Giant Eagle

2.2

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Detective Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

The interview process was straight forward. I was interviewed by both the District Loss Prevention Manager and a District Rep Investigator. We had an intellectual discussion about the field I was interviewing for along with my education and work experience. Both interviewers used forensic interviewing techniques to establish a honest report which, I identified after the second question was asked based on how it was asked and the follow up question that proceeded after.

Interview Questions
    • When preparing for a interview, especially in a risk oriented position, do your research on not only the company but current risks associated with how they already do business.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2014.

After a recruiter telephone interview as well as a hiring manager telephone interview for a position at their corporate office in mid-July, 2014, it took a month to get a face-to-face interview scheduled - two weeks from that! Then, it was cancelled and rescheduled; then, a call was received to reschedule the same cancelled interview. Then, I never received the email to confirm the last rescheduled interview as promised. It was a nightmare to contact someone by telephone today to cancel the interview (tomorrow) - I accepted another job offer as I could not wait any longer for Giant Eagle. Way too many red flags. And the person who took my call never even apologized on behalf of the company. if this is any indication of how they treat their employees ------

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Applied in store with a paper application. Got called for an interview in about a week. Had one simple one on one interview and was hired on the spot. I signed up for Part-time work and ended getting over 40 hours.

There was no negotiation

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Process seemed to be pretty standard. Phone interview, followed up an afternoon of multiple interviews, then followed up by a final set of interviews.

Interview Questions

There was a distinct disconnect between the hiring manager and the HR Team. While the HR Team indicated that they were an employer of choice, especially when it come to home-work life balance I assumed that meant, that if I needed to work from home occasionally I could, or it I had an appt to get to it would be nor problem, as long as my work was being done. The Hiring Manager felt as if this job would require 50-60 hours a week at the office. I have no problem putting the hours in, I do currently, but some of that is done in my home office, so that i can have dinner with my family. When I brought this comment up to the HR director, she promptly indicated that's why they hadn't been able to hire anyone for the position, but she assured me that wasn't the case, I would have full support to WFH when needed, and they even had cube share (wasn't asking for that, but it was great to know that they supported it.) In the end I felt as if I didn't want to be the one that paved the way with this particular director, and decided it wasn't a good opportunity for me at the time.

Senior Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle in November 2013.

After I applied online, I got a phone interview with a very friendly and helpful HR team lead. She arranged a second interviews, which I did not get an offer after (took 3 weeks). Went for another interview for another position (senior team lead), got a call the next day requesting a personality and skills test. I received a job offer the day after.

Interview Questions
    Good offer, no need to negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview began by phone and then concluded with two one-on-one in-person interviews at headquarters.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2013.

Applied online. Had a brief chat with HR recruiter, arranged an in person interview. Had 1 interview with recruiter, then 1 interview with the Produce Team Leader. Fairly easy behavioral and scenario questions. Hired on the spot, pending results of a drug and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you experienced excellent and bad customer service.   Answer Question
    None. Minimum wage with raise after 60 days.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn Hills, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn Hills, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

it was slow, had interview, hired and drug tested on the spot, 3 weeks later orientation, a week later, a class, then a week later 3 day training then thrown in with the sharks

none

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Twp, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle in February 2013.

I responded to this job opening on the internet. Giant Eagle contacted me in a manor of days. The job recruiter was very nice and took a few basic questions. I had my actual interview a week later and the interviewer for that particular store was very professional and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your team leader asked you to do something that you didn't agree with because you thought your way was more efficient.   Answer Question

Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Giant Eagle in November 2012.

After submitting my application I was called in for a group interview where me and about ten others interviewed for multiple positions. We were given a brief company overview, asked customer service questions, acted out a related skit, played guess the food item and creatively drew/glued/sculpted art for the departmental job that we wanted. The interviews were held by the (at the time co-assistant store manager and the team lead for the demo kitchen.

Interview Questions
    • Having to guess what type of food was located in a ziplock bag.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but that was more my lack of knowledge on the matter. I later found out that a former coworker had negotiated a higher rate due to their education credentials.