GfK Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GfK in December 2009.

Interview

Quite professional. Case study to solve and present Emphasis is not only on analysis but also on assumptions and scenario analysis

Interview Questions

• on case study presentation , i was asked for various scenarios   Answer Question

Negotiation

Low salary. Negotiation possible but not much room. At the end of day you will have to decide can you survive in that salary

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GfK (New York, NY).

Interview

Hired as part of an acquisition, so cannot speak to GfK process. I can say that some teams are more selective than others, interviewing for months and months before making a single hire.

Interview Questions

• Not sure if they still use these for entry-level, but they'll ask abstract ideas to get a feel for how you think. For example) What is the US population? Some basics on statistics are also likely to be asked.   Answer Question

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GfK (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1 round interview. behavioral plus some case interview. Involved 2 hiring managers who directly work under. Very refreshing questions asked, similar to those in consulting but emphasize more on data analysis and statistics. Good to know statistics in real applications and be able to articulate and make decisions.

Interview Questions

• what kind of data source I need to determine the difference in sales of a specific product in a country that I stayed before compared to the country I stay now   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was recruited for the role via a recruitment agency and after GfK had reviewed my CV they invited me to an interview which involved a numerical test followed by a verbal reasoning test, if my scores on these tests were satisfactory then I would have been invited to meet with the account director for an interview. If I passed that interview I would have then had to prepare and give a presentation for the final part of the interview process. I prepared well for the interview however I was overwhelmed by the pre-interview tests, 35 numerical questions to be completed in 35 minutes where there were 10 options for each questions, I was advised to adhere to the rule of quality not quantity. This however did not work for me as I missed out on the pass mark by 2 marks on both tests. The verbal reasoning test involved 48 questions to be completed in 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• All numerical test questions you needed to refer to the charts and tables provided, make sure you understand what the questions are asking you and that you are good with working out percentages and ratios. With the verbal reasoning test, make sure you understand the passage provided and ensure that the statements below are either true, false or you cannot say due to the lack of evidence provided.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GfK (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process took over two months . First a phone screen, followed by an in person interview, followed by reference checks . Each step took about to weeks to complete, the process was very staggered.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GfK (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Very conversational and focused on getting to know candidate. Come prepared to talk about yourself and experiences in free-flowing discussion. Ended up speaking to many team members, so prepare to speak to many people. Was mostly an opportunity for them to get to know you and ensure you are someone theyd want to work with

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself   1 Answer

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GfK.

Interview

Took forever for them to make arrangements. Sr person made promises that were completely untrue. Interview with line management was excellent and focused on the fit given we both knew the job was well within my skill set.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the job?   1 Answer

Research Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GfK in September 2012.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with someone in HR from the New York office. After that screening, I was brought into the local GfK office for 4 in-person interviews with the various members of the team that I would be joining. I met with one person who would be junior to me, one person at my level, the person to whom I'd report directly and the head of the entire team. Everyone was very pleasant and I enjoyed meeting with them. Post-interview, I checked in with my contact in HR and was told that the conversations went well and that they would advise me of any "next steps". HOWEVER...that was more than 2 months ago and I have heard nothing but radio silence from the company ever since. I was warned by a former colleague that GfK often interviews people then strings them along for months before rejecting them. I followed up with an email to my HR contact ~2 weeks after my 1:1 interviews but received no response. I have to say I am extremely disappointed with the way I've been treated by this organization, and would certainly warn anyone thinking of working there that they might be embarking on a fool's errand if they apply for a job with GfK. I've had two more interviews at other companies since this one and both firms (smaller than GfK) had the decency to let me know of my status within two weeks! All said, this was a very unprofessional way to treat someone who entered the interview process in good faith. It takes 2 minutes to type a quick email or make a phone call to let a candidate know their status. I expected more from GfK.

Interview Questions

• When you were confronted with a setback in a work situation, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GfK (Cairo (Egypt)) in June 2013.

Interview

HR initial interview, then a technical interview with the department manager and finally an interview with the managing director

Interview Questions

Negotiation

send an offer by email, and sending back the acceptance by email and finally signing a contract

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GfK (Southfield, MI).

Interview

Applied online in early December 2012, heard back in mid January with a quick phone screen followed quickly with an invite to come in and interview. Had 3 one hour interviews with 3 separate people. Was told they would make a decision in 2-3 days. Didn't hear anything, so I called the HR rep who set up the interview a week later and left a message. Never heard back. After 3 weeks I left a message with the person who I would have worked for, only to get a call from the HR rep an hour later saying they had gone with another candidate.