Getty Images Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Jun 7, 2015

2.9

Vendor Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

I talked with the people who would be managing me. They were friendly, though one left the company by the time I started. They were all friendly, engaged people, and I enjoyed working with them while I was on contract there.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle angry people?   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through website, and received a call from HR, Phone, onsite.

Interview Questions

• Know your work history and be able to articulate your strengths on why you would be a perfect fit for your job. know your resume   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Since pair programming is important to Getty, my interview was a mock pairing session. I sat with two guys and a laptop, and was asked to solve a relatively simple coding question using TDD (test driven development). They had already set up the solution in Visual Studio and stubbed out the class we were going to write. I also had a quick chat about some trivia (aka what are SOLID principles, what does the keyword virtual mean, what's the difference between a span and div). Finally, I had a 10 min session with my potential manager, where he asked me the normal sort of questions like, why did I leave my previous company, what was the most challenging problem I had to solve, etc.

Interview Questions

• Programming while someone watches you was a new experience for me.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

it was three one and half hour interviews with hands on coding. I was very impressed with the managers passion for technology and test driven development. First loop was with the manger he walked through the development process and how they use KanBan methodology

Interview Questions

• TDD experience and had a hands on exercise that was done with one of the dev leads   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview is usually run by a panel. The first round is with a recruiter and no the HR department. After the recruiter you will meet with the department hiring manager. If you make it past the hiring manager you get to meet the team. Based on passing you get the usual background check and offer letter. Here is where the meat is. Be sure that before you get the offer in writing that you have made clear what you expect for a salary.

Interview Questions

• The hard questions are problems that the company is actually having in relation to the job that you are applying for. Be sure that you really understand the role and your responsibities, There is no wrong answer. Your thought process and problem solving skills are being tested.   Answer Question

The amount of money was not good enough BUT it was higher than industry standard.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

6 half-hour interviews in 3 hours, plus bookends by recruiters. Very conversational style, no hardball questions. In fact, they kind of spent a lot of time talking about themselves and the company, and I didn't really feel like I had to say much.

Interview Questions

• After the interview loop, I was asked to write a three-page business case.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were offering a good salary and the title I wanted. I asked for more, they said no, so I went with their original offer.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interviewed with director of my org and the director of HR. Primarily informational, without any scenario based questions. I asked a few questions about their specific needs and the roles and responsibilities laid out in the job description. The interview went well, without any surprises, gotcha questions or scenario questions. It moved along quickly, then it was over with. Within a week, I was asked back to meet with some peers. This went reasonably well, with one individual focused on asking 'gotcha' type questions. It didn't go as smoothly as the first interview, but it was satisfactory. In general, I didn't feel that there was a great deal of 'meat' to either interview. I didn't feel that I had a good sense of whether it was a good fit or not. However, within a week, they made me an attractive offer which I accepted.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate on the offer. I was looking for work, the offer was more than fair.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Perfectly normal interview. 4 sections that covered normal things for developers who have to know something about front and back end development in web sites

Interview Questions

• What would you rate your skills in xyz? (Who asks this still? We all know the continuum is different for everyone)   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

This was an unprofessional interview but the company sounded interesting. There were two interviews. The first was a 60 min technical interview with a web developer and software test developer. The second was a 30 min interview with the team lead. In the first interview I was greeted with, "I'm a horrible interviewer." Followed closely by "This isn't usual, but neither of us have even glanced at your resume. Nor have we talked with each other about what we're going to go over." I misunderstood several questions because they were worded oddly and I had to figure out what they were asking. I answered them the best I could but it was obvious I wasn't giving them the answer they wanted even for technically straight-forward answers. The last 20 min involved a pair-programming exercise that involved very strict test-driven development practices (i.e. you don't write a line of code until you've created a test for it and you don't write a second line of code until you write a test for it.) This was another culture fit scenario gauging how work with other people pair programming . The second interview was a relaxed culture fit interview which gauged my fit with the company's style.

Interview Questions

• What is a static method?   1 Answer
    • What is the virtual keyword in C# and when would you use it?   1 Answer
    • How would you create an accordion-style nav menu using css and javascript without using jQuery.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview process consist of design question, coding questions, testability related and process related questions. I was asked UI design related questions, questions related to design patterns, testability concepts and agile process related questions. I was also asked service oriented architecture questions, wcf and rest services related questions. I will also suggest to prepare for MVC.net, C# questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a factory design pattern and when will you use it.   Answer Question