GfK

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.9

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GfK in December 2009.

Quite professional.
    Case study to solve and present
    Emphasis is not only on analysis but also on assumptions and scenario analysis

Interview Questions
    • on case study presentation , i was asked for various scenarios   Answer Question
    Low salary. Negotiation possible but not much room.
    At the end of day you will have to decide can you survive in that salary

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GfK.

Hired as part of an acquisition, so cannot speak to GfK process. I can say that some teams are more selective than others, interviewing for months and months before making a single hire.

Interview Questions
    • Not sure if they still use these for entry-level, but they'll ask abstract ideas to get a feel for how you think. For example) What is the US population? Some basics on statistics are also likely to be asked.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GfK in November 2014.

I was recruited for the role via a recruitment agency and after GfK had reviewed my CV they invited me to an interview which involved a numerical test followed by a verbal reasoning test, if my scores on these tests were satisfactory then I would have been invited to meet with the account director for an interview. If I passed that interview I would have then had to prepare and give a presentation for the final part of the interview process. I prepared well for the interview however I was overwhelmed by the pre-interview tests, 35 numerical questions to be completed in 35 minutes where there were 10 options for each questions, I was advised to adhere to the rule of quality not quantity. This however did not work for me as I missed out on the pass mark by 2 marks on both tests. The verbal reasoning test involved 48 questions to be completed in 25 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • All numerical test questions you needed to refer to the charts and tables provided, make sure you understand what the questions are asking you and that you are good with working out percentages and ratios. With the verbal reasoning test, make sure you understand the passage provided and ensure that the statements below are either true, false or you cannot say due to the lack of evidence provided.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GfK.

Screening interview first, then data analysis test, then anotherfour phone interviews and one in-person interview. It took them forever to make up their mind, in total about 4 months of interviews and going back and forth.

No negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GfK in February 2015.

Phone Interview & then Personal Interview with 3 people. It was a straight forward interview based on case presentation on previously provided sample data, normal behavioral questions and past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Why GFk? Why you find yourself suitable for this position?   Answer Question

Research Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at GfK in January 2008.

Half hour phone interview with recruiter, one hour phone interview with HR, 7 hour on site interview with 5 people (sometimes 1:1, sometimes 2:1), including a 2 hour skills test.

Interview Questions
    • They had a 2 hour "briefcase" that I had to fill out, basically what they would consider my average "take-home" work for an evening, which consisted of answering a bunch of different types of questions, some easy, some taking 3-5 pages of explanation, like data analysis. a proposal outline, etc.   Answer Question
    They low-balled me throughout the process ... the recruiter said the job was a Director's position, but when I went in for the full day interview, they told me it was a Manager position, and at a lower salary. I questioned them on it immediately and they said they'd get back to me. After a lot of back and forth (due to their reorganizations and some timing glitches on my part), we were able to re-negotiate to a Director position.
    But the entire process, from the initial recruiter phone call to the day I gave my notice at my former employer,
    took exactly one year!

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GfK in May 2014.

1 st - using GfK data to generate a report with insights. 2 tasks, 1 is observing data and give insights; 2 is modelling and prediction.
    2 nd - 1 to 1 interview. Includes competency questions and scenarios questions (standard ones). the follow up with previous analysis. challenge you on anything missing, ask you how to explain and relevant confidence (eg. 50% sure, 80% sure...)

Interview Questions
    • how confidence is your prediction/assumption/speculation?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I applied online – interviewed at GfK.

Applied online in early December 2012, heard back in mid January with a quick phone screen followed quickly with an invite to come in and interview. Had 3 one hour interviews with 3 separate people. Was told they would make a decision in 2-3 days. Didn't hear anything, so I called the HR rep who set up the interview a week later and left a message. Never heard back. After 3 weeks I left a message with the person who I would have worked for, only to get a call from the HR rep an hour later saying they had gone with another candidate.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GfK.

Pretty straight forward. Had a teleconference with a SVP that worked on the team but out of another company office. Also had to talk with two higher ups on the team I was interviewing to join.

Interview Questions
    • Ability to multi-task and how would you process an ad hoc client request?   Answer Question

Junior Market Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GfK in December 2011.

Interview with HR on motivation and ur background (professional and academic), interview with direct manager and head of the division again on your strive and motivation, finally make a presentation based on a table / chart they provide you with and perform your finding + will ask you to sell sth (your phone, a pen, a table, a pc in front of you).

Interview Questions
    no negotiations, they strictly obey the salary range