Giant Eagle Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I applied online and got a phone call about two and a half weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was very straight forward and only took about twenty minutes. About five days later I got a call with a job offer. The entire process took about a month between the time I applied to the time I started training.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Giant Eagle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview where they reviewed info on my application plus asked for details about my previous experience. Interviewer did a great job of explaining the job responsibilities and their method of training new employees. This was followed by a face to face interview where I was asked about my experience plus some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What was something you liked about your previous job?   Answer Question
    • What was something you disliked about your previous job?   1 Answer
    • Explain a time where you were asked to complete a task in an unreasonably short period of time.   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day for an over the phone interview that I was able to schedule. The woman who called didn't reply much but did come across as very nice and understanding that I was nervous. The questions however seemed negative and just tried to figure out things I did wrong instead of right. Such as my biggest obstacle? However, it was a pleasant phone call. I did get offered the 2nd interview. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennedy, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Kennedy, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

First contacted by calling to see if I was eligible for the position. A 10-15 minute phone interview then followed with the human resources recruiter. After that, I was set up for a face-to-face interview with the Pharmacy manager. Recruiter called the day of interview to offer me the job. Orientation was set up the next day with a call from a different lady. Second orientation will be with a Pharmacy Trainer.

Interview Questions

• In previous work experience, name a time when you weren't sure of the outcome of a difficult situation. (or something along the lines of that)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn Hills, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Penn Hills, PA).

Interview

it was slow, had interview, hired and drug tested on the spot, 3 weeks later orientation, a week later, a class, then a week later 3 day training then thrown in with the sharks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

HR contacted me to set up an interview. I first interviewed with a pharmacist then HR. I was offered the position during the interview. Afterwards, I took a drug test and started the process for the background check which took three days. After the background check was in, I went for orientation then started my training.

Interview Questions

• Scenario question: You want to go get something to eat, but there is a long line of customers. What would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Cleveland, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

Bring a resume including a list of achievements and background. dress professionally

Interview Questions

• what are your goals   1 Answer
    • what made you choose to be a technician   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied for several years before finally getting a call to set up an interview. I had a phone conversation/interview first, not long after I had an on site interview with a HR person. When that went well, an on site interview with the pharmacy manager was set up within a week. This was a lot less daunting than I expected. The manager was very nice and frienfly and the interview was rather relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Asked how you would handle various problems that come up when dealing with customers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Akron, OH) in May 2009.

Interview

I was hired under an aqusition of an independent store. Giant Eagle approached me to hire me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about some customer service related questions and how I would respond after the customer left and what I would think about them. Not even how I would treat them but mainly about my perception of them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NO negotiation happened.. they made me feel like I was lucky to work for them.. Wish I could go back to that day.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online for the tech job and received a phone call from a recruiter. I met her and the pharmacy manager to discuss hours and salary. I took a drug test and waited for my background check to come through. They called the next day with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did i have a ten year gap in employment?   1 Answer