Giant Eagle

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.3

Transfer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle in July 2009.

My last interview was for a transfer in which I asked for a specific position through the company. I made calls and asked my managers for help for 3 months before anything happened.
    The company is good at passing the buck.. people need better communication

Interview Questions

When I declined the offer it was due to by the time I was given the offer I had already committed myself to another company.

Front End Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle in August 2009.

Interviewed with Recruiter via phone, followed by on-line management testing. Interviewed with the Store Manager and District Manager. Very positive, each seemed to love their job and wanted to make sure they had the right candidate as much as the applicant wanted part of their team.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer tried to return a item that was not purchased at Giant Eagle, how would you handle the situation if the customer insisted on returning the item.   View Answer
    Salary was more than requested, benefits were offered upon first full month of employment. Negotiation was not necessary. They know they are very competitive and are very picky about their hiring

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ravenna, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Ravenna, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle in March 2013.

Total waste of time. Group interview with 5 other people, have no time to introduce self or talk about past. They make other people introduce you. They ask you to "inventory" candy, which is totally a joke. And then they ask "what would you do if" questions. I thought I did everything great and my personality came through as much as it COULD. and they emailed me next day saying they had gone with someone else. The interview was with recruiters I would never work with and not even at the store i had applied to. awful judge of character. the store manager of where the interview was spent the entire time texting.

Intern Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle in January 2012.

Applied online, was asked for a 45 minute phone interview, was then asked to perform a personality/compatibility test, was then called into the headquarters for two back to back 45 minute in-person interviews with a dept. head and a direct manager for the position.

Assistant Grocery Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

The first round included references, resumes and personal statements.
    Then selected applicants took an extensive online test that combined elements measuring personality and skills.
    Applicants who did well on the test were then given phone interviews by HR.
    The final ten applicants were brought in for interviews with a store manager and a flagship store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you and your crew failed to get all your work done.   View Answer

Pharmacy Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview process was mediocre, but follow up was poor. No contact information was given at interview, and no follow up for over 5 months. Interview had a scheduled time and ran hours behind. Process seemed disorganized, but was with appropriate staff and some employees were consistent with their part of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Providing detailed information regarding company information.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Giant Eagle.

I first met with recruiters at a job fair, and was invited to complete an interview later in the day. The interview was informal and short, and based on behavioral questions. The recruiter told me to apply for the position online and that I would hear back in a timely manner when they made a decision. They did not conduct further interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you experienced dishonesty in the workplace.   Answer Question

Lot Attendant and Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle in May 2013.

I applied for several positions prior to being hired in May of 2013. Overall it was approximately two months of waiting. I kept getting emails that they would keep my application on file and then I applied one more time and I was asked to do an interview. I had a one on one interview with the HR recruiter, then I had a meeting with the head of my department and I was offered the position on spot. After those two interviews I had orientation the following week.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions, just checking to see that you have a good character.   Answer Question
    No negotiations because Giant Eagle is a union store so you start out at the bottom and have to eventually work your way up in pay scale. After a year and a half I am up to 8.95 an hour not bad but when minimum wage goes up your pay stays the same, the scale does not change which is a downside, but minimum wage goes up about a dime every year so I am still a dollar higher than minimum wage.

Advanced Pharmacy Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis Center, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis Center, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2014.

The first interview is a phone interview with a recruiter. Then you go onto meeting with someone for a physical interview. Probably one of the best interviews I've had. The manager was great. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. When applying for the Pharmacy position you have to take a short test to see how good your knowledge is on sig codes.

Interview Questions
    • They ask the typical questions. Strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

I applied online and was contacted the next day for an over the phone interview that I was able to schedule. The woman who called didn't reply much but did come across as very nice and understanding that I was nervous. The questions however seemed negative and just tried to figure out things I did wrong instead of right. Such as my biggest obstacle? However, it was a pleasant phone call. I did get offered the 2nd interview. Wish me luck!

None