Get Satisfaction

Get Satisfaction Interview Questions

2.5

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Get Satisfaction.

Very welcoming and to the point. No sugar coating. Challenging skills exercise but fun.

Simple, straight forward.

Customer Success Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Get Satisfaction.

Recommended for the position and interviewed before it was posted. Did some small HTML and jQuery with one of their team members, which seemed to go well. Went in for a second interview several weeks later that went well. Mostly talked about what the job would entail, I asked a lot of questions about the company, their teams, how decision-making worked, etc. It sounds like they're an honest, no-bs type place to work. Weeks later, they asked me to come in for a third interview. At that point I figured I was probably going to be offered the position, but haven't heard from them in over a week now.
    It reflects badly on them that it's taken so long to make this decision. I know other people who have applied who have also been left hanging. In contrast, I had a phone screen one morning for another job, and by the next afternoon they had already followed up. It feels like a waste of my time and leaves me with a negative impression of their hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many difficult questions. Customer complaint emails were presented and I wrote responses.   Answer Question

Customer Success Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Get Satisfaction in July 2013.

I did two phone screens followed by an in-person interview. I met with five team members, and thought I hit it off with most of them. The next week I was asked for references and about salary, and told that they'd let me know their decision by Friday. Then came total radio silence. They never called me with a decision as promised, and ignored my follow-up email. Disappointing that a company in the business of facilitating communication would treat applicants so rudely!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to code some JavaScript on site, but otherwise the questions were non-technical.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Get Satisfaction in March 2013.

The hiring and interview process is smooth. Hiring personnel are responsive to emails. Interviewer are friendly - not the try to put you in a spot type. This is billed as a start-up, and in a sense it is, but the interviewing and hiring process give you the impression that this is a very well-run, mature enterprise, with seasoned career managers. Definitely not your messy, spontaneous start-up hiring and interview. Having said that, it's still very personable, and you get to talk to higher level executives much more easily.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a valuation of our company given this information?   View Answer

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Get Satisfaction in December 2012.

Multiple rounds of interviews. Pretty thorough job, which is fine for vetting, but they did go on for a pretty long time. I understood why later after I found out that they had had quite a few issues with past designers and acquiring the right one for the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was getting the interviewers to understand very detailed concepts of previous product design work, but we got through it fine.   Answer Question
    Very good. They offered me more than I was making at the time so I wouldn't take any other offers and as a good will gesture.

Unprofessional Recruiters and Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Get Satisfaction in April 2012.

Had the screening interview with the recruiter and she set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. I accepted the meeting request and planned for the call the next day. At 10:30pm, the recruiter emailed another question to me. By morning when I read the email, she had already canceled the meeting without any explanation. I asked what her reason was via email, but never got a reply. About 10 days later she used the email with my accepted meeting request to reply with a standard rejection email - no personalization.

Their recruiters are terribly unprofessional. If they are allowed to treat candidates like how would managers treat their people. I wouldn't consider working here until there is a major management shake up. Attitude like this is always coming from the top down.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were to verify my resume information relative to the job description.   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Get Satisfaction in March 2012.

Hiring was simple. One meeting with Vp of sales and one with CEO. Meeting with CEO was nothing more than a confirmation

Interview Questions
    Very limited. More of a take it or leave it.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Get Satisfaction in February 2012.

Phone interview with recruiter, and then in person interview with CFO. Then everyone fell off face of the earth. Recruiter stopped responding to my emails, and as I was told to go through her, I didn't find it appropriate to reach out to CFO.

A simple decline email goes a long way, it's good practice to close out candidates.

Not hearing back from a company in any way shape of form makes for a very negative experience in my mind. It just shows that there's no common courtesy there, you took time out of your day, and I took time out of my day for us to meet, to not have any closure from that is bad. I don't mind if you don't want to hire me, you probably have a good reason, but you can communicate that to me. It's the same feeling as if you put out an offer, and I just didn't get back to you.