Getco Interview Questions & Reviews

3.5

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Getco in February 2013.

Contacted by recruiter
    Coding exercise
    Phone interview - 45 minutes
    Onsite interview - 4 back to back one hour interview

FPGA Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Getco.

Phone Screen with some junior engineer. Didn't ask any technical questions. More about my last job with a major investment bank and the rest of my resume. Was assigned a "mini-project". Completed mini-project and returned to them in a couple of days. Didn't hear back from them. Mind you I'm a senior engineer with 15+yrs experience and have designed flight controllers for commercial airliners. This mini-project seems suspiciously like and attempt to get free labor from outside experts.

Interview Questions
    • None. Get real suspicious when you don't get any difficult questions. They don't seem to be really hiring.   Answer Question

Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Getco.

Got calls then face the interview. Have to pass 2 interviews. Both of them are oral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Ask too much technical questions. Need to have a strong basic knowledge regarding techinal area.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

one phone interview and one onsite

Not Sure Since They Have No Titles Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Getco.

Difficult interview because expected you to read their minds. Your answer would be the right one but If your answer was not what they did they criticized you. After that the interview was pretty much them embarrassing you for the remainder of the time.

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Getco in May 2012.

Overall experience is ok. HRs are pretty kind and talktive. Traders are also ok; some of them are very smart. They would give hints during interview process if you ask for them. But some traders are ridiculously arrogant, throwing things in your face.

Interview Questions

Worked for Getco? Contribute to the Community!