GfK

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.9

Client Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GfK.

online, tests, interviews

ok

Research Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GfK in September 2012.

I had an initial phone interview with someone in HR from the New York office. After that screening, I was brought into the local GfK office for 4 in-person interviews with the various members of the team that I would be joining. I met with one person who would be junior to me, one person at my level, the person to whom I'd report directly and the head of the entire team. Everyone was very pleasant and I enjoyed meeting with them. Post-interview, I checked in with my contact in HR and was told that the conversations went well and that they would advise me of any "next steps".

HOWEVER...that was more than 2 months ago and I have heard nothing but radio silence from the company ever since. I was warned by a former colleague that GfK often interviews people then strings them along for months before rejecting them. I followed up with an email to my HR contact ~2 weeks after my 1:1 interviews but received no response. I have to say I am extremely disappointed with the way I've been treated by this organization, and would certainly warn anyone thinking of working there that they might be embarking on a fool's errand if they apply for a job with GfK. I've had two more interviews at other companies since this one and both firms (smaller than GfK) had the decency to let me know of my status within two weeks!

All said, this was a very unprofessional way to treat someone who entered the interview process in good faith. It takes 2 minutes to type a quick email or make a phone call to let a candidate know their status. I expected more from GfK.

Interview Questions
    • When you were confronted with a setback in a work situation, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

RSS Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GfK in May 2012.

There are typically three rounds of selection: 1.) CV; 2.) Test/exam; 3.) Interview - evaluation of the interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewing team is really down to earth and are truly interested in the candidates. There were no unexpected or intentionally difficult questions in my interview.   Answer Question
    I was asked on the interview what salary would I like to get and later when they approved me, they called me on the phone and offered me the amount I had pointed out.

Qualitative Research Assistant Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GfK in February 2012.

When I got called by the HR Assistant, the day after I have been taken the face to face interview in their central office ?i?li. I got an English test which measures my english grammar knowledge and then we made a Turkish and English 1:1 interview .

Interview Questions
    • what is your future career plan, describe it?   Answer Question
    • What is the best thing that you have ever had in your life? Explain it.   Answer Question
    The first 3 month will going to be like an internship and they will pay me really minimum salary. I do not understant why only they offer an internship for the qualitative research executive while they were not for the quantitative research executive or market research executive positions. A little bit unfair. I am %50 thinking to work with them, I am to be make the second interview tomorrow.

Research Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GfK in January 2012.

The interview process was similar to other companies. There was two phone interviews and a 1:1. The interviewers seemed intelligent and engaged in the process.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, but they were not upset that I tried.

Junior Market Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GfK in December 2011.

Interview with HR on motivation and ur background (professional and academic), interview with direct manager and head of the division again on your strive and motivation, finally make a presentation based on a table / chart they provide you with and perform your finding + will ask you to sell sth (your phone, a pen, a table, a pc in front of you).

Interview Questions
    no negotiations, they strictly obey the salary range

Research Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GfK in December 2011.

A series of interviews with the staff all working from a set of prepared questions. Everyone seemed very friendly and appeared like they wanted me to get the job. They had people in multiple locations so some of the interviews were in person, some were over the phone and one was done by video conference.

Interview Questions
    • How could my last role/project have turned out better?   View Answer

Call-centre Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GfK in July 2011.

Got invintation by phone. Interview - general questions: aim, last/current job, expected salary etc. Friendly and calm atmosphere. The young lady (HR) didn't ask any difficult or unexpected questions. The result was immediate, job statred next day.

Market Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

The process took a dayinterviewed at GfK in June 2011.

First round interview with HR, then second round with senior manager. Interview Lasted for 2 hours and I got the offer....

Interview Questions
    Pay is not good. you have no need to negotiate. you just need to decide whether accept it or refuse it.

Analyste Junior Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

The process took a dayinterviewed at GfK in January 2011.

Personnellement, j'ai eu un coup de fil me disant que j'avais obtenu un entretien en personne. L'entretien était assez classique. Les questions habituelles sur la société, ses valeurs, sa culture. En plus de ça des questions sur ma carrière et ce qui m'intéressait dans le poste. Au final, c'était un entretien assez facile qui ne demandait pas beaucoup de préparation.

i personally got a a phone call saying that i am accepted to a face to face interview. the interview was very classical one. Traditional questions about the company, its values, its culture. in addition, i had questions about my career and a what interested me in this position. all in all, it was an easy interview that do not require a taught preparation.

Interview Questions
    Je n'ai pas eu l'occasion de négocier mon salaire.