Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at GfK
- Analyst (5)
- Research Associate (4)
- Research Manager (3)
- Senior Analyst (2)
- Research Analyst (2)
- Market Research (2)
- Account Executive (2)
- Account Manager (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Senior Research Associate (1)
- Senior Research Manager (1)
- Telephone Interviewer (1)
- Senior Account Executive (1)
- Accountant (1)
- Research Director (1)
- Market Research Analyst (1)
- Market Research Director (1)
- Market Research Manager (1)
- Market Researcher (1)
- Intern (1)
- Senior Vice President (1)
- Market Analyst (1)
- Researcher (1)
- Human Resources Assistant (1)
- Director (1)
- Associate (1)
- Client Service (1)
- Vice President (1)
- Marketing Consultant (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at GfK (Moscow (Russia)).
I met with HR, it was quite a relaxed interview. Right from the start they gave me 4 questions based on a set of tables with lots of irrelevant information and I needed to calculate sales, etc information. They also gave me a market sizing case, it was ok. The second half of the interview we discussed mostly my skills, knowledge of the industry. Also they asked a few behavioral and fit questions which was easy to answer.
- How many product X was sold in the country in 2008/. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GfK (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.
I apply via email and process took a week. Went for the interview and meet the Regional Head of Accounting and Finance. Have great chat with her on the job scope and team that I will be working with. Still waiting for interview result as I was told that finance team was busy with their closing
- What do you see urself in 5 years time Answer Question
- No OfferNegative Experience
1st round: Computer based take home interview, undergoing several data handling exercises on excel sheets 2nd and 3rd round: Face to face interviews at office, covering all kinds of questions including work experience, personality and the position
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GfK (Singapore (Singapore)).
1 round interview. behavioral plus some case interview. Involved 2 hiring managers who directly work under. Very refreshing questions asked, similar to those in consulting but emphasize more on data analysis and statistics. Good to know statistics in real applications and be able to articulate and make decisions.
- what kind of data source I need to determine the difference in sales of a specific product in a country that I stayed before compared to the country I stay now Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.
I was recruited for the role via a recruitment agency and after GfK had reviewed my CV they invited me to an interview which involved a numerical test followed by a verbal reasoning test, if my scores on these tests were satisfactory then I would have been invited to meet with the account director for an interview. If I passed that interview I would have then had to prepare and give a presentation for the final part of the interview process. I prepared well for the interview however I was overwhelmed by the pre-interview tests, 35 numerical questions to be completed in 35 minutes where there were 10 options for each questions, I was advised to adhere to the rule of quality not quantity. This however did not work for me as I missed out on the pass mark by 2 marks on both tests. The verbal reasoning test involved 48 questions to be completed in 25 minutes.
- All numerical test questions you needed to refer to the charts and tables provided, make sure you understand what the questions are asking you and that you are good with working out percentages and ratios. With the verbal reasoning test, make sure you understand the passage provided and ensure that the statements below are either true, false or you cannot say due to the lack of evidence provided. Answer Question
- Declined OfferEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GfK (Moscow (Russia)).
I received a call from HR and got appointed an interview in 1 week . So, one telephone interview and live-interview, it was ok, not challenging experience. Took 1-2 hours? location very inconvenient.
- a lot of behavioural questions, market-size questions and tests on analysis of statistics(very easy) Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.
Telephone interview, next was an hour interview, followed by 15 min presentation to team, next was 30 minute interview with MD. Pleasant, easy going and relatively informal. A positive experience all told.
- Asked questions specific to the role mostly, technical aspects, strengths weaknesses etc Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GfK (Milan (Italy)).
Two rounds of interviews, first was very general, Backround and experience, second; much more specific (Knowledge of Excel, Data analysis, Power point and Data analysis skills). Offered position a day after final interview, and accepted.
- Tell me about your most difficult work experience. Answer Question
No negociation, take it or leave it
- Accepted Offer
Assessment day with role multiple interviews with different levels of staff. Also a presentation with another candidate. Interviews consisted on competency questions, background and motivations for role as well as technical questions.
- General competency questions are asked so make you have an answer for these types of questions. Answer Question
Offer by phone the next day not much negotiation.
Helpful (1)Accepted Offer
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GfK.
The interview process was pretty smooth. They call me on Monday for Wednesday interview. The first interview was pretty full there were writing test for English, math, logic, EQ, etc, and then HR interview and user interview in the same day. Then second interview was the next week to present a marketing analysis in PPT. the next week I already got the contract deal..
- The presentation would be the most challenging one because all the head division and the MD will join the presentation session. so be prepare with an excellent question Answer Question
Since this company is global company so the contract already standardize with un-negotiable salary...little bit lame..
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review