Giant Eagle

83 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for several years before finally getting a call to set up an interview. I had a phone conversation/interview first, not long after I had an on site interview with a HR person. When that went well, an on site interview with the pharmacy manager was set up within a week. This was a lot less daunting than I expected. The manager was very nice and frienfly and the interview was rather relaxed.

Interview Question – Asked how you would handle various problems that come up when dealing with customers   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Stock Clerk Interview

Murrysville, PA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was called into the upstairs offices and was then told to watch a video about the company.

Interview Question – They didn't ask any questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there wasn't one

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview Details – It was a pretty standard process. I applied through my school, had a phone interview and then had a follow-up round of interviews. The final interviews took place at their corporate headquarters north of Pittsburgh.

Interview Question – Name a complex problem, how you worked through it, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview Details – 1 interview, drug test, offer
Easier than expected but both the group interviewer, recruiter, and store manager seemed bored and uninterested in conducting the interview. All of the employees in the store looked unhappy about being there. The cashier who checked me out after my interview actually told me that she hates her job.

Interview Question – I did not expect to be asked about my experiences as a customer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Minimum wage and no benefits for 13 MONTHS

Very Easy Interview

Pharmacy Technician - Call Center Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Giant Eagle in April 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, assessment test, in person interview

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Cashier Interview

Johnstown, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Giant Eagle in March 2011.

Interview Details – Meet with an Human Resources Representative from Corporate. Drug test and background check are required. They ask you a series of questions in a private room and you respond with personal experiences. It usually takes about 3 days to a week to hear back about employment.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Brunswick, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2011.

Interview Details – it was a long process with a 1:1 interview then a group about 3 weeks later then i started my first day. the total time was about a month between my test and interviews

Interview Question – none that were asked were difficult   Answer Question

Meat Wrapper Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle in August 2010.

Interview Details – Not too bad, they're fairly quick about it. Not unfair at all. Usually done in groups, but not at the same time

Interview Question – They asked me to tell them what my weakest skill was and how I deal with it/working on how to impove it   Answer Question

Perishable Clerk Interview

Perishable Clerk

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend. Applied online and a few days later I received a phone call. The woman conducted a phone interview and at the end of it I was asked to come in for a face- to -face interview. When I got there I went to customer service to ask for the manager and the HR person actually conducted the interview in the little office. The store manager came back and stood in the doorway and joked that if I was as good a worker as my friend then there would be no problems. I took a drug test then and there. I was supposed to interview with the department manager too but by then she already left. They decided at the end of the interview when I would start.

Interview Question – all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Bagger Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview Details – Interview was straight forward. Was called within a week for interview. Standard interview questions and was given an overview of job duties to expect.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Giant Eagle

Worked for Giant Eagle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Giant Eagle interview questions and advice. All 83 interview reviews posted anonymously by Giant Eagle employees and interview candidates.