GfK

32 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GfK.

Interview Details – Three rounds of interviews, first was very general, second and third much more specific. About two weeks in between each interview. Offered position a few days after final interview, and accepted.

Interview Question – How has past experiences prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GfK.

Interview Details – Hired as part of an acquisition, so cannot speak to GfK process. I can say that some teams are more selective than others, interviewing for months and months before making a single hire.

Interview Question – Not sure if they still use these for entry-level, but they'll ask abstract ideas to get a feel for how you think. For example) What is the US population? Some basics on statistics are also likely to be asked.   Answer Question

Market Research Director Interview

Market Research Director

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GfK.

Interview Details – Had three interviews which were pretty standard with no real difficult questions. Some of the people that I gave as references said that the questions they were asked were really basic and didn't relate to the job in question. Also had to go back and forth a few times on the offer letter due to errors and wanting clarification in writing.

Interview Question – None was asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straightforward except the process of the offer letter was a bit aggrevating,

Senior Research Manager Interview

Senior Research Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GfK in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process was fairly straight forward. A recruiter scheduled two phone interviews with higher ups who's team I would be on. Then I had two in person interviews at the local office with the person I would report to, and their boss. Everyone was very positive and told me they would be in touch in a couple of days. Unfortunately, I never heard back after the in person interviews. I reached out to the recruiter to ask if a decision had been made and heard nothing. Very disappointing as I spent nearly 2 months going through the whole process. It would have been nice to hear formally one way or the other.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions asked. They did ask how I would feel working for someone who I felt knew less than I do.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Market Researcher Interview

Senior Associate Market Researcher
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GfK in July 2013.

Interview Details – Series of phone interviews, followed by Video interviews at HQ in Chicago for a position in WA. They cancelled the final interview under the guise of a rescheduling, but it never got rescheduled. I reached out to them after a few days and they responded only through a form-email informing me they would not go forward with interview process. Impersonal end to an otherwise good experience.

Interview Question – Questions were relatively straightforward for an interview - they asked "What is your favorite scale and why?"   Answer Question

Field Coordinator I Interview

Field Coordinator I
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GfK in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contact via phone about 2 weeks later. I was then interviewed by a recruiter who spoke with me for 15 minutes (screening). I was scheduled for a second interview (this week) and it was with a field manager and we spoke for 30 minutes. I am waiting for a response and was told that I would have more information next week on the position.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions about research experience.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GfK in June 2011.

Interview Details – It started with phone screens with HR, then phone screens with the hiring manager (I was in Chicago, they in New York). I then had a round of interviews in NY with peers, subordinates, and the hiring manager. This was followed by more phone interviews (team members in other parts of the country), and another round of in-person in the Princeton office (which I offered to do because I was visiting family there on my own dime). In tota, it was a 3-4 month process, and there seemed to be much angst and uncertainty about what they were looking for.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when something went wrong with a project or a client and what you did to fix it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight forward. Had to ask for a relocation package, but what I got was pitiful.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at GfK.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward. Had a teleconference with a SVP that worked on the team but out of another company office. Also had to talk with two higher ups on the team I was interviewing to join.

Interview Question – Ability to multi-task and how would you process an ad hoc client request?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Southfield, MI

I applied online and interviewed at GfK.

Interview Details – Applied online in early December 2012, heard back in mid January with a quick phone screen followed quickly with an invite to come in and interview. Had 3 one hour interviews with 3 separate people. Was told they would make a decision in 2-3 days. Didn't hear anything, so I called the HR rep who set up the interview a week later and left a message. Never heard back. After 3 weeks I left a message with the person who I would have worked for, only to get a call from the HR rep an hour later saying they had gone with another candidate.

Interview Question – Lots of behavior interview questions.   Answer Question

Research Director Interview

Research Director
New York, NY

The process took 12 months - interviewed at GfK in January 2008.

Interview Details – Half hour phone interview with recruiter, one hour phone interview with HR, 7 hour on site interview with 5 people (sometimes 1:1, sometimes 2:1), including a 2 hour skills test.

Interview Question – They had a 2 hour "briefcase" that I had to fill out, basically what they would consider my average "take-home" work for an evening, which consisted of answering a bunch of different types of questions, some easy, some taking 3-5 pages of explanation, like data analysis. a proposal outline, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They low-balled me throughout the process ... the recruiter said the job was a Director's position, but when I went in for the full day interview, they told me it was a Manager position, and at a lower salary. I questioned them on it immediately and they said they'd get back to me. After a lot of back and forth (due to their reorganizations and some timing glitches on my part), we were able to re-negotiate to a Director position.
But the entire process, from the initial recruiter phone call to the day I gave my notice at my former employer,
took exactly one year!

Interviews for Top Jobs at GfK

Worked for GfK? Contribute to the Community!