Giant Food Stores

Updated Jan 7, 2015
Updated Jan 7, 2015

1.8

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Applied online, and received a callback within the week. I applied to a new store location, so once I was hired I began working at a different store location for training until the new store was finished being built.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had difficulty completing a task   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giant Food Stores.

The hiring process is really easy. The hiring manager conducted a phone interview at first. Then, after the phone interview, there is a face to face interview where the manager asked some basic questions regarding the availability schedule and interest to work in the company. The store manager also asked some behavioral questions.

Department Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Food Stores.

For store staffers- apply on line, then when called come in and interview with HR manager. Very simple interview. Questions related to transportation, availability, and previous experience.
    For managers interview is more detailed with district manager.

There was none.

Bakery Associate Interview

great communication, personable employers, the employers were also very encouraging and motivating, relatable, made me feel like I made the right decision to work here, greeted me with much enthusiasm and confidence

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giant Food Stores.

It was easy to schedule as long as you keep calling. Nothing is really that hard. If you are nice and respectful you will be fine. You don't need to walk in nervous because overall it was very simple. Just know a bit about the job you are going for.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard questions. Just asking how to deal with customers   Answer Question
    Slight negotiation, really they won't go over $9

Bagger Interview

Very easy. asked simple questions about past job experiences and why you wanted to work there. they also asked what size shirt i was at the end of it and told me i was hired becuase they needed people.

I ended up moving away

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Giant Food Stores in June 2014.

One interview was held and I was offered the job on the spot. The manager asked me when I could start and I told her "right now if you want." But she just told me to come in the next day around 11:00 so I could start doing my training.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult questions...all the questions were easy, regular interview questions.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I had a very non-traditional hiring process. After submitting my application online I would pop into the store about once a week to inquire about the status of my application. After a month of this one of the supervisors approached the ASM and pretty much told him to hire me. We went into his office, he asked me briefly about my prior work experience and then hired me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions asked besides my availability.   Answer Question

Cashier and Service Associate Interview

It was a simple interview that did not ask extreme questions. They just want to see if you are good person and can be an asset to their company.

Cashier, Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview went well, manager asked to be expected questions like why do I want to work for the company and what makes me feel I'm right for the job.