Giant Eagle Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview began by phone and then concluded with two one-on-one in-person interviews at headquarters.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Giant Eagle in July 2012.

It was pretty a standard interview. There were three interviews in total: one with a manager, another with a shift manager, and the final one is pretty much to tell you that you've been hired.The interview questions are pretty basic.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to handle an unsatisfied customer.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

I applied for my position via telephone system. I received a phone call about two days later. I interviewed not long after that. I was really impressed with the woman who hired me and I enjoyed my experience at Giant Eagle for the first couple of years but things have gone down hill since then.

Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Giant Eagle in November 2012.

After submitting my application I was called in for a group interview where me and about ten others interviewed for multiple positions. We were given a brief company overview, asked customer service questions, acted out a related skit, played guess the food item and creatively drew/glued/sculpted art for the departmental job that we wanted. The interviews were held by the (at the time co-assistant store manager and the team lead for the demo kitchen.

Interview Questions
    • Having to guess what type of food was located in a ziplock bag.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but that was more my lack of knowledge on the matter. I later found out that a former coworker had negotiated a higher rate due to their education credentials.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Penn Hills, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn Hills, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

it was slow, had interview, hired and drug tested on the spot, 3 weeks later orientation, a week later, a class, then a week later 3 day training then thrown in with the sharks

none

Cash Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2012.

I applied online, was contacted the next morning and had a date set for the interview. I was interview by a corporate employee at the store and then by the front end manager. I was offered the job immediately after. I had to come in for about 2 hrs. three days for preliminary orientation and then received about four days of actual job specific training. I felt the training period was sufficient.

Interview Questions
    • I feel that they should be more willing to consider allowing full time to people. If you get a person who genuinely works hard and cares about their job they should be given a sort of job security.   Answer Question
    • They have recently implemented a new personality type test that screens their applications. These seem to be difficult enough that we are having trouble filling positions. I don't feel this is a profitable innovation.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in August 2010.

Starts with a group interview which involves activities and role playing. Potential team members are asked to use their creativity by using items to represent what type of position they were applying for. Tables of colored paper, pipe cleaners, clay, chalk, etc. were available for creating. Role playing team member to guest/customer in store situations. Call back interview is one on one. Drug testing with swab, on-site results.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with a customer you think may be shoplifting.   View Answer
    The position I was applying for was not available. Another one was offered and I accepted.

GetGo Go-Getter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Applied online, received a phone call and email a week later to set up interview time. Met with recruiter in store, basic interview questions. Interviewer was very distant and unpleasant and seemed like she didn't even want me there. Next had interview with store manager, who acted even ruder than the recruiter. He literally took out his cell phone in the middle of my interview; very unprofessional and rude.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ravenna, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ravenna, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in March 2013.

Total waste of time. Group interview with 5 other people, have no time to introduce self or talk about past. They make other people introduce you. They ask you to "inventory" candy, which is totally a joke. And then they ask "what would you do if" questions. I thought I did everything great and my personality came through as much as it COULD. and they emailed me next day saying they had gone with someone else. The interview was with recruiters I would never work with and not even at the store i had applied to. awful judge of character. the store manager of where the interview was spent the entire time texting.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roaring Spring, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roaring Spring, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle in March 2010.

The interview process was simple. I applied online and then waited for a call to tell me they wanted to interview me. I went in for my first interview with the stores recruiter, then a second interview with the store manager. After that interview he offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had a long line of customers and someone needed you to assist them in finding an item in the store?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation