Getty Images

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Getty Images.

Interview Details – Average , phone interviews, in office interview, very confusing because I thought I was there for an offer, having been asked to sign the standard employee non disclosure agreement before going in, I had worked there for 8 years prior , so I was surprised at the formal interview and change of tone.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Getty Images in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process came to a halt when they asked me to sign an employer-employee agreement during the interview process, before even making an offer. I of course refused to sign..

Interview Question – It wasn't a difficult interview at all.   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Researcher Interview

Senior User Experience Researcher
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Getty Images in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews, the first with the HR rep and then a second one with the hiring manager. About 1.5 weeks later I came in to the office for 4 hours of interviews. I first talked with the HR rep and then shown to a conference room where I met, in succession, the Lead UX designer, another UX designer, the hiring manager and the two current UX researchers.

Interview Question – Asked to design a UX study to get feedback on a web page (30 minutes to prep) and then run a usability session.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer without negotiating

Photo Assignments Coordinator Interview

Photo Assignments Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Getty Images in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had already been an intern - I interviewed with Getty for several months, just continually asking for another interview - informational or otherwise, because of how much I wanted to work for them. After awhile, they offered me an internship in the research department. A couple months later - a position opened up that my manager recommended me for. I interviewed with the Director of the department, and although he was very serious about the interview, he worked to make me feel comfortable so that he could truly get a sense of who I was. He seemed interested in hiring PEOPLE - and then teaching skills.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself...

It's a hard one because it's SO ambiguous and you have to be clear and concise while also telling them something valuable and applicable to the impeding position.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straightforward. I was so junior that I didn't have legs to stand on where experience and such is concerned. So they offered me a number, and I accepted.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Getty Images in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through website, and received a call from HR, Phone, onsite.

Interview Question – Know your work history and be able to articulate your strengths on why you would be a perfect fit for your job. know your resume   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Getty Images.

Interview Details – Since pair programming is important to Getty, my interview was a mock pairing session. I sat with two guys and a laptop, and was asked to solve a relatively simple coding question using TDD (test driven development). They had already set up the solution in Visual Studio and stubbed out the class we were going to write.

I also had a quick chat about some trivia (aka what are SOLID principles, what does the keyword virtual mean, what's the difference between a span and div).

Finally, I had a 10 min session with my potential manager, where he asked me the normal sort of questions like, why did I leave my previous company, what was the most challenging problem I had to solve, etc.

Interview Question – Programming while someone watches you was a new experience for me.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Getty Images in December 2012.

Interview Details – 6 half-hour interviews in 3 hours, plus bookends by recruiters. Very conversational style, no hardball questions. In fact, they kind of spent a lot of time talking about themselves and the company, and I didn't really feel like I had to say much.

Interview Question – After the interview loop, I was asked to write a three-page business case.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were offering a good salary and the title I wanted. I asked for more, they said no, so I went with their original offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Getty Images in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted in a room with literally nothing in it besides a table and bright white lights. I felt like I was being interrogated. I interviewed with Will, the manager of the sales team I would be working with. He was unwelcoming, not personable at all, and just generally uncomfortable to even be around. I think this is just his personality but is this really the person you want conducting interviews? He asked all of the mundane interview questions and prefaced most of them by saying "don't give me a pat answer".

Interview Question – What sales books have you read?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Getty Images in May 2009.

Interview Details – Simple, fast and easy going

Interview Question – How do you increase sales for an existing customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much room for negotiation in salary. compromised.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Getty Images.

Interview Details – Despite time zone and geographic mismatches, Getty was extremely patient and accommodating throughout the entire interview process. They were flexible with regard to rescheduling phone interview timings and we're willing to implement Skype interviews in lieu of face-to-face meetings, as the travel to the office location was not compatible with my schedule.

Interview Question – Be prepared for any type of behavioural questions. A good fit is of paramount importance as well. It's not all about technical skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Surprisingly smooth.

Worked for Getty Images? Contribute to the Community!