Giant Eagle Front End Cashier Interview Questions

2.1

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle in November 2011.

I submitted my application and they contacted me within a few weeks. A date was set for the interview. The interview was very simple. I was just asked general questions that were related to what was on my resume.

Other Interview Reviews for Giant Eagle

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in July 2014.

I applied online and two days later I got called by the hiring recruiter. She set me up for an interview with the front-end manager for the next day. I went and did the interview, which was quick and easy, and they called me two hours later asking me to accept the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were starving before work and there was a long line of customers in front of your cash register? How would that make you feel?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Applied in store with a paper application. Got called for an interview in about a week. Had one simple one on one interview and was hired on the spot. I signed up for Part-time work and ended getting over 40 hours.

There was no negotiation

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Easy process and easy questions. It was my first ever interview and it was very smoothly. She was also very quick at getting back to me with the job offer.

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

1 interview, drug test, offer
    Easier than expected but both the group interviewer, recruiter, and store manager seemed bored and uninterested in conducting the interview. All of the employees in the store looked unhappy about being there. The cashier who checked me out after my interview actually told me that she hates her job.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect to be asked about my experiences as a customer.   Answer Question

Minimum wage and no benefits for 13 MONTHS

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brunswick, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2011.

it was a long process with a 1:1 interview then a group about 3 weeks later then i started my first day. the total time was about a month between my test and interviews

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in November 2011.

Interviews are made to sound like your going into A 1 employment.

Interview Questions
    • tell about a time where you had to calm down a disappointed customer?   View Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

I applied for my position via telephone system. I received a phone call about two days later. I interviewed not long after that. I was really impressed with the woman who hired me and I enjoyed my experience at Giant Eagle for the first couple of years but things have gone down hill since then.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ravenna, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ravenna, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in March 2013.

Total waste of time. Group interview with 5 other people, have no time to introduce self or talk about past. They make other people introduce you. They ask you to "inventory" candy, which is totally a joke. And then they ask "what would you do if" questions. I thought I did everything great and my personality came through as much as it COULD. and they emailed me next day saying they had gone with someone else. The interview was with recruiters I would never work with and not even at the store i had applied to. awful judge of character. the store manager of where the interview was spent the entire time texting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morgantown, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2009.

Answered some very basic questions about myself and my background. Super generic interview stuff about strengths and weaknesses, example of conflict/problems overcome and maybe some simple scenarios -- "what would you do if you saw your co-worker steal?" etc.

Interview Questions
    • None come to mind. There were no real curveballs. Maybe just the generic "describe a problem or conflict you have overcome"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, they offered minimum wage - take it or leave it.

Worked for Giant Eagle? Contribute to the Community!