Giant Eagle Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.2

Deli Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I interviewed with a specialist and a store manager at one time. They were both friendly and went back and forth with questions. A lot were basic and based off experience. They asked mostly situational questions and wanted to know why I wanted to work for Giant Eagle.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time you overcome a challenge and how did it turn out?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

based off experience

Detective Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I was interviewed by both the District Loss Prevention Manager and a District Rep Investigator. We had an intellectual discussion about the field I was interviewing for along with my education and work experience. Both interviewers used forensic interviewing techniques to establish a honest report which, I identified after the second question was asked based on how it was asked and the follow up question that proceeded after.

Interview Questions

• When preparing for a interview, especially in a risk oriented position, do your research on not only the company but current risks associated with how they already do business.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

After a recruiter telephone interview as well as a hiring manager telephone interview for a position at their corporate office in mid-July, 2014, it took a month to get a face-to-face interview scheduled - two weeks from that! Then, it was cancelled and rescheduled; then, a call was received to reschedule the same cancelled interview. Then, I never received the email to confirm the last rescheduled interview as promised. It was a nightmare to contact someone by telephone today to cancel the interview (tomorrow) - I accepted another job offer as I could not wait any longer for Giant Eagle. Way too many red flags. And the person who took my call never even apologized on behalf of the company. if this is any indication of how they treat their employees ------

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied in store with a paper application. Got called for an interview in about a week. Had one simple one on one interview and was hired on the spot. I signed up for Part-time work and ended getting over 40 hours.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Process seemed to be pretty standard. Phone interview, followed up an afternoon of multiple interviews, then followed up by a final set of interviews.

Interview Questions

• How much are you willing to work   1 Answer

There was a distinct disconnect between the hiring manager and the HR Team. While the HR Team indicated that they were an employer of choice, especially when it come to home-work life balance I assumed that meant, that if I needed to work from home occasionally I could, or it I had an appt to get to it would be nor problem, as long as my work was being done. The Hiring Manager felt as if this job would require 50-60 hours a week at the office. I have no problem putting the hours in, I do currently, but some of that is done in my home office, so that i can have dinner with my family. When I brought this comment up to the HR director, she promptly indicated that's why they hadn't been able to hire anyone for the position, but she assured me that wasn't the case, I would have full support to WFH when needed, and they even had cube share (wasn't asking for that, but it was great to know that they supported it.) In the end I felt as if I didn't want to be the one that paved the way with this particular director, and decided it wasn't a good opportunity for me at the time.

Senior Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

After I applied online, I got a phone interview with a very friendly and helpful HR team lead. She arranged a second interviews, which I did not get an offer after (took 3 weeks). Went for another interview for another position (senior team lead), got a call the next day requesting a personality and skills test. I received a job offer the day after.

Interview Questions

• What kind of food do you like most?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good offer, no need to negotiate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Interview began by phone and then concluded with two one-on-one in-person interviews at headquarters.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Had a brief chat with HR recruiter, arranged an in person interview. Had 1 interview with recruiter, then 1 interview with the Produce Team Leader. Fairly easy behavioral and scenario questions. Hired on the spot, pending results of a drug and background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you experienced excellent and bad customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Minimum wage with raise after 60 days.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Penn Hills, PA).

Interview

it was slow, had interview, hired and drug tested on the spot, 3 weeks later orientation, a week later, a class, then a week later 3 day training then thrown in with the sharks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle (Cranberry Twp, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

I responded to this job opening on the internet. Giant Eagle contacted me in a manor of days. The job recruiter was very nice and took a few basic questions. I had my actual interview a week later and the interviewer for that particular store was very professional and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your team leader asked you to do something that you didn't agree with because you thought your way was more efficient.   Answer Question