Getty Images Software Engineer Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Getty Images.

Since pair programming is important to Getty, my interview was a mock pairing session. I sat with two guys and a laptop, and was asked to solve a relatively simple coding question using TDD (test driven development). They had already set up the solution in Visual Studio and stubbed out the class we were going to write.

I also had a quick chat about some trivia (aka what are SOLID principles, what does the keyword virtual mean, what's the difference between a span and div).

Finally, I had a 10 min session with my potential manager, where he asked me the normal sort of questions like, why did I leave my previous company, what was the most challenging problem I had to solve, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Programming while someone watches you was a new experience for me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Getty Images

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Getty Images.

Perfectly normal interview. 4 sections that covered normal things for developers who have to know something about front and back end development in web sites

Interview Questions
    • What would you rate your skills in xyz? (Who asks this still? We all know the continuum is different for everyone)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Getty Images in October 2009.

Phone screen followed by in person interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Getty Images in September 2009.

Phone screen. All day Microsoft style interview process. A lot of technical questions which involved writing code on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions
    • Coding out the usage of an IOC container using TDD - describe the overall concept and then write a test that fails. This is difficult to do on a whiteboard...   Answer Question

They seemed more formal and buttoned down than Microsoft.