Ghirardelli Chocolate

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.5

Engineer Interview

Initial email communication, followed by HR, first round phone interview and in person interview. The in person interview was anywhere between 30 minutes - an hour with each person. This was followed by a plant tour.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions, with quite bit of stress on the behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Chocolatier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate.

Had a friend who worked at Ghiradelli, and I really needed a job a few years ago to get through a semester of college. The woman essentially hired me on the spot. It was a great place for a college student to work for a few months. Everybody was extremely friendly

Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate.

Applied to Ghirardelli online for a supervisor position. I was called back two weeks later and asked if I wanted to set up an interview the next day at 11am. I showed up 5 minutes early and asked the supervisor on duty if my interviewer was there. He said that the he wasn't working that day and that he had to try to clear this up. I made light of the situation and said that I would be waiting in the lobby area. He apologized and said that he would be doing the interview instead. I had to fill out another application even though I completed the full application online. Basic interview questions were asked, availability, what I want to get out of working for the company.

Interview Questions
    • On my availability I said that I could not work Mondays or Tuesdays. I usually never have a issue with this and he asked if it was a "make it or break it" when it came to that. Caught me off guard but I said that it was a break it because that's my availability.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate.

Applied at an agency and I was told by my recruiter that I would be called to talk with the supervisor at ghirardelli. A week or more after my phone interview I was called in for a group interview. I am still waiting on my group interview date.

Interview Questions
    • What lab equipment have you worked with? Are you willing to work the available shift?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate in March 2013.

I was called by a recruiter. Had a phone interview that was very straight forward. I was selected to then meet with a Marketing Manager that I would be supporting, this was a phone interview. The questions weren't very difficult. Questions pertained to working across functions, social media experience and data analysis.

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate in February 2013.

The process started with a Phone Interview with HR after that I went on site and interview with Maintenance Manager as well as a few other Managers. Overall nice people very straight forward I got the sense that it would be a nice place to work. They want a more seasoned Maintenance Mechanic and my experience was a little on the light side for what they need.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate in April 2012.

Well I won't be too harsh but here we go. Finance is no
    Doubt a boring field to work in, I get it but there are extremes. The analyst are like accountants. I did not get a well connected feel. It seemed like you clock in, you clock out. Horrible location. There is nothing around for food or happy hour spots or anything. The are is just simply depressing. I felt like I was entering a prison.

Interview Questions

Horrible location and such a boring staff.

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate in August 2010.

3 INTERVIEWS

GOT ANOTHER JOB

Brand Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate in August 2009.

HR interview over the phone, then brought into office to meet with hiring mgr

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ghirardelli Chocolate in January 2008.

Is really difficult to remember everything but I do recommend that you love what you are applying for. Chocolate, coffee, whatever the company product will be go try it, test it, review so you can talk about it and talk passionate about it.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know where the chocolate is made for? where the beans are coming from?   View Answer
    • why this company?   View Answer
    I am always push for a little more but when you start in a new company you need to give up your self some times. Ones you show what you can offer to the company just push harder they already will know how you work is.