Gexa Energy Interview Questions

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

interviewed at Gexa Energy in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online... received callback after about 3 weeks from the hiring assistant.. Interview is next week. Will update then.I'm sure questions will be about my experience and dealing with aspects of credit.

Interview Questions

• I'm sure questions will be about my experience and dealing with aspects of credit.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Gexa Energy.

Interview

Interview was split up between 3 different employees at the company. Interview questions were reasonable but they were clearly looking for someone with tenure in the oil and gas industry.

Interview Questions

• All questions were fairly typical and straightforward.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Gexa Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview, multiple in-person interviews back-to-back, interview process does not always lead to job, moving up in the company can be difficult. when moving up, rarely an interview. Interviews are normally brief, but there will likely be several weeks before receiving an offer and starting the job.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gexa Energy.

Interview

Process was very disjointed and took several months. Several times I felt confident that the interview process was over and I hadn't got the job, but then 8 interviews later, I was hired. It also ended up that the job wasn't the one I was expecting according to the job description.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gexa Energy (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

1st interview- Phone interview with two team members asking me why I was interested in the position, some basic background info.
    2nd interview- Apparently they didn't have time for everyone to interview me one on one, so they decided to group interview me 11 on one. They had all Directors within the department, as well as managers and team leads within each group. They took turns asking me various questions about my resume, my experience in excel and the electricity industry, and behavioral questions.
    There aren't any case questions- or anything like that, but the people who are hired are people who are confident, and have proven that they brought a culture of change to their current/previous workplace.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?   1 Answer
    • They ask alot about excel and pivot tables/vlookups basic excel analytical functions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate- The pay is a tad below analyst jobs at higher end places.

IT/Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gexa Energy (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Pass interview, and 1:1 to manager, not many questions, more talk about yourself and experience type questions!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gexa Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied online, HR rep. called in 3 days, asked general questions like why do you think you are a better candidate than others, scheduled 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• We all have had to work with someone who is very difficult to get along with. Give an example of when this happened to you. Why was the person difficult and how did you handle this person   Answer Question
    • .Tell me about yourself. Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gexa Energy (Tomball, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Horrible, I was interviewed by 13 people. I was originally told I would be there for 3 hours which was not the case AT ALL. I was interviewed by a series of people, which I found out after being hired had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ROLE I WAS APPLYING FOR.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were generic. Your average behavioral and experience based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a little more then the original offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gexa Energy (Houston, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

Alli did was talk to a lady spoke in spanish amd asked me stupid questions about life not work related

Interview Questions

• What do i knw about the electricity system   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offers me position and pay rate