Giant Eagle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a HR representative. She asked basic questions concerning my past work experience. She knew I had no prior experience in this field, but this was not important. Attention to customer service was the key factor.
I was asked about my time availability.

Interview Question – How would I respond to an irate customer who came to the store and demanded attention.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was told the pay rate and when to report for orientation.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in May 2011.

Interview Details – I'd originally been called for a different position in a different city. The HR supervisor out there had been so impressed by my interview she recommended me for a more local position. I got an interview the day after I applied for a few days later. I interviewed with the local HR, then went (right after) to an interview with the Front End supervisor. Was offered the position, took a quick drug test and training begins as soon as the background check clears.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if? (insert scenario involving a customer doing something the store doesn't like, you tell them it is against policy, they get angry and tell you to mind your own. what do you do)   View Answer
  • Lots of "name a time when" (hard situation, plus at work, negative at work, etc...)   Answer Question

Worked for Giant Eagle? Contribute to the Community!