Giant Eagle Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Phone screen, group interview with 8 other people with role playing and presentations, one on one interview with corporate HR where they ask you basic background questions and normal situational questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a difficult decision and it ended up being the wrong one.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Leader Interview

Interview

It took about a month in all. 2 interviews and a math test. Lengthy but good process. Met in a store I would not work at with a leader I would not work for. Also I was never told where I will work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Online application requires extensive personality assessment. Phone screening with HR to discuss resume and experiences. A few weeks later had a phone interview with hiring manager in nutrition department. Discussed experiences and qualifications for the position. Asked appropriate questions regarding the job details. Explained that the next step would be face to face interviews conducted in the next couple weeks. Did not get called back for the next round of interviews despite years of experience.

Part-Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Carmel, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

I went to an open interview event for the new Market District in Carmel, IN. I recently finished my masters degree in business and was looking for long-term part-time work to supplement my full-time job, primarily to help pay off student loans. I had heard on the radio that Market District was having open interviews at a local hotel and they were giving sign on bonuses. So I decided to check it out. The whole process was about an hour long. I signed in, filled out an app on one of their laptops, sat in a waiting room where many other candidates were waiting. At one point, I overheard a recruiter offering a prep-cook job to another candidate and offered him $11.50/hr. Not bad for a part-time gig! So, I rocked the crap out of my interview, seemed to have delighted the recruiter, answered all the questions as if I were the owner of the company and always put the guest first. The recruiter said I answered all the questions beautifully, exactly the way Market District/Giant Eagle would have wanted me to respond (which...common sense will help you with your answers). The recruiter offered me a job right then and there, to be a cashier and eventually move into a front-end supervisor type position based on my experience/education, and offered me the minimum pay rate for the position, which was $9/hr.

Interview Questions

• 1. A guest wants to try a certain cracker, what do you do? 2. Another guest brings you spoiled salmon from Costco and wants it exchanged with your salmon, what do you do? 3. Sell us this Market District brand BBQ sauce.   1 Answer

I stated I had heard them offer someone else $11.50 for a prep-cook job, and asked how I would be able to make that. She went and checked with her boss and came back stating "you would need three years of cashier experience to make that, do you have 3 years of cashier experience?" I said no, but I have a bachelors degree in business, a masters degree in business, 2 years of full-time sales experience, 1 year of full-time customer service experience, and 4 years of part-time produce clerk experience while I was in school. She went to check with her boss again, and ultimately said they wouldn't go up from their minimum starting wage because "I didn't specifically have 3 years worth of cashier experience." I stated I was no longer interested and left. I understand they have checklists and flowcharts they have to follow in order to offer someone a higher wage, but to say three years worth of cashier experience would trump the above listed education and experience, well...I guess I don't have what it takes then. Good luck!

Pharmacy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

1) Phone Interview with general questions 2) One on one interview with the pharmacy manager with some of the same questions Honestly, these interviews felt like a waste of my time. I was expecting them to be pharmacy based but they were super generalized. The questions were easy to answer since they are the typical retail/service industry questions. Iwas not offered a job because I did not have an open enough availability during the school year. The recruiter from the initial phone interview told me there was a 12 hour a month minimum (which I could definitely manage) but then the pharmacy manager told me he was looking for someone to work 4 days a week year round (which is next-to-impossible during the school year for me).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where the exceeded your own expectations. Describe a time where you had to deliver bad news. Describe a time where you were able to come up with a creative solution to something. Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer (person) etc, etc   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Parma, OH).

Interview

There was a one to one interview to review skills and abilities. They wanted to know what work experiences and or background I had would help me to be a successful employee.

Negotiation

none, Pay is negotiated through a union.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I applied online and got a phone call about two and a half weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was very straight forward and only took about twenty minutes. About five days later I got a call with a job offer. The entire process took about a month between the time I applied to the time I started training.

Guest Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview with silly scenario role playing activities. Followed by a 1 hour n 1 that could have been done on the phone. Followed by a phone interview. Seemed to be disorganized and interviewers were not on the same page with each other. Very generalized interview that seemed to be used for all new hires, regardless of position applied for.

Interview Questions

• desceibe this product as if you were selling to a customer   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Quick in contacting me back but no real questions in interview just basics asking when i could begin etc. It was efficient and i got an interview and drug test two days after submitting my application online for a position.

Interview Questions

• How long do you think youll work here?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

This was a very simple and easy interview process. There was few questions and it was more so conversational. I recommend going through this interview process for a first part-time job.