Gerson Lehrman Group

Employer Engaged

Gerson Lehrman Group Account Manager Interview Questions

4.0

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Straightforward hiring process. First connected to my now-manager b/c we knew each other from a previous employer. Great intro conversation. Then had a more formal interview w/ him by phone when we determined we were aligned. Because I was interviewing for a Sales/Account role, we participated in role-playing exercises to test my ability to pitch and think on my feet.

HR then reached out to schedule in-person interviews. Very helpful HR lead that ensured my travel plans were seamless. Interviewed with potential peers, future boss, and other senior leaders at the company in person. They asked a variety of questions, all thoughtful. Seemed to be strong alignment in my background and abilities and the position. Impressed by the head of HR's questions around my interests and what satisfies me about a position - a smart and respectful way to evaluate if I was a fit. Also impressed with the team - clearly a smart and savvy group.

Salary negotiations were straightforward, and the entire process was quick and seamless.

Interview Questions
  • If you could leverage our network, what would you want to learn and who would you speak with?   Answer Question
See above. Very straightforward. Appreciated that.

Other Interview Reviews for Gerson Lehrman Group

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group in August 2011.

Referred by an internal employee who worked with me previously. Several phone interviews to assess interest and fit. Then flew to NY to interview live. Met people currently in role, peers to role, and one senior leader.

Interview Questions
    • If you could tap into the GLG now for anything, what would it be? What would you ask?   Answer Question
    • Role-playing exercise where I had to recommend and try to sell the hiring manager a movie/book/etc.   Answer Question
    Offer extended within one week of visit. Negotiation process was straightforward and fast. I was granted my requests, for the most part. Very reasonable.