GfK

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GfK in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview with someone in HR from the New York office. After that screening, I was brought into the local GfK office for 4 in-person interviews with the various members of the team that I would be joining. I met with one person who would be junior to me, one person at my level, the person to whom I'd report directly and the head of the entire team. Everyone was very pleasant and I enjoyed meeting with them. Post-interview, I checked in with my contact in HR and was told that the conversations went well and that they would advise me of any "next steps".

HOWEVER...that was more than 2 months ago and I have heard nothing but radio silence from the company ever since. I was warned by a former colleague that GfK often interviews people then strings them along for months before rejecting them. I followed up with an email to my HR contact ~2 weeks after my 1:1 interviews but received no response. I have to say I am extremely disappointed with the way I've been treated by this organization, and would certainly warn anyone thinking of working there that they might be embarking on a fool's errand if they apply for a job with GfK. I've had two more interviews at other companies since this one and both firms (smaller than GfK) had the decency to let me know of my status within two weeks!

All said, this was a very unprofessional way to treat someone who entered the interview process in good faith. It takes 2 minutes to type a quick email or make a phone call to let a candidate know their status. I expected more from GfK.

Interview Question – When you were confronted with a setback in a work situation, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Research Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GfK in October 2010.

Interview Details – I went through a recruiter who offered some good advice but essentially used the classic "you're not really right for the position" argument. The interviewers were tough but fair, offered challenging questions, and seemed generally kind. I wouldn't say it was difficult or easy as it was experiential-based.

Research Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GfK in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was similar to other companies. There was two phone interviews and a 1:1. The interviewers seemed intelligent and engaged in the process.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, but they were not upset that I tried.

Interviews for Top Jobs at GfK

Worked for GfK? Contribute to the Community!