Giant Eagle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a HR representative. She asked basic questions concerning my past work experience. She knew I had no prior experience in this field, but this was not important. Attention to customer service was the key factor.
I was asked about my time availability.

Interview Question – How would I respond to an irate customer who came to the store and demanded attention.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was told the pay rate and when to report for orientation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Grocery Clerk Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in May 2011.

Interview Details – I'd originally been called for a different position in a different city. The HR supervisor out there had been so impressed by my interview she recommended me for a more local position. I got an interview the day after I applied for a few days later. I interviewed with the local HR, then went (right after) to an interview with the Front End supervisor. Was offered the position, took a quick drug test and training begins as soon as the background check clears.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if? (insert scenario involving a customer doing something the store doesn't like, you tell them it is against policy, they get angry and tell you to mind your own. what do you do)   View Answer
  • Lots of "name a time when" (hard situation, plus at work, negative at work, etc...)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Giant Eagle

Worked for Giant Eagle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Giant Eagle Grocery Clerk interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Giant Eagle employees and interview candidates.