Giant Eagle Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.3

Deli Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I interviewed with a specialist and a store manager at one time. They were both friendly and went back and forth with questions. A lot were basic and based off experience. They asked mostly situational questions and wanted to know why I wanted to work for Giant Eagle.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time you overcome a challenge and how did it turn out?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

based off experience

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Parma Heights, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I came in about 15 minutes early, was neatly dressed, business casual (polo and Kakis). The interview was friendly and energetic. My strategy was to match his enthusiasm and energy. Show interest and always keep eye contact!

Interview Questions

• Do you see this job as just a paycheck?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I first met with recruiters at a job fair, and was invited to complete an interview later in the day. The interview was informal and short, and based on behavioral questions. The recruiter told me to apply for the position online and that I would hear back in a timely manner when they made a decision. They did not conduct further interviews.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you experienced dishonesty in the workplace.   Answer Question

Bakery Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Applied on line and after a couple of weeks got an email for a phone interview. I prepared well for the phone interview but felt it was very generic matter of fact not at all personal. I was told that the only jobs they had were part time and was asked to pick between 2 different departments. The in person interview was with prepared foods and a really great experience. I was asked a couple of days later to go in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• I was given different scenarios of situations that had or could happen in the store and asked what I would do, mostly normal customer service questions. I was asked about a time that I went over and above for a customer, and how I would handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Retail Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

The interview process starts from a screening interview. You then have an onsite interview with 2 store leaders. Two separate, formal 30 minute interviews. Be prepared to talk about your past experiences. If you do well you'll have a final interview with the regional business leader. View that final interview as an opportunity to ask plenty of questions and learn a lot.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about retail? What do you dislike?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day for an over the phone interview that I was able to schedule. The woman who called didn't reply much but did come across as very nice and understanding that I was nervous. The questions however seemed negative and just tried to figure out things I did wrong instead of right. Such as my biggest obstacle? However, it was a pleasant phone call. I did get offered the 2nd interview. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Pharmacy Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Interview process was mediocre, but follow up was poor. No contact information was given at interview, and no follow up for over 5 months. Interview had a scheduled time and ran hours behind. Process seemed disorganized, but was with appropriate staff and some employees were consistent with their part of the process.

Interview Questions

• Providing detailed information regarding company information.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2014.

Interview

Group interview "reservation" time set between 2-4 PM Sunday in downtown Cleveland. Upon arrival, was notified there would be no interview due to large turnout. Instructed to leave name and contact info for an interview at a nearby store at a future date. Received a $5 certificate for the Market District and a parking voucher that I did not use due to the lot being full. Did receive an e-mail the next day providing a new group interview time at a store location later in the week.

Sales Associate- Prepared Food Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had a 10 minute screening telephone interview, several days later, the company had a group interview with between 10 to 15 interviewees. The interview was very comfortable, low stress, and interesting but lasted two hours. Successful candidates were offered jobs on the spot. We were assigned partners and had specific tasks to complete in a limited amount of time.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Detective Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I was interviewed by both the District Loss Prevention Manager and a District Rep Investigator. We had an intellectual discussion about the field I was interviewing for along with my education and work experience. Both interviewers used forensic interviewing techniques to establish a honest report which, I identified after the second question was asked based on how it was asked and the follow up question that proceeded after.

Interview Questions

• When preparing for a interview, especially in a risk oriented position, do your research on not only the company but current risks associated with how they already do business.   Answer Question