Gerson Lehrman Group

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group in December 2013.

Interview Details – The Interviewer jumped right into the interview as soon as we started speaking, which threw me off a bit. The questions were relatively easy. From there they send either give a recommendation (or not) to another HR representative who will contact you for a second round of interviews.

Interview Question – 1) Tell me why you are interested in this position/where did you find this job
2) Describe the GLG business model
3) What traits do you have to offer that will help you succeed in this position
  Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – -Had phone interview - got call from HR person in NY who told me about the position and then a call from the Austin office 20 minutes later.
-Was asked to give quick review of entire resume
-Was asked to come into Austin office for 2nd round
-All behavioral questions again, "tell me about a time you were on a team and had to take a leadership position", etc. Was asked to give a quick review of my resume again.

Interview Question – Please explain our business model   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gerson Lehrman Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview was your basic "tell me a time when you..." interview where you show your skills and how you used them in a particular situation. I was asked about any experience I had with research projects and challenges I faced conducting research. The second interview was a panel interview of 2 associates and it was more relaxed, almost like a conversation. We went over my resume, they asked about some general responsibilities, explained the job, and then asked me about some books I had read recently.

Interview Question – What was a challenge you faced conducting research?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gerson Lehrman Group

Worked for Gerson Lehrman Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gerson Lehrman Group Research Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gerson Lehrman Group employees and interview candidates.