GetInsured Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GetInsured in April 2014.

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn and I responded to set up a time to interview. I went in to the office for the full interview and things went really well. Everyone I talked to seemed really great and excited about the possibility of working together. Thirty minutes later I received an email from the recruiter saying they wanted to move forward and would send the offer letter in the next few days; he just needed my references. I gave them contact information for 3 different references. My references were all called but without warning so they missed their calls. When they tried to call the people at GetInsured back their mailbox was full and couldn't leave a message. One of my references kept calling the recruiters back and finally got through--this reference told me that the call went well. I did not hear anything from the recruiter I worked with for more than a week. Then he said he was just waiting on one last signature but it would be approved the next day. When it was finally approved and the offer was ready the recruiter only wanted to go over the offer on the phone. He missed me on the phone once (he called during working hours so I was at my current job) but I called and emailed twice with multiple days and times that I was available. I never heard back and I never saw a physical offer letter.

Interview Questions

I was told I received and offer and the recruiter wanted to go over it on the phone but I never saw it or heard about it over the phone.

Jun 30, 2014Social Media Strategist

We are committed to treating all interview candidates with the utmost respect, and we take seriously any complaint received by a candidate. We do not agree with this version of events, but wish you ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at GetInsured.

Very rushed onsite interview, no time to ask questions. During one of them, the interviewer didn't allow me time to clarify his questions and even left the room during one of the questions. I was asked one specific question about Hibernate's by two different interviewers, so it must be very important to them. If you've just never dealt with this particular issue before, and you're familiar with general Hibernate behavior, it would not be possible to answer this question in the way they expected.

Overall the interview wasn't difficult, it just appeared that they wanted to hear specific answers. There wasn't much "problem solving" during the interview, I felt it was more of a test of whether you're experienced in these specific topics.

Interview Questions
    • Runtime behavior of Java generics - this one is probably one of the more challenging questions and deals with issues that's not widely encountered in typical enterprise applications.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GetInsured in October 2013.

After a phone screen, I came into the office for 4 in-person interviews. I was impressed by how packed the office was -- it was clear that they were quickly outgrowing their space.
    I was extremely disappointed with my experience because GetInsured gave me a verbal offer, then after a few days refused to put the offer in writing and withdrew it altogether.

Interview Questions
    • You're given an array of positive and negative integers that's over 1M digits long and your goal is to find the group of continuous integers in the array with the largest sum.   Answer Question
    Get the offer in writing.

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GetInsured.

Started with a phone interview. It covered a lot of different topics (Java, Spring, Maven, hibernate etc) and focused on basics (IOC, Archetypes in maven etc).
    The onsite interview was set up within a week. there were 4 rounds which included design and coding questions as well as DB design.there were behavioral question too such as lessons learned, previous success /failures etc.

Pleasant

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at GetInsured in January 2014.

I applied to this position via employee referral. I was contacted by the recruiter within 4 days. She explained to me about the position and the company. I was also asked some screening questions such as my background and why I am interested in this role.

My interview was set up for the following week. Right from the beginning, the communication was clear and prompt.

I had 2 on site interviews a week apart and a phone interview with one senior executive. The interview process was rigorous:
    1. I had to finish an exercise before my first interview.
    2. First Interview: I met total of 5 people (including 3 product managers, 1 software architect and 1 sr. HR).
    3. Second Interview (the following week): I met total of 3 people (1 product manager and 2 senior executives).
    4. Follow up phone interview with another senior executive.

The entire interview process was thorough and very specific to my resume and past work experiences.

Every interviewer was professional and courteous. Right from start I got the feeling that this is a place I want to work at. The questions asked were simple but probing. The senior executives were very personable during the interview process. They also had the clear vision and direction where they want to take the company in the near future.

Having worked on the exercise before the interview also helped. This gave me a glimpse of my day to day work in this role and was the deciding factor between this offer and another.

I received the offer following week. The communication during the acceptance phase was prompt and very clear.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing seemed out of ordinary. The questions were mostly based on my past work experience and why I am interested in this role.

I was given a mini-case question by one of the interviewers. Not that difficult but forces you to think on your feet. The focus was on the thought process rather than the right answer.
        Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GetInsured in October 2013.

Applied online and got a call from the HR within a week. The HR was very friendly and explained me their hiring process. It was then followed by a phone screening interview after which they invited me onsite to interview with 4 product managers. The entire process was smooth and stretched about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you measure hourly throughput of golden gate bridge?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Applied thru recruiter..overall process took less than a week.
    Had phone screening and then followed by in-person interview.
    when I walked in, the whole office space looks like a market, people walking around and no way you feel like you are in a profession work space. People chatting around. People I met are ok, very dis organized and lack of enthusiasm about their own work. My first impression was should I continue or just cut the process short so I will have my 2 hours back. Stay away from interviewing if you don't want to wast any time.

Feb 13, 2014Social Media Strategist

First and foremost, we appreciate your candid feedback and apologize for the experience you had. We strive to make every interview experience excellent, and we're always looking for ways to improve ... More

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at GetInsured in August 2013.

Once I walked in to their office. I felt like I walk into a flea market where no one does any maintenance for months. During the interview, I got interrupted at least 3 times because the room is shared by 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • Besides normal QA questions, they will asked some system admin questions as well.   Answer Question

Feb 13, 2014Social Media Strategist

GetInsured has grown rapidly over the past year, and there's no doubt our office space has become crowded and needs an upgrade -- which is why we're moving to brand new, spacious headquarters in ... More

Project Management Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at GetInsured.

Just conducted an interview for the project management position. Interested in six sigma position but there was an immediate requirement. Interview was behavioral and went fine

Interview Questions

Worked for GetInsured? Contribute to the Community!