Giant Eagle

97 candidate interviews

Gas Station Attendant Interview

Gas Station Attendant

Interviewed at Giant Eagle

Interview Details – Interview was straight-forward, no stress, ask question that were customer service related

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Ft Baker Interview

Ft Baker

Interviewed at Giant Eagle

Interview Details – I put app in online was called 3 days later had a phone interview. Was set up on a 1 on1 interview basic Q&A work history taken back to bakery met the team leader the Hr recruiter said they would be calling me it's been a week an they have not called yet

Interview Question – Just about safety and what I have seen unsafe over the years   Answer Question

Front End Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview Details – 1 interview, drug test, offer
Easier than expected but both the group interviewer, recruiter, and store manager seemed bored and uninterested in conducting the interview. All of the employees in the store looked unhappy about being there. The cashier who checked me out after my interview actually told me that she hates her job.

Interview Question – I did not expect to be asked about my experiences as a customer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Minimum wage and no benefits for 13 MONTHS

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

Interview Details – Phone Interview, and then face to face interview

Interview Question – None were unexpeced   Answer Question

Front End Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview Details – Easy process and easy questions. It was my first ever interview and it was very smoothly. She was also very quick at getting back to me with the job offer.

Interview Question – Worst thing about you   Answer Question

File Maintenance Interview

File Maintenance
Warren, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Giant Eagle in June 2013.

Interview Details – 1 interview total. Was done by the owner of my particular store. It was very short and to the point. I was hired on the spot. Questions were mostly regarding my work experience.

Interview Question – Definitely unexpected question "what was your favorite subject in school"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing was ever negotiated.

Front End Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and two days later I got called by the hiring recruiter. She set me up for an interview with the front-end manager for the next day. I went and did the interview, which was quick and easy, and they called me two hours later asking me to accept the job.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were starving before work and there was a long line of customers in front of your cash register? How would that make you feel?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle in November 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my application and they contacted me within a few weeks. A date was set for the interview. The interview was very simple. I was just asked general questions that were related to what was on my resume.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Market District Strongsville Job Fair From Hell- Customer Service Interview

Market District Strongsville Job Fair From Hell- Customer Service
Strongsville, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Giant Eagle in July 2014.

Interview Details – So I along with 1500+ other people attended the market district job fair for the new location in Strongsville, Ohio. The set up was nice at first where they interviewed us in groups and they had food for us and goody bags. The interview included role playing and they based whether they saw us fit for the company. It was fun but very tiring. This lasted for an hour and a half. We then wasted time by talking to Department managers about availability We were given availability sheets to fill out but then they reviewed them and then told us that they were looking for open availability which could have been clearly communicated before hand. After wasting more time with that, we as a group waited for 45 more minutes just to be told that they only had part-time and get this: they were only paying minimum wage $7.45! I have another job and felt that my complete Saturday was wasted for 5 hours when we were told that they only needed 2 hours from us. I took the position only because I was leaving with something after being there for so long but I doubt that I go to orientation because 7.45 is just gas to get out there. Then to have to pay union dues. Giant Eagle/ Market district is a joke, just hire a bunch of kids in High school for that pay. Intentions were good but communication was terrible.

Interview Question – We role played and questions included what to do when a customer is upset, how to sell and product and what would you do type of questions.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician - Call Center Interview

Pharmacy Technician - Call Center
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Giant Eagle in April 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, assessment test, in person interview

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for Giant Eagle? Contribute to the Community!