Giant Eagle Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.3

Transfer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle in July 2009.

Interview

My last interview was for a transfer in which I asked for a specific position through the company. I made calls and asked my managers for help for 3 months before anything happened. The company is good at passing the buck.. people need better communication

Interview Questions

• explaining any gaps in employment   Answer Question
    • Why does your resume have so many employers on it   1 Answer

When I declined the offer it was due to by the time I was given the offer I had already committed myself to another company.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ravenna, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Ravenna, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

Total waste of time. Group interview with 5 other people, have no time to introduce self or talk about past. They make other people introduce you. They ask you to "inventory" candy, which is totally a joke. And then they ask "what would you do if" questions. I thought I did everything great and my personality came through as much as it COULD. and they emailed me next day saying they had gone with someone else. The interview was with recruiters I would never work with and not even at the store i had applied to. awful judge of character. the store manager of where the interview was spent the entire time texting.

Front End Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle (West Akron, OH) in August 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with Recruiter via phone, followed by on-line management testing. Interviewed with the Store Manager and District Manager. Very positive, each seemed to love their job and wanted to make sure they had the right candidate as much as the applicant wanted part of their team.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer tried to return a item that was not purchased at Giant Eagle, how would you handle the situation if the customer insisted on returning the item.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was more than requested, benefits were offered upon first full month of employment. Negotiation was not necessary. They know they are very competitive and are very picky about their hiring

Assistant Grocery Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

The first round included references, resumes and personal statements. Then selected applicants took an extensive online test that combined elements measuring personality and skills. Applicants who did well on the test were then given phone interviews by HR. The final ten applicants were brought in for interviews with a store manager and a flagship store manager.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you and your crew failed to get all your work done.   1 Answer

Pharmacy Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Interview process was mediocre, but follow up was poor. No contact information was given at interview, and no follow up for over 5 months. Interview had a scheduled time and ran hours behind. Process seemed disorganized, but was with appropriate staff and some employees were consistent with their part of the process.

Interview Questions

• Providing detailed information regarding company information.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I first met with recruiters at a job fair, and was invited to complete an interview later in the day. The interview was informal and short, and based on behavioral questions. The recruiter told me to apply for the position online and that I would hear back in a timely manner when they made a decision. They did not conduct further interviews.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you experienced dishonesty in the workplace.   Answer Question

Intern Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online, was asked for a 45 minute phone interview, was then asked to perform a personality/compatibility test, was then called into the headquarters for two back to back 45 minute in-person interviews with a dept. head and a direct manager for the position.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen interview with the Talent Acquisition representative in HR followed by an onsite interview schedule consisting of a series of three one hour interviews. Following that I had to complete a candidate assessment process consisting of a series of personality and aptitude assessment tests. I has allowed to take this from home via the internet and overall took 4+ hours. I found there to be a good bit of redundancy over the series of assessments. It was a turn off.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time where you had to resolve a major problem or conflict in a project and how you did this.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Parma, OH).

Interview

There was a one to one interview to review skills and abilities. They wanted to know what work experiences and or background I had would help me to be a successful employee.

Negotiation

none, Pay is negotiated through a union.

Assistant Store Leader Interview

Interview

It took about a month in all. 2 interviews and a math test. Lengthy but good process. Met in a store I would not work at with a leader I would not work for. Also I was never told where I will work.