Giant Eagle Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.2

Prepared Foods Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Painesville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Painesville, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview went well though I drove 1hr and a half for the interview. The store manager in painsville was very Nice and kind. She said I had great potential to be in store manager giant eagle thinks otherwise. Oh well take my grocery business elsewhere!!

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on teamwork, delegating supervising and management. I answered all her questions even before she asked them!!   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I first met with recruiters at a job fair, and was invited to complete an interview later in the day. The interview was informal and short, and based on behavioral questions. The recruiter told me to apply for the position online and that I would hear back in a timely manner when they made a decision. They did not conduct further interviews.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you experienced dishonesty in the workplace.   Answer Question

Bakery Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

Applied on line and after a couple of weeks got an email for a phone interview. I prepared well for the phone interview but felt it was very generic matter of fact not at all personal. I was told that the only jobs they had were part time and was asked to pick between 2 different departments. The in person interview was with prepared foods and a really great experience. I was asked a couple of days later to go in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• I was given different scenarios of situations that had or could happen in the store and asked what I would do, mostly normal customer service questions. I was asked about a time that I went over and above for a customer, and how I would handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Retail Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

The interview process starts from a screening interview. You then have an onsite interview with 2 store leaders. Two separate, formal 30 minute interviews. Be prepared to talk about your past experiences. If you do well you'll have a final interview with the regional business leader. View that final interview as an opportunity to ask plenty of questions and learn a lot.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about retail? What do you dislike?   1 Answer

Meat Cutter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle in February 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call from hiring recruiter. She asked me some basic questions. From that point on its about a week process to get started. Also for a special position like meat cutter or cake decorator you have to take a skills test so they make sure you know what your doing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you did something wrong. How did you correct it. What was the outcome   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate wage for some jobs. For meat cutters....NEGOTIATE! Ask for at least 14.50 to 15. I made a mistake not asking for more. Now that I'm hired in I found out how slow the raises are so I'm kicking myself in the teeth.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a 2 on 1 interview with a hiring manager and a senior software engineer in the same group as the position. Very standard Information Technology job interview questions. The place was a little disorganized--we had the interview in the office of a manager who was out that day as the hiring manager could not (or did not) book a conference room in advance. Also the group seemed to have a lot of turnover from some of the comments the manager made. The manager even admitted the role I was applying for "wasn't the greatest job ever." That was a first for me on an interview! Afterwards I wrote a thank you note and was given feedback that I "interviewed well" and was "in the running," and then never received any more feedback. Not even a rejection letter. Poor form, Giant Eagle.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult problem you have had to solve   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day for an over the phone interview that I was able to schedule. The woman who called didn't reply much but did come across as very nice and understanding that I was nervous. The questions however seemed negative and just tried to figure out things I did wrong instead of right. Such as my biggest obstacle? However, it was a pleasant phone call. I did get offered the 2nd interview. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Avon, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Avon, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

It was easy. They basically just wanted to know personal information and about you as a person. Also went over the job and the requirements. majority of the interview was them talking more than me giving answers to questions. Like I said easy as can be

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Asked general questions regarding background and previous positions held. Over all, an easy interview with manager and 2nd in charge of store. Toured the building and met several of the individuals that were employed there.

Grocery Clerk Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Washington, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was led into an office with a manager. He went over my basic information and then asked multiple questions about my work background and some theoretical questions. After that he just began venting about how bad the job was and how women "wouldn't stay in this position". Also how the night crew isn't doing their job. Honestly he was very unprofessional and these are not things that should be said to someone during an interview. It almost scared me away from taking the job. After listening to him vent for about half an hour, trying to pretend to be interested for the sake of getting the job, he finally ended the interview and he said i would be called to set up orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer