GfK Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.9

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview to check background (40 minutes to 1 hour) Data test to check background knowledge, data analysis skills and Excel skills (within 5 days) Phone interview (Talk about data analysis report and see if eligible for an on-site interview) On-site interview (Some behavioral questions and free chat)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself Walk me through your past experience   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly quick process. It was comprised of two rounds within a few days of each other. I met with about 9 people in total, which seemed like a lot, but now that I have started working here, it makes total sense.

Interview Questions

• One person interviewing me asked how long I was hoping to stay with a company like this, in this type of role.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GfK (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process took over two months . First a phone screen, followed by an in person interview, followed by reference checks . Each step took about to weeks to complete, the process was very staggered.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GfK.

Interview

Took forever for them to make arrangements. Sr person made promises that were completely untrue. Interview with line management was excellent and focused on the fit given we both knew the job was well within my skill set.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the job?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview & then Personal Interview with 3 people. It was a straight forward interview based on case presentation on previously provided sample data, normal behavioral questions and past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why GFk? Why you find yourself suitable for this position?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GfK (Boston, MA).

Interview

Screening interview first, then data analysis test, then anotherfour phone interviews and one in-person interview. It took them forever to make up their mind, in total about 4 months of interviews and going back and forth.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GfK.

Interview

Interview Questions

• How has past experiences prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GfK (New York, NY).

Interview

Hired as part of an acquisition, so cannot speak to GfK process. I can say that some teams are more selective than others, interviewing for months and months before making a single hire.

Interview Questions

• Not sure if they still use these for entry-level, but they'll ask abstract ideas to get a feel for how you think. For example) What is the US population? Some basics on statistics are also likely to be asked.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GfK.

Interview

Had three interviews which were pretty standard with no real difficult questions. Some of the people that I gave as references said that the questions they were asked were really basic and didn't relate to the job in question. Also had to go back and forth a few times on the offer letter due to errors and wanting clarification in writing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightforward except the process of the offer letter was a bit aggrevating,

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GfK in March 2014.

Interview

Phone call. Questions about resume. Interview Details Three rounds of interviews, first was very general, second and third much more specific. About two weeks in between each interview. Offered position a few days after final interview, and accepted.