Giant Eagle Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.2

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMurray, PA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (McMurray, PA).

Interview

Interview was a little nerve wracking. They ask very un realistic questions, but at the same time they do want to make sure everyone they hire is friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions such as "Name a time when..." "What would you do if..."   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cleveland, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

Easy and quick. Straight forward. Applied online, called in for in person interview. Few basic questions trying to figure out who you are as a person. Nothing about the process was unexpected

Interview Questions

• Share a time when you had to make a difficult decision and what was the result.   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. It was actually a very relaxed environment and not at all intimidating. However the interview took over two hours to complete. The group consists of other applicants, a recruiter, and two to three managers within the store.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Johnstown, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

Very casual interview. Questions about my past experience and customer service questions.The interview was one on one with the pharmacy manager. She explained what I would be doing, explained the benefits, vacation, etc. Ask if I was familiar with data entry.

Interview Questions

• What was my customer service experience?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online, got a call to come in for a interview and went in and was offered the job on the spot after a saliva drug test. Overall the interview process was very easy

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Tell me about yourself etc.   Answer Question

HBW Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

Not terribly difficult. Met with 2 high level team leaders for the interview. They asked a couple questions about what I did in my current role and then wanted me to answer several different STAR type questions with responses. The interview only lasted around 45 minutes to 1 hour. A lot of the questions were basic interview questions. Please describe your strengths and weakeness, etc.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I first had to answer a bunch of questions online then got the phone call and was asked a few simple questions over the phone. After that I was sent in for an interview then a second interview and got offered the position on the spot.

Category Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Cleveland, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Brief. Questions did not seem relevant to the particular role, but more from a script. Some scenarios given where vague and the questions did not lead to discussion. The description of the role I was applying for was clear on paper, but the hiring manager could not elaborate or discuss who the position would interact with others. I was not officially notified when the role was filled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your leadership style.   1 Answer

Sales Clerk/Starbucks Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Applied online and was called in during on of their open interviews. I was interviewed by one of their executive chefs and he wa nice. Was informed of the role and the Tasks involved. Did a drug test and that was it.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rossford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Rossford, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

It was a pretty simple, easy process. Since I had a background in grocery, the interview was short and sweet. I connected well with the interviewer and it was a very light hearted experience.