Giant Eagle

93 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Front End Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and two days later I got called by the hiring recruiter. She set me up for an interview with the front-end manager for the next day. I went and did the interview, which was quick and easy, and they called me two hours later asking me to accept the job.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were starving before work and there was a long line of customers in front of your cash register? How would that make you feel?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview Details – Applied in store with a paper application. Got called for an interview in about a week. Had one simple one on one interview and was hired on the spot. I signed up for Part-time work and ended getting over 40 hours.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

File Maintenance Interview

File Maintenance
Warren, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Giant Eagle in June 2013.

Interview Details – 1 interview total. Was done by the owner of my particular store. It was very short and to the point. I was hired on the spot. Questions were mostly regarding my work experience.

Interview Question – Definitely unexpected question "what was your favorite subject in school"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing was ever negotiated.

Meat Department Clerk Interview

Meat Department Clerk
Rocky River, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Giant Eagle in June 2014.

Interview Details – Had phone interview on Friday the 13 the and in Monday the 15 the was offered a position !and today was turned down for a position received a email saying I was turned down hr was very evasive and didn't care about the outcome!????

Front End Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview Details – Easy process and easy questions. It was my first ever interview and it was very smoothly. She was also very quick at getting back to me with the job offer.

Interview Question – Worst thing about you   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Kennedy, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in June 2014.

Interview Details – First contacted by calling to see if I was eligible for the position. A 10-15 minute phone interview then followed with the human resources recruiter. After that, I was set up for a face-to-face interview with the Pharmacy manager. Recruiter called the day of interview to offer me the job.
Orientation was set up the next day with a call from a different lady. Second orientation will be with a Pharmacy Trainer.

Interview Question – In previous work experience, name a time when you weren't sure of the outcome of a difficult situation. (or something along the lines of that)   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Part Time Interview

Grocery Clerk Part Time

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle in August 2012.

Interview Details – We had a group interview where the interviewer posed situations and questions to us and we gave them what we thought was the best answer. It was really basic and simple.

Interview Question – None. If you know how to behave around people and be an overall decent and intelligent human being, I think you'll be just fine.   Answer Question

Lot Attendant Interview

Lot Attendant
Brook Park, OH

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed up by planned group interview that became an individual interview. Following interview was told that by the end of that week I would hear back from the hiring manager for the location I was applied to. Did not receive a response from them. Followed up in-store asking to speak to the manager about this several times, would never be spoken to. Received an email over two weeks later saying I had been passed over. Very unprofessional and evasive management.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Giant Eagle

Interview Details – Phone Interview, and then face to face interview

Interview Question – None were unexpeced   Answer Question

Assistant Grocery Manager Interview

Assistant Grocery Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview Details – The first round included references, resumes and personal statements.
Then selected applicants took an extensive online test that combined elements measuring personality and skills.
Applicants who did well on the test were then given phone interviews by HR.
The final ten applicants were brought in for interviews with a store manager and a flagship store manager.

Interview Question – Talk about a time where you and your crew failed to get all your work done.   View Answer

Worked for Giant Eagle? Contribute to the Community!