Giant Eagle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in August 2010.

Interview Details – Starts with a group interview which involves activities and role playing. Potential team members are asked to use their creativity by using items to represent what type of position they were applying for. Tables of colored paper, pipe cleaners, clay, chalk, etc. were available for creating. Role playing team member to guest/customer in store situations. Call back interview is one on one. Drug testing with swab, on-site results.

Interview Question – How to deal with a customer you think may be shoplifting.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The position I was applying for was not available. Another one was offered and I accepted.

GetGo Go-Getter Interview

GetGo Go-Getter

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone call and email a week later to set up interview time. Met with recruiter in store, basic interview questions. Interviewer was very distant and unpleasant and seemed like she didn't even want me there. Next had interview with store manager, who acted even ruder than the recruiter. He literally took out his cell phone in the middle of my interview; very unprofessional and rude.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier
Ravenna, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in March 2013.

Interview Details – Total waste of time. Group interview with 5 other people, have no time to introduce self or talk about past. They make other people introduce you. They ask you to "inventory" candy, which is totally a joke. And then they ask "what would you do if" questions. I thought I did everything great and my personality came through as much as it COULD. and they emailed me next day saying they had gone with someone else. The interview was with recruiters I would never work with and not even at the store i had applied to. awful judge of character. the store manager of where the interview was spent the entire time texting.

Interview Question – describe a time you showed great customer service.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Roaring Spring, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was simple. I applied online and then waited for a call to tell me they wanted to interview me. I went in for my first interview with the stores recruiter, then a second interview with the store manager. After that interview he offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had a long line of customers and someone needed you to assist them in finding an item in the store?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a HR representative. She asked basic questions concerning my past work experience. She knew I had no prior experience in this field, but this was not important. Attention to customer service was the key factor.
I was asked about my time availability.

Interview Question – How would I respond to an irate customer who came to the store and demanded attention.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was told the pay rate and when to report for orientation.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview Details – There were two different levels of behavioral interviews, the first one was with a general employee. the second one was with your potential supervisor for the summer. Both interviews were behavioral and asked about what I had done related to the field I was applying for. The first one was on my campus and the second was at their HQ in Fox Chapel.

Interview Question – Explain an experience where you had to think on the fly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much negotiation. I had only a few days to give them a decision.

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Customer Service Clerk
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2011.

Interview Details – Basic questions on how you would handle customer situations, review your experience, availability, description of the position, and on site drug test via mouth swab. Details are also given in regards to mandatory orientation, and some necessary paperwork is taken care of before hand

Interview Question – How to handle difficult customers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate, take what they offer or no dice

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier
Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2009.

Interview Details – Answered some very basic questions about myself and my background. Super generic interview stuff about strengths and weaknesses, example of conflict/problems overcome and maybe some simple scenarios -- "what would you do if you saw your co-worker steal?" etc.

Interview Question – None come to mind. There were no real curveballs. Maybe just the generic "describe a problem or conflict you have overcome"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they offered minimum wage - take it or leave it.

Fuel Station Attendant Interview

Fuel Station Attendant
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2012.

Interview Details – Apply online. It's fairly easy to get a job at Giant Eagle. Recruiting is faster than other companies.
First you have a group interview where you just need to show some basic competence by coming up with answers to random situation questions.
Second, you meet with your would be manager and discuss experience, availability, ect.

Interview Question – There's nothing extremely difficult, maybe "what would you do if you saw a customer with their child standing in the cart seat or a mother struggling with a moody child?"   Answer Question

Gas Station Attendant Interview

Gas Station Attendant

Interviewed at Giant Eagle

Interview Details – Interview was straight-forward, no stress, ask question that were customer service related

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question