which was pretty straight forward. A lot of typical interview questions. She was typing my responses into the computer system.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in an unsafe situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gerdau Long Steel North America in April 2013.

Filled up an online application and received a call few days later. Had a phone interview set up with the recruiter. Everything was STAR type behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when safety was the biggest concern.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Gerdau Long Steel North America.

had a phone screening Asked generic behavioral questions

MAP Interview

Contacted by an external recruiter for a telephone screening. Questions were all behavioral and not specific to past jobs or technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you witnessed someone you were working with doing something unsafe and what did you do?   Answer Question