GfK Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.9

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was recruited for the role via a recruitment agency and after GfK had reviewed my CV they invited me to an interview which involved a numerical test followed by a verbal reasoning test, if my scores on these tests were satisfactory then I would have been invited to meet with the account director for an interview. If I passed that interview I would have then had to prepare and give a presentation for the final part of the interview process. I prepared well for the interview however I was overwhelmed by the pre-interview tests, 35 numerical questions to be completed in 35 minutes where there were 10 options for each questions, I was advised to adhere to the rule of quality not quantity. This however did not work for me as I missed out on the pass mark by 2 marks on both tests. The verbal reasoning test involved 48 questions to be completed in 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• All numerical test questions you needed to refer to the charts and tables provided, make sure you understand what the questions are asking you and that you are good with working out percentages and ratios. With the verbal reasoning test, make sure you understand the passage provided and ensure that the statements below are either true, false or you cannot say due to the lack of evidence provided.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview, next was an hour interview, followed by 15 min presentation to team, next was 30 minute interview with MD. Pleasant, easy going and relatively informal. A positive experience all told.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions specific to the role mostly, technical aspects, strengths weaknesses etc   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Assessment day with role multiple interviews with different levels of staff. Also a presentation with another candidate. Interviews consisted on competency questions, background and motivations for role as well as technical questions.

Interview Questions

• General competency questions are asked so make you have an answer for these types of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer by phone the next day not much negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

very informal

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Simple just turn up and following instructions of how to conduct unbias interviews using phone and computer. We where told about the Market Rsearch Code of conduct and the history of the company.

Interview Questions

• What is Market Research? What is Cold Calling? How should you deal with difficult respondents on the phone? Explain the Data Protection Act.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Byfleet, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GfK (West Byfleet, England (UK)) in February 2009.

Interview

Had phone interview with HR first, then numeric reasoning test & 2:1 interview. Very friendly interviewers (Acc. Director & Business Group Director). Got the job offered 20min after I left the building, while on the train back home.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of when you had to work with numbers in your previous roles.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at GfK in September 2007.

Interview

Telephone interview with Recruiter and the HR Manager ; invited for an interview with the hiring Manager and the HR Manager . I was then required to give a presentation and then a negotiation phone call with the recruiter ... Now a days, it is mandatory to do a skill assessment test