Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Getco
- C++ Developer (1)
- Executive (1)
- Developer (1)
- Trader (1)
- Not Sure Since They Have No Titles (1)
- FPGA Developer (1)
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Getco (Chicago, IL).
Phone Screen with some junior engineer. Didn't ask any technical questions. More about my last job with a major investment bank and the rest of my resume. Was assigned a "mini-project". Completed mini-project and returned to them in a couple of days. Didn't hear back from them. Mind you I'm a senior engineer with 15+yrs experience and have designed flight controllers for commercial airliners. This mini-project seems suspiciously like and attempt to get free labor from outside experts.
- None. Get real suspicious when you don't get any difficult questions. They don't seem to be really hiring. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral Experience
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Getco (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.
Contacted by recruiter
Phone interview - 45 minutes
Onsite interview - 4 back to back one hour interview
- Template meta programming Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Getco.
Got calls then face the interview. Have to pass 2 interviews. Both of them are oral interview.
- Ask too much technical questions. Need to have a strong basic knowledge regarding techinal area. Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Getco.
Difficult interview because expected you to read their minds. Your answer would be the right one but If your answer was not what they did they criticized you. After that the interview was pretty much them embarrassing you for the remainder of the time.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Getco (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.
Overall experience is ok. HRs are pretty kind and talktive. Traders are also ok; some of them are very smart. They would give hints during interview process if you ask for them. But some traders are ridiculously arrogant, throwing things in your face.
- What's you estimation of GETCO's profit per trade? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review