Giant Eagle

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.3

Gas Station Attendant Interview

Interview was straight-forward, no stress, ask question that were customer service related

Ft Baker Interview

I put app in online was called 3 days later had a phone interview. Was set up on a 1 on1 interview basic Q&A work history taken back to bakery met the team leader the Hr recruiter said they would be calling me it's been a week an they have not called yet

Interview Questions
    • Just about safety and what I have seen unsafe over the years   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

1 interview, drug test, offer
    Easier than expected but both the group interviewer, recruiter, and store manager seemed bored and uninterested in conducting the interview. All of the employees in the store looked unhappy about being there. The cashier who checked me out after my interview actually told me that she hates her job.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect to be asked about my experiences as a customer.   Answer Question

Minimum wage and no benefits for 13 MONTHS

Intern Interview

Phone Interview, and then face to face interview

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Easy process and easy questions. It was my first ever interview and it was very smoothly. She was also very quick at getting back to me with the job offer.

Any Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2014.

Group interview "reservation" time set between 2-4 PM Sunday in downtown Cleveland. Upon arrival, was notified there would be no interview due to large turnout. Instructed to leave name and contact info for an interview at a nearby store at a future date. Received a $5 certificate for the Market District and a parking voucher that I did not use due to the lot being full. Did receive an e-mail the next day providing a new group interview time at a store location later in the week.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2014.

After a recruiter telephone interview as well as a hiring manager telephone interview for a position at their corporate office in mid-July, 2014, it took a month to get a face-to-face interview scheduled - two weeks from that! Then, it was cancelled and rescheduled; then, a call was received to reschedule the same cancelled interview. Then, I never received the email to confirm the last rescheduled interview as promised. It was a nightmare to contact someone by telephone today to cancel the interview (tomorrow) - I accepted another job offer as I could not wait any longer for Giant Eagle. Way too many red flags. And the person who took my call never even apologized on behalf of the company. if this is any indication of how they treat their employees ------

File Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Giant Eagle in June 2013.

1 interview total. Was done by the owner of my particular store. It was very short and to the point. I was hired on the spot. Questions were mostly regarding my work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Definitely unexpected question "what was your favorite subject in school"   View Answer
    Nothing was ever negotiated.

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle in July 2014.

I applied online and two days later I got called by the hiring recruiter. She set me up for an interview with the front-end manager for the next day. I went and did the interview, which was quick and easy, and they called me two hours later asking me to accept the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were starving before work and there was a long line of customers in front of your cash register? How would that make you feel?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle in November 2011.

I submitted my application and they contacted me within a few weeks. A date was set for the interview. The interview was very simple. I was just asked general questions that were related to what was on my resume.