Giant Food Cashier Interview Questions

1.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Giant Food.

Everything you would expect at an interview. I applied for the one in Maryland but got accepted by the one at DC. She asked simple questions about me and how you would answer employees ect. Also once I told her I had a website, she asked to me explain the last post I made. This was so she can see how well I would be able to explain something to a customer. Said I would get a call by 5 that same day to let me know if I got it, but if she didn't then, then I was to call her. I called and said I should in Monday to sign papers. Pretty easy

Interview Questions
  • Hpow to make chicken nuggets. (It was the last post I made on my webs its)   Answer Question
I got minimum wage. I was able to get Thursday off I think and Sundays at a later time to accommodate for church.

Other Interview Reviews for Giant Food

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Giant Food.

I filled out the application on live and was contacted within two weeks. For the interview I showed up in business casual (hiring manager appreciated it) and was told basic information about Giant (union company, be open to filling positions of need at time of need, etc…). Filled out some paperwork and was told to call in a couple of days for my schedule (they wanted to make sure I was completely in the system before I started working).

Interview Questions
    The hiring manager told me they start at minimum wage ($7.25) and that within 90 days I would be up to $8 something an hour, but $7.60 was entered into the computer as my starting wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  California, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Food in August 2009.

applied online. went in and checked on application. said they'd call back. got phone call & set up interview. when i was interviewed they told me i had the job.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you had to help someone out to complete a task.   Answer Question
    he just asked why i wanted to work here & what else am i doing & planning to do with my life.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Giant Food in February 2009.

the hiring process was decent, it consisted of a basic online test and then i received a call some days later. i went in dressed and we discussed the pay and my hours, in the end i was not interested because the pay was terrible and i later found a better job.

Cashier Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Giant Food in February 2007.

They just wanted to know about me, basically. Largely behavioral interview with little technical content. Manager seemed very friendly and accomomdating. Advice: be yourself, emphasize your strengths that apply to being a cashier (friendliness, quantative quickness, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Why will our customers feel comfortable dealing with you?   View Answer
    Salary non-negotiable for people like me with no experience. Maybe if you have experience as a cashier for another grocer you could ask for more

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Giant Food in April 2010.

The hiring and interviw process was very pleasant to me. It was not so difficult for me since I applied for a entry level job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Giant Food? Contribute to the Community!