Giant Eagle Stock Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. It was actually a very relaxed environment and not at all intimidating. However the interview took over two hours to complete. The group consists of other applicants, a recruiter, and two to three managers within the store.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Giant Eagle

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Asked general questions regarding background and previous positions held. Over all, an easy interview with manager and 2nd in charge of store. Toured the building and met several of the individuals that were employed there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview the day I applied and proceeded to schedule an in-person interview the next day. It was a very simple interview, they asked me about my ability to balance work and school commitments, along with my personal life, and I'd shown the ability to have done so in high school.

Interview Questions

• They asked about company loyalty.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they offered a pay rate and I could either accept or decline. I chose to accept because I badly needed a part-time job at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online. Approximately one week later I was contacted by a hiring manager over the phone, who conducted a brief interview, notified me of the pay rate, average hours, working conditions, and arranged a time for an in-person interview a week later. The in-person interview consisted of two one-on-one interviews, one with the hiring manager, and one with the stocking manager. This was a very relaxed interview, and everyone was very nice. One week later I was offered employment over the phone, and accepted. One note, while it's standard practice to arrive 10-15 minutes early, I would suggest arriving earlier because you will have to check in at the customer service desk which is always very busy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in the past when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they pay a standard rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrysville, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Murrysville, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was called into the upstairs offices and was then told to watch a video about the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't one

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Eagle (Columbus, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

HR called me to set up a time for an interview. I was interviewed soon after arriving, and it was an enjoyable experience. After this, she set up and interview for a position that she believed would best suit me. My second interview was very similar, but of course took place at the store I would be working at. All together, it was a great, and speedy experience.

Interview Questions

• If you had just clocked out for lunch, and you saw the line at the bakery was very long. A customer stops you and explains that they only need to pick up their cake. What do you do?   1 Answer