GfK

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.9

Market Research Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GfK in December 2010.

Received a phone call from the hiring manager many months after I initially applied. Went through the interview process:
    -Filled out application when I got to the office.
    -I interviewed with four different people separately. One of the interviewers was dressed VERY unprofessionally (wearing what looked like pajama pants and an ill-fitting t-shirt (I could see her belly poking out). Right there, that got the red flag going up -- do I REALLY want to work for a company that allows their employees to come to work dressed like slobs?
    -The interviews took about 3 hours. Lots of basic research questions/behavioral questions.
    -Received offer a MONTH later. Declined it.

They offered me a LOWER salary than my current job. Company also seemed extremely disorganized. Nice office though (Minneapolis)

Ass Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

The process took a weekinterviewed at GfK in December 2010.

2 f2f interview. I one of them is with HR and the second one is with HR and Reseach Manager.

Research Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GfK in October 2010.

I went through a recruiter who offered some good advice but essentially used the classic "you're not really right for the position" argument. The interviewers were tough but fair, offered challenging questions, and seemed generally kind. I wouldn't say it was difficult or easy as it was experiential-based.

Market Research Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at GfK in July 2010.

Before the interview they asked me to complete an English language test. After that i had the 1:1 interview. I t was pretty structured starting with going over the resume and some other competency questions. He also wanted to make sure that i am really interested in this sector and this is not a random choice.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GfK in December 2009.

Quite professional.
    Case study to solve and present
    Emphasis is not only on analysis but also on assumptions and scenario analysis

Interview Questions
    • on case study presentation , i was asked for various scenarios   Answer Question
    Low salary. Negotiation possible but not much room.
    At the end of day you will have to decide can you survive in that salary

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Byfleet, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Byfleet, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GfK in February 2009.

Had phone interview with HR first, then numeric reasoning test & 2:1 interview. Very friendly interviewers (Acc. Director & Business Group Director). Got the job offered 20min after I left the building, while on the train back home.

Interview Questions
    • Give examples of when you had to work with numbers in your previous roles.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GfK in July 2008.

1. Received a call from the company saying that my resume have been shortlisted and I will have to come down for an aptitude test
    2. The test had 4 parts:
        - Maths
        - English
        - Logical reasoning
        - Writing an analysis for a case study

3. After some days I was informed that I have been been shortlisted for personal interview
    4. Personal interview was mostly general with some scenario based questions on Market Research
    5. After a couple of days they informed me that I have been selected and sent an e-mail with the details of the position and the salary that will be offered

The whole process from receiving the call till the confirmation mail took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • There is a swot analysis of a toothpaste and it's seen that the taste of the toothpaste is coming out in the opportunity quadrant, that is, people like it but don't think it is important.
      How can we convert people's liking of it's taste from opportunity into a strength for the toothpaste? How can we make people realise that the taste is important for a toothpaste?

View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at GfK in September 2007.

Telephone interview with Recruiter and the HR Manager ; invited for an interview with the hiring Manager and the HR Manager .
    I was then required to give a presentation and then a negotiation phone call with the recruiter ...

Now a days, it is mandatory to do a skill assessment test