Getty Images

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Getty Images in May 2012.

This was an unprofessional interview but the company sounded interesting.

There were two interviews. The first was a 60 min technical interview with a web developer and software test developer. The second was a 30 min interview with the team lead.

In the first interview I was greeted with, "I'm a horrible interviewer." Followed closely by "This isn't usual, but neither of us have even glanced at your resume. Nor have we talked with each other about what we're going to go over."

I misunderstood several questions because they were worded oddly and I had to figure out what they were asking. I answered them the best I could but it was obvious I wasn't giving them the answer they wanted even for technically straight-forward answers.

The last 20 min involved a pair-programming exercise that involved very strict test-driven development practices (i.e. you don't write a line of code until you've created a test for it and you don't write a second line of code until you write a test for it.) This was another culture fit scenario gauging how work with other people pair programming .

The second interview was a relaxed culture fit interview which gauged my fit with the company's style.

Interview Questions
  • What is a static method?   View Answer
  • What is the virtual keyword in C# and when would you use it?   View Answer
  • How would you create an accordion-style nav menu using css and javascript without using jQuery.   View Answer