Giant Eagle

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.3

Information Systems Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Phone interview and then met with 3 or 4 people. Really great!!

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Process seemed to be pretty standard. Phone interview, followed up an afternoon of multiple interviews, then followed up by a final set of interviews.

Interview Questions

There was a distinct disconnect between the hiring manager and the HR Team. While the HR Team indicated that they were an employer of choice, especially when it come to home-work life balance I assumed that meant, that if I needed to work from home occasionally I could, or it I had an appt to get to it would be nor problem, as long as my work was being done. The Hiring Manager felt as if this job would require 50-60 hours a week at the office. I have no problem putting the hours in, I do currently, but some of that is done in my home office, so that i can have dinner with my family. When I brought this comment up to the HR director, she promptly indicated that's why they hadn't been able to hire anyone for the position, but she assured me that wasn't the case, I would have full support to WFH when needed, and they even had cube share (wasn't asking for that, but it was great to know that they supported it.) In the end I felt as if I didn't want to be the one that paved the way with this particular director, and decided it wasn't a good opportunity for me at the time.

Night Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Received a call with an initial phone screening.

I met with the grocery manager in the office. He was a cool guy. I was offered the position on the spot. A few days later I came back for a drug test and to schedule an orientation. In total it took about a week.

No negotiation

Senior Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle in November 2013.

After I applied online, I got a phone interview with a very friendly and helpful HR team lead. She arranged a second interviews, which I did not get an offer after (took 3 weeks). Went for another interview for another position (senior team lead), got a call the next day requesting a personality and skills test. I received a job offer the day after.

Interview Questions
    Good offer, no need to negotiate.

Ft Baker Interview

I put app in online was called 3 days later had a phone interview. Was set up on a 1 on1 interview basic Q&A work history taken back to bakery met the team leader the Hr recruiter said they would be calling me it's been a week an they have not called yet

Interview Questions
    • Just about safety and what I have seen unsafe over the years   Answer Question

Bakery Grocery Clerk PT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2013.

I applied online and the recruiter called me the following day. They asked me if I was currently employed or unemployed. There were questions regarding the application such as “Why do you want to work in the bakery?” “What hours of the week are you available?” “Why do you want to work at Giant Eagle?” They told me that starting pay will be minimum wage. They asked to tell them about my last employment. I was also asked if I could lift, carry, or move 50 pounds. Then I was scheduled for an interview.
    I interviewed with the hiring recruiter and I was asked to fill out an availability form. She went over my job application and asked two questions. We talked about college major and how it relates to Giant Eagle. Then she went to the bakery manager to check if my hours of availability would fit them. She came back and asked if I had any questions.
    I was offered the job on the spot. And soon I will have an orientation scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • What is customer service in your view?   View Answer
    • What would you do if you were in a situation where you were assigned to do a project at school or work and you had no idea where to start?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Everyone starts at minimum wage ($7.85). I was told that every hour on sunday would add an extra 50 cents onto my hourly wage and on holidays an extra $1.00 on hourly wage.

Overnight Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2013.

Simple interview. Called me back into room and asked me basic questions. Why do I want to work there and such.

Grocery Clerk Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Phone interview where they describe job and determine pay. Then you go to a group interview with around 8 other people. If you get passed that you get a 1-1 interview with the department leader. If you get hired you go for a mouth swab and a background check.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very different from any other interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview began by phone and then concluded with two one-on-one in-person interviews at headquarters.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2013.

Applied online. Had a brief chat with HR recruiter, arranged an in person interview. Had 1 interview with recruiter, then 1 interview with the Produce Team Leader. Fairly easy behavioral and scenario questions. Hired on the spot, pending results of a drug and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you experienced excellent and bad customer service.   Answer Question
    None. Minimum wage with raise after 60 days.