Getty Images

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Getty Images.

Interview Details – Since pair programming is important to Getty, my interview was a mock pairing session. I sat with two guys and a laptop, and was asked to solve a relatively simple coding question using TDD (test driven development). They had already set up the solution in Visual Studio and stubbed out the class we were going to write.

I also had a quick chat about some trivia (aka what are SOLID principles, what does the keyword virtual mean, what's the difference between a span and div).

Finally, I had a 10 min session with my potential manager, where he asked me the normal sort of questions like, why did I leave my previous company, what was the most challenging problem I had to solve, etc.

Interview Question – Programming while someone watches you was a new experience for me.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Getty Images in September 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screen. All day Microsoft style interview process. A lot of technical questions which involved writing code on the whiteboard.

Interview Question – Coding out the usage of an IOC container using TDD - describe the overall concept and then write a test that fails. This is difficult to do on a whiteboard...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They seemed more formal and buttoned down than Microsoft.

Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Getty Images.

Interview Details – Perfectly normal interview. 4 sections that covered normal things for developers who have to know something about front and back end development in web sites

Interview Question – What would you rate your skills in xyz? (Who asks this still? We all know the continuum is different for everyone)   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Getty Images in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by in person interviews

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Getty Images? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Getty Images Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Getty Images employees and interview candidates.