Giant Eagle

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Overnight Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2013.

Simple interview. Called me back into room and asked me basic questions. Why do I want to work there and such.

File Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Giant Eagle in June 2013.

1 interview total. Was done by the owner of my particular store. It was very short and to the point. I was hired on the spot. Questions were mostly regarding my work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Definitely unexpected question "what was your favorite subject in school"   View Answer
    Nothing was ever negotiated.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ravenna, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ravenna, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle in March 2013.

Total waste of time. Group interview with 5 other people, have no time to introduce self or talk about past. They make other people introduce you. They ask you to "inventory" candy, which is totally a joke. And then they ask "what would you do if" questions. I thought I did everything great and my personality came through as much as it COULD. and they emailed me next day saying they had gone with someone else. The interview was with recruiters I would never work with and not even at the store i had applied to. awful judge of character. the store manager of where the interview was spent the entire time texting.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2011.

The interview process was extensive. There was first a 10-15 minutes phone interview, after which you're invited to a group interview that takes about 2 hours. After the group interview you interview with the manager of the position you are applying for. That interview is one on one, and they ask pretty typical team-related questions, as well as ethical questions concerning how you would react if you see a child acting unsafely. They ask attitude questions, for example, how you would you react if a customer was rude. After the one on one interview you have to do a drug test and wait for a background check.

Interview Questions
    • The position is pretty basic so I didn't consider any of the questions very difficult.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle in May 2009.

I was hired under an aqusition of an independent store. Giant Eagle approached me to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about some customer service related questions and how I would respond after the customer left and what I would think about them. Not even how I would treat them but mainly about my perception of them.   View Answer
    NO negotiation happened.. they made me feel like I was lucky to work for them.. Wish I could go back to that day.