Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Getty Images
- Software Engineer (4)
- Senior Manager (2)
- Senior Software Engineer (1)
- Manager Position (1)
- Accountant (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (1)
- Recruiter (1)
- Regional Marketing (1)
- Senior Telecom Engineer (1)
- Product (1)
- Sales Representative (1)
- Enterprise Architect (1)
- Sales Associate (1)
- Director of Finance (1)
- Marketing Analyst (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Management Position (1)
- Vendor Relationship Manager (1)
- Learning & Development Human Resources (1)
- Photo Assignments Coordinator (1)
- Senior Software Engineer (Contract) (1)
- Manager, Digital Marketing Analysis (1)
- Temp AP Specialist (1)
- Web Developer (1)
- IT Manager (1)
- Senior User Experience Researcher (1)
- Account Executive (1)
Software Engineer Interview
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA).
Since pair programming is important to Getty, my interview was a mock pairing session. I sat with two guys and a laptop, and was asked to solve a relatively simple coding question using TDD (test driven development). They had already set up the solution in Visual Studio and stubbed out the class we were going to write. I also had a quick chat about some trivia (aka what are SOLID principles, what does the keyword virtual mean, what's the difference between a span and div). Finally, I had a 10 min session with my potential manager, where he asked me the normal sort of questions like, why did I leave my previous company, what was the most challenging problem I had to solve, etc.
- Programming while someone watches you was a new experience for me. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Getty Images
Software Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA).
Perfectly normal interview. 4 sections that covered normal things for developers who have to know something about front and back end development in web sites
- What would you rate your skills in xyz? (Who asks this still? We all know the continuum is different for everyone) Answer Question
What were you able to negotiate? What advice would you give others considering an offer?
Software Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in October 2009.
Phone screen followed by in person interviews
Software Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Getty Images in September 2009.
Phone screen. All day Microsoft style interview process. A lot of technical questions which involved writing code on the whiteboard.
- Coding out the usage of an IOC container using TDD - describe the overall concept and then write a test that fails. This is difficult to do on a whiteboard... Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
They seemed more formal and buttoned down than Microsoft.