Giant Eagle

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview Details – 1 interview, drug test, offer
Easier than expected but both the group interviewer, recruiter, and store manager seemed bored and uninterested in conducting the interview. All of the employees in the store looked unhappy about being there. The cashier who checked me out after my interview actually told me that she hates her job.

Interview Question – I did not expect to be asked about my experiences as a customer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Minimum wage and no benefits for 13 MONTHS

Brunswick, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2011.

Interview Details – it was a long process with a 1:1 interview then a group about 3 weeks later then i started my first day. the total time was about a month between my test and interviews

Interview Question – none that were asked were difficult   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews are made to sound like your going into A 1 employment.

Interview Question – tell about a time where you had to calm down a disappointed customer?   View Answer

Front End Cashier

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview Details – I applied for my position via telephone system. I received a phone call about two days later. I interviewed not long after that. I was really impressed with the woman who hired me and I enjoyed my experience at Giant Eagle for the first couple of years but things have gone down hill since then.

Ravenna, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in March 2013.

Interview Details – Total waste of time. Group interview with 5 other people, have no time to introduce self or talk about past. They make other people introduce you. They ask you to "inventory" candy, which is totally a joke. And then they ask "what would you do if" questions. I thought I did everything great and my personality came through as much as it COULD. and they emailed me next day saying they had gone with someone else. The interview was with recruiters I would never work with and not even at the store i had applied to. awful judge of character. the store manager of where the interview was spent the entire time texting.

Interview Question – describe a time you showed great customer service.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2009.

Interview Details – Answered some very basic questions about myself and my background. Super generic interview stuff about strengths and weaknesses, example of conflict/problems overcome and maybe some simple scenarios -- "what would you do if you saw your co-worker steal?" etc.

Interview Question – None come to mind. There were no real curveballs. Maybe just the generic "describe a problem or conflict you have overcome"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they offered minimum wage - take it or leave it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Giant Eagle

Worked for Giant Eagle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Giant Eagle Front End Cashier interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Giant Eagle employees and interview candidates.