Giant Eagle

2.3

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advanced Pharmacy Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis Center, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2014.

The first interview is a phone interview with a recruiter. Then you go onto meeting with someone for a physical interview. Probably one of the best interviews I've had. The manager was great. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. When applying for the Pharmacy position you have to take a short test to see how good your knowledge is on sig codes.

Interview Questions
    • They ask the typical questions. Strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Night Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Received a call with an initial phone screening.

I met with the grocery manager in the office. He was a cool guy. I was offered the position on the spot. A few days later I came back for a drug test and to schedule an orientation. In total it took about a week.

No negotiation

Pharmacy Technician - Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Giant Eagle in April 2013.

Contacted by recruiter, assessment test, in person interview

No negotiation

Fuel Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2012.

Apply online. It's fairly easy to get a job at Giant Eagle. Recruiting is faster than other companies.
    First you have a group interview where you just need to show some basic competence by coming up with answers to random situation questions.
    Second, you meet with your would be manager and discuss experience, availability, ect.

Interview Questions
    • There's nothing extremely difficult, maybe "what would you do if you saw a customer with their child standing in the cart seat or a mother struggling with a moody child?"   Answer Question

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Giant Eagle in January 2011.

First round interview was on campus. About a month later they called me and said I was selected for a second round. The second round consisted of about 45 minutes with one guy from corporate who gave me a bunch of operational scenarios and another 30-45 minute interview with a store leader. The store leader was very personable and laid back. You wont have anything to worry about.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to use quantitative and qualitative methods to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle in August 2010.

Starts with a group interview which involves activities and role playing. Potential team members are asked to use their creativity by using items to represent what type of position they were applying for. Tables of colored paper, pipe cleaners, clay, chalk, etc. were available for creating. Role playing team member to guest/customer in store situations. Call back interview is one on one. Drug testing with swab, on-site results.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with a customer you think may be shoplifting.   View Answer
    The position I was applying for was not available. Another one was offered and I accepted.

Front End Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle in July 2010.

There was a group interview with at least ten other people. Everyone was applying for a different position, but there was a panel of Team Leaders in the front of the room. They didn't speak until about half-way through the process. There was a recruiter facilitating the interview. To test our creativity, we were instructed to use craft supplies to construct something that represents the job we were applying for. When we all finished, we stood up, one at a time, to present our creations and provide an explanation. After this, we were given a sheet of paper given about ten questions and told to pair off. We were instructed to fill out the paper, answering questions like, "What would you do with $1 million?, What is your favorite food?" And so on. The objective of this activity is to see your level of team work and communication skills. Help the people around you if they have questions.

Interview Questions
    • "There is a customer checking out in line, and you asked her if she found everything she was looking for. She replies, "no." What do you do?   Answer Question
    There was a phone call two days after the group interview. The recruiter told me the rate I was offered and asked if I accept. No true negotiations happened.

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle in June 2010.

HR called me to set up a time for an interview. I was interviewed soon after arriving, and it was an enjoyable experience. After this, she set up and interview for a position that she believed would best suit me. My second interview was very similar, but of course took place at the store I would be working at. All together, it was a great, and speedy experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you had just clocked out for lunch, and you saw the line at the bakery was very long. A customer stops you and explains that they only need to pick up their cake. What do you do?   View Answer

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle in May 2010.

The interview was the general questions of Why would you like to work for us? What do you see as your biggest strength, what is your biggest weakness? Please tell me of a time you had to deal with a difficult customer...what was the problem, how did you solve it? After the question/answer part of the interview they took me back to the bakery so they could watch me decorate a cake.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing about the interview questions surprised me. The bakery manager spilling her guts to me about her personal life and even crying a little during the interview process SHOCKED me. It was probably a warning of things to come after being hired.   Answer Question
    I was offered a base rate with awesome benefits package and then raises would come after achieving different levels of training...mostly based on speed of work...the faster you worked the more you made.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis Center, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle in August 2009.

They changed the interview process since I was hired but my application was over the phone and I waited for a call back with my interview time and date. I went through 2 interviews and was hired on after the 2nd one.

Interview Questions
    • Why do I want this job and what can I bring to the table?   Answer Question
    Negotiations were during the 2nd interview