GfK

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GfK in December 2009.

Interview Details – Quite professional.
Case study to solve and present
Emphasis is not only on analysis but also on assumptions and scenario analysis

Interview Question – on case study presentation , i was asked for various scenarios   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Low salary. Negotiation possible but not much room.
At the end of day you will have to decide can you survive in that salary

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GfK.

Interview Details – Hired as part of an acquisition, so cannot speak to GfK process. I can say that some teams are more selective than others, interviewing for months and months before making a single hire.

Interview Question – Not sure if they still use these for entry-level, but they'll ask abstract ideas to get a feel for how you think. For example) What is the US population? Some basics on statistics are also likely to be asked.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Southfield, MI

I applied online and interviewed at GfK.

Interview Details – Applied online in early December 2012, heard back in mid January with a quick phone screen followed quickly with an invite to come in and interview. Had 3 one hour interviews with 3 separate people. Was told they would make a decision in 2-3 days. Didn't hear anything, so I called the HR rep who set up the interview a week later and left a message. Never heard back. After 3 weeks I left a message with the person who I would have worked for, only to get a call from the HR rep an hour later saying they had gone with another candidate.

Interview Question – Lots of behavior interview questions.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at GfK.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward. Had a teleconference with a SVP that worked on the team but out of another company office. Also had to talk with two higher ups on the team I was interviewing to join.

Interview Question – Ability to multi-task and how would you process an ad hoc client request?   Answer Question

Junior Market Consultant Interview

Junior Market Consultant
Moscow (Russia)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GfK in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with HR on motivation and ur background (professional and academic), interview with direct manager and head of the division again on your strive and motivation, finally make a presentation based on a table / chart they provide you with and perform your finding + will ask you to sell sth (your phone, a pen, a table, a pc in front of you).

Interview Question – make a performance and try to sell something as a pen   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations, they strictly obey the salary range

Research Manager Interview

Research Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GfK in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview with someone in HR from the New York office. After that screening, I was brought into the local GfK office for 4 in-person interviews with the various members of the team that I would be joining. I met with one person who would be junior to me, one person at my level, the person to whom I'd report directly and the head of the entire team. Everyone was very pleasant and I enjoyed meeting with them. Post-interview, I checked in with my contact in HR and was told that the conversations went well and that they would advise me of any "next steps".

HOWEVER...that was more than 2 months ago and I have heard nothing but radio silence from the company ever since. I was warned by a former colleague that GfK often interviews people then strings them along for months before rejecting them. I followed up with an email to my HR contact ~2 weeks after my 1:1 interviews but received no response. I have to say I am extremely disappointed with the way I've been treated by this organization, and would certainly warn anyone thinking of working there that they might be embarking on a fool's errand if they apply for a job with GfK. I've had two more interviews at other companies since this one and both firms (smaller than GfK) had the decency to let me know of my status within two weeks!

All said, this was a very unprofessional way to treat someone who entered the interview process in good faith. It takes 2 minutes to type a quick email or make a phone call to let a candidate know their status. I expected more from GfK.

Interview Question – When you were confronted with a setback in a work situation, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GfK in May 2014.

Interview Details – 1 st - using GfK data to generate a report with insights. 2 tasks, 1 is observing data and give insights; 2 is modelling and prediction.
2 nd - 1 to 1 interview. Includes competency questions and scenarios questions (standard ones). the follow up with previous analysis. challenge you on anything missing, ask you how to explain and relevant confidence (eg. 50% sure, 80% sure...)

Interview Question – how confidence is your prediction/assumption/speculation?   Answer Question

Research Director Interview

Research Director
New York, NY

The process took 12 months - interviewed at GfK in January 2008.

Interview Details – Half hour phone interview with recruiter, one hour phone interview with HR, 7 hour on site interview with 5 people (sometimes 1:1, sometimes 2:1), including a 2 hour skills test.

Interview Question – They had a 2 hour "briefcase" that I had to fill out, basically what they would consider my average "take-home" work for an evening, which consisted of answering a bunch of different types of questions, some easy, some taking 3-5 pages of explanation, like data analysis. a proposal outline, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They low-balled me throughout the process ... the recruiter said the job was a Director's position, but when I went in for the full day interview, they told me it was a Manager position, and at a lower salary. I questioned them on it immediately and they said they'd get back to me. After a lot of back and forth (due to their reorganizations and some timing glitches on my part), we were able to re-negotiate to a Director position.
But the entire process, from the initial recruiter phone call to the day I gave my notice at my former employer,
took exactly one year!

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GfK in September 2007.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with Recruiter and the HR Manager ; invited for an interview with the hiring Manager and the HR Manager .
I was then required to give a presentation and then a negotiation phone call with the recruiter ...

Now a days, it is mandatory to do a skill assessment test

Associate Interview

Associate
Mumbai (India)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GfK in July 2008.

Interview Details – 1. Received a call from the company saying that my resume have been shortlisted and I will have to come down for an aptitude test
2. The test had 4 parts:
    - Maths
    - English
    - Logical reasoning
    - Writing an analysis for a case study

3. After some days I was informed that I have been been shortlisted for personal interview
4. Personal interview was mostly general with some scenario based questions on Market Research
5. After a couple of days they informed me that I have been selected and sent an e-mail with the details of the position and the salary that will be offered

The whole process from receiving the call till the confirmation mail took about 2 weeks

Interview Question – There is a swot analysis of a toothpaste and it's seen that the taste of the toothpaste is coming out in the opportunity quadrant, that is, people like it but don't think it is important.
How can we convert people's liking of it's taste from opportunity into a strength for the toothpaste? How can we make people realise that the taste is important for a toothpaste?
  View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at GfK

Worked for GfK? Contribute to the Community!