Giant Eagle

2.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2014.

I've had 2 interviews one a while back that was a group and another recently which was one on one anyway I had this one on one interview in Sept. I did it and it went well I was even interviewed by the manager of that whole store and he said I was the perfect candidate so at the end of it he told me I would get a call within this next week but if we don't call then call us back in a week. I went home enjoyed myself since I did great in my opinion anyway the next day I was checking my email and they sent one saying I did not go to my interview so I called right away and ended up get the guy who interview me and he said that he would make sure that was fixed so after that phone call I waited a week later and called back I got some woman who did not inform me at all of who she was and basically she told me to look at my email and check it because apparently that is how they hire people in the company anyway I had a great interview but I had a crappy time getting the job which I did not get at all.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time where you were stuck in a situation you didn't know how to work it out?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Giant Eagle

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle in July 2014.

I applied online and two days later I got called by the hiring recruiter. She set me up for an interview with the front-end manager for the next day. I went and did the interview, which was quick and easy, and they called me two hours later asking me to accept the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were starving before work and there was a long line of customers in front of your cash register? How would that make you feel?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Applied in store with a paper application. Got called for an interview in about a week. Had one simple one on one interview and was hired on the spot. I signed up for Part-time work and ended getting over 40 hours.

There was no negotiation

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Easy process and easy questions. It was my first ever interview and it was very smoothly. She was also very quick at getting back to me with the job offer.

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

1 interview, drug test, offer
    Easier than expected but both the group interviewer, recruiter, and store manager seemed bored and uninterested in conducting the interview. All of the employees in the store looked unhappy about being there. The cashier who checked me out after my interview actually told me that she hates her job.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect to be asked about my experiences as a customer.   Answer Question

Minimum wage and no benefits for 13 MONTHS

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

I applied for my position via telephone system. I received a phone call about two days later. I interviewed not long after that. I was really impressed with the woman who hired me and I enjoyed my experience at Giant Eagle for the first couple of years but things have gone down hill since then.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ravenna, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ravenna, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle in March 2013.

Total waste of time. Group interview with 5 other people, have no time to introduce self or talk about past. They make other people introduce you. They ask you to "inventory" candy, which is totally a joke. And then they ask "what would you do if" questions. I thought I did everything great and my personality came through as much as it COULD. and they emailed me next day saying they had gone with someone else. The interview was with recruiters I would never work with and not even at the store i had applied to. awful judge of character. the store manager of where the interview was spent the entire time texting.

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle in November 2011.

Interviews are made to sound like your going into A 1 employment.

Interview Questions
    • tell about a time where you had to calm down a disappointed customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle in November 2011.

I submitted my application and they contacted me within a few weeks. A date was set for the interview. The interview was very simple. I was just asked general questions that were related to what was on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2011.

it was a long process with a 1:1 interview then a group about 3 weeks later then i started my first day. the total time was about a month between my test and interviews