Ghent University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ghent University

Doctoral Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ghent University.

Interview

Not so difficult. If you have good recommendations and good score at your master level, it is very simple to get a job.

Negotiation

No negotiations for this job position.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ghent University in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got response with in a week for interview call, Interview took place through skype and it was of two rounds and each round was more than 2 hr long, Interview to offer time around 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Previous PhD research work and how can you contribute to their research group   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rimini (Italy)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ghent University (Rimini (Italy)) in July 2013.

Interview

By skype, they asked for my title and some documents ! they asked where i got my degree and what I wanna do with my life ! there was not a lot of questions as soon as I say i was interested !

Interview Questions

• When you want to start, your ambitions, your knowledge ! they wanted toknow my intentions in learning dutch also   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghent (Belgium)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ghent University (Ghent (Belgium)) in June 2011.

Interview

Application via application letter + resume. Top 4 out of 8 was selected for an interview. Interviewing commission consisted of 5 professors, one postdoc from the research group and one member of the technical personnel of that group. They announced it would take only 15-30min, but it ended up taking 1h15min. After interviewing all 4 candidates, a prioritized list is agreed upon. The professor contacts all candidates after approval by the department board.

Interview Questions

• Which practicals did you like and what did you like about them?   1 Answer
    • Be specific, how would you improve a certain practical?   1 Answer
    • Sudden change in language (Dutch --> English): why did you use this technique in your thesis work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghent (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ghent University (Ghent (Belgium)) in May 2010.

Interview

After publishing the PhD vacancies on website, CVs were called from the candidates all over the world. After a short listing of CVs, telephonic interviews were conducted. The interview consisted of questions regarding previous experience in the field and the experience in working in experimental labs.

Interview Questions

• From your CV, we see that you have worked in a German lab before. Kindly describe your work experience there.   1 Answer
    • Why should we select you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghent (Belgium)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ghent University (Ghent (Belgium)) in October 2009.

Interview

Its mainly what I did in my last project. Some question regarding that. Some question regarding my motivation on research, like why I want to enter into the research, why I choose that place to work, etc.

Interview Questions

• How you handle the failure?   1 Answer