Giant Eagle Grocery Clerk Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Cashier (14)
- Front End Cashier (9)
- Pharmacy Technician (7)
- Produce Clerk (3)
- Stock Clerk (3)
- Intern (3)
- Bagger (2)
- Grocery Clerk (2)
- Manager (2)
- Fuel Station Attendant (2)
- Grocery Clerk Part Time (2)
- Operations Intern (2)
- Digital Marketing (1)
- Cake Decorator (1)
- Meat Wrapper (1)
- Customer Service Clerk (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Lot Attendant (1)
- Seafood Clerk (1)
- Cook (1)
- Corporate Headquarters (1)
- Overnight Stock (1)
- Office Clerk (1)
- GetGo Go-Getter (1)
- Bakery Grocery Clerk PT (1)
- Ft Baker (1)
- Pharmacy Technician - Call Center (1)
- Gas Station Attendant (1)
- Team Member (1)
- Meat Department Clerk (1)
Grocery Clerk Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2012.
Interview Details – I was interviewed by a HR representative. She asked basic questions concerning my past work experience. She knew I had no prior experience in this field, but this was not important. Attention to customer service was the key factor.
I was asked about my time availability.
Interview Question – How would I respond to an irate customer who came to the store and demanded attention. Answer Question
Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was told the pay rate and when to report for orientation.
Grocery Clerk Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in May 2011.
Interview Details – I'd originally been called for a different position in a different city. The HR supervisor out there had been so impressed by my interview she recommended me for a more local position. I got an interview the day after I applied for a few days later. I interviewed with the local HR, then went (right after) to an interview with the Front End supervisor. Was offered the position, took a quick drug test and training begins as soon as the background check clears.
- What would you do if? (insert scenario involving a customer doing something the store doesn't like, you tell them it is against policy, they get angry and tell you to mind your own. what do you do) View Answer
- Lots of "name a time when" (hard situation, plus at work, negative at work, etc...) Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Giant Eagle