Gerson Lehrman Group

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.9

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Interviewed on campus with 2 senior folk separately. One of them was HR and was primarily fit based, the other had some "what would you do to accomplish X" questions thrown in. Was invited to the next round to complete a 'case study' which involved a sample of the type of work one would do at GLG, but by that point I had already accepted another offer. Pretty laid-back process overall.

Interview Questions
    • As I said, just a couple of "how would you go about accomplishing task X" questions. Was also asked what I do for fun and what the last couple books I read were.   Answer Question

Research Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

I completed the first phone interview and it was very simple. I was first asked what I know about the company and the specific job that I applied for. Then my interviewer elaborated on what I had said and finally asked me why I thought I was a good fit for this job. I was required to speak a lot more than the interviewer so make sure to do your research and have questions prepared. I think with this interview they're mainly testing your ability to carry a professional conversation over the phone since this job requires you to make phone calls regularly to potential council members.
    The next step will be a second phone interview with a hiring manager and if I pass that round, a final interview in person.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was straightforward. Just do your research and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Brought through two back-to-back interviews, one asked about the business model, and the other asked if I had any questions. They mostly asked behavioral questions and for you to elaborate on items on your resume. Make sure you know your previous projects well, and how they relate to the RA position. Make sure you know and articulate the business model well, and why you want to do research.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Initial interviews happened immediately and with great organization. There were two phone interviews followed by three web interviews, then an in-person interview. All of the interviews were pretty straght-forward and candid. There was an informal element to them. The focus seemed to be on work experience and how that translates to the role I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • What would you be willing to do to ensure a positive guest experience...   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

On campus interview, two thirty minute interviews. The interviews were very straight forward, though they seemed most interested in seeing if you understand exactly what they do. Both interviewers spent around half their time going over what an expert network is and different ways of thinking about it.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

I applied through my schools job posting and received a call within a few business days to set up a phone interview. I went through two phone interviews before I had my final interview in their Austin office. All of the interviews were very easy, mostly behavioral, tell me about yourself and tell me about your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Just be sure you are able to talk about what GLG does and their business model   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group.

Applied for the senior associate program in Austin. Was contacted by recruiter in New York, and proceeded to go to through an initial phone interview, case review interview, and in-person interview. The initial phone interview was with 2 different people, one senior associate and a research manager. I was then provided a case-study, and then invited to Austin for an interview. The people were generally friendly, and responsive.

Junior Associate Interview

Two weeks after applying received an email asking basic questions, after responding was contacted fairly quickly to set up a 30 minute phone interview. Notes from the first phone interview were to be passed onto another manager who would decide whether to set up a second phone interview

Interview Questions
    • No real surprising questions, expected to have pretty thorough knowledge of the company's business model. Mostly personal questions about experience and why I would be the right fit for the job.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group in September 2014.

-Received a phone call upon resume submission
    -Was moved onto the second round
    -Had two phone interviews with two different employees, very nice people
    -They asked about my resume, career goals, and why I want to start a career at GLG
    -They were very friendly, and led on that I was a good candidate
    -Surprised when I was not asked to continue on with the interview process

Senior Research Associate Interview

The interview process was good at first. I completed two initial phone interviews and the case study interview before finally scheduling a trip out to Austin to complete my final in-person interview. In the time period between the last two interviews my recruiter fell out of touch with me. I received no confirmation of the interview despite having sent multiple emails trying to reach out. Upon my arrival in the office it seemed as though they were not prepared to have me. Having been so excited about the opportunity at the start, by the end I felt as though the company did not care at all. This final lack luster experience left me disappointed in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Do you believe your GPA is representative of your intelligence? If not, what would you rate yourself?   Answer Question