GfK

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GfK.

Interview Details – Three rounds of interviews, first was very general, second and third much more specific. About two weeks in between each interview. Offered position a few days after final interview, and accepted.

Interview Question – How has past experiences prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GfK in May 2014.

Interview Details – 1 st - using GfK data to generate a report with insights. 2 tasks, 1 is observing data and give insights; 2 is modelling and prediction.
2 nd - 1 to 1 interview. Includes competency questions and scenarios questions (standard ones). the follow up with previous analysis. challenge you on anything missing, ask you how to explain and relevant confidence (eg. 50% sure, 80% sure...)

Interview Question – how confidence is your prediction/assumption/speculation?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GfK.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty smooth. They call me on Monday for Wednesday interview. The first interview was pretty full there were writing test for English, math, logic, EQ, etc, and then HR interview and user interview in the same day. Then second interview was the next week to present a marketing analysis in PPT. the next week I already got the contract deal..

Interview Question – The presentation would be the most challenging one because all the head division and the MD will join the presentation session. so be prepare with an excellent question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since this company is global company so the contract already standardize with un-negotiable salary...little bit lame..

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GfK.

Interview Details – Hired as part of an acquisition, so cannot speak to GfK process. I can say that some teams are more selective than others, interviewing for months and months before making a single hire.

Interview Question – Not sure if they still use these for entry-level, but they'll ask abstract ideas to get a feel for how you think. For example) What is the US population? Some basics on statistics are also likely to be asked.   Answer Question

Market Research Director Interview

Market Research Director

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GfK.

Interview Details – Had three interviews which were pretty standard with no real difficult questions. Some of the people that I gave as references said that the questions they were asked were really basic and didn't relate to the job in question. Also had to go back and forth a few times on the offer letter due to errors and wanting clarification in writing.

Interview Question – None was asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straightforward except the process of the offer letter was a bit aggrevating,

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Human Resources Assistant
Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GfK in June 2013.

Interview Details – HR initial interview, then a technical interview with the department manager and finally an interview with the managing director

Interview Question – nothing, all expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – send an offer by email, and sending back the acceptance by email and finally signing a contract

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

Interviewed at GfK

Interview Details – very informal

Interview Question – basic interview   Answer Question

Senior Research Manager Interview

Senior Research Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GfK in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process was fairly straight forward. A recruiter scheduled two phone interviews with higher ups who's team I would be on. Then I had two in person interviews at the local office with the person I would report to, and their boss. Everyone was very positive and told me they would be in touch in a couple of days. Unfortunately, I never heard back after the in person interviews. I reached out to the recruiter to ask if a decision had been made and heard nothing. Very disappointing as I spent nearly 2 months going through the whole process. It would have been nice to hear formally one way or the other.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions asked. They did ask how I would feel working for someone who I felt knew less than I do.   Answer Question

RSS Executive Interview

RSS Executive
Sofia (Bulgaria)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GfK in May 2012.

Interview Details – There are typically three rounds of selection: 1.) CV; 2.) Test/exam; 3.) Interview - evaluation of the interpersonal skills.

Interview Question – The interviewing team is really down to earth and are truly interested in the candidates. There were no unexpected or intentionally difficult questions in my interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked on the interview what salary would I like to get and later when they approved me, they called me on the phone and offered me the amount I had pointed out.

Senior Associate Market Researcher Interview

Senior Associate Market Researcher
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GfK in July 2013.

Interview Details – Series of phone interviews, followed by Video interviews at HQ in Chicago for a position in WA. They cancelled the final interview under the guise of a rescheduling, but it never got rescheduled. I reached out to them after a few days and they responded only through a form-email informing me they would not go forward with interview process. Impersonal end to an otherwise good experience.

Interview Question – Questions were relatively straightforward for an interview - they asked "What is your favorite scale and why?"   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GfK

Worked for GfK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GfK interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by GfK employees and interview candidates.