GfK

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Director Interview

Research Director
New York, NY

The process took 12 months - interviewed at GfK in January 2008.

Interview Details – Half hour phone interview with recruiter, one hour phone interview with HR, 7 hour on site interview with 5 people (sometimes 1:1, sometimes 2:1), including a 2 hour skills test.

Interview Question – They had a 2 hour "briefcase" that I had to fill out, basically what they would consider my average "take-home" work for an evening, which consisted of answering a bunch of different types of questions, some easy, some taking 3-5 pages of explanation, like data analysis. a proposal outline, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They low-balled me throughout the process ... the recruiter said the job was a Director's position, but when I went in for the full day interview, they told me it was a Manager position, and at a lower salary. I questioned them on it immediately and they said they'd get back to me. After a lot of back and forth (due to their reorganizations and some timing glitches on my part), we were able to re-negotiate to a Director position.
But the entire process, from the initial recruiter phone call to the day I gave my notice at my former employer,
took exactly one year!

Interviews for Top Jobs at GfK

Worked for GfK? Contribute to the Community!