Giant Food Stores

Relevance Date Difficulty

Dairy Lead Interview

Dairy Lead
Alexandria, VA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in April 2013.

Interview Details – i went to the interview and spoke to the store manager and we talked about the requirements of the position and the starting salary, i wasn't given credit for my stocking experience, no background check, no drug testing, no orientation. I started with the dairy lead for training that following week and was up to speed in 2 days of work

Interview Question – There were no technical questions asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there were no negotiations

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details – One interview was held and I was offered the job on the spot. The manager asked me when I could start and I told her "right now if you want." But she just told me to come in the next day around 11:00 so I could start doing my training.

Interview Question – There really were no difficult questions...all the questions were easy, regular interview questions.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
Shrewsbury, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call to schedule an on site interview. The interview was fairly short and basically just asked character questions. No experience was necessary for the position. After a few short questions from the HR representative, they made an offer on the spot.

Interview Question – What do you think of when you think of Giant Foods?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to get a slightly higher starting hourly pay because I cited a higher pay from a previous job in retail.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hershey, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in October 2011.

Interview Details – My interview was fairly easy; the hiring manager was nice and a generally happy person. She was easy to talk to, and an understanding person. I had to also sit through a couple orientation videos, and complete a lot of online tests to make sure I was ready for working at Giant and that I knew all of the basics before going to hands-on training.

Interview Question – When asked a question, and then asked a subquestion like "how?" or "Why?" or "please explain"   Answer Question

Interviewed at Giant Food Stores

Interview Details – I had a very non-traditional hiring process. After submitting my application online I would pop into the store about once a week to inquire about the status of my application. After a month of this one of the supervisors approached the ASM and pretty much told him to hire me. We went into his office, he asked me briefly about my prior work experience and then hired me.

Interview Question – There were no questions asked besides my availability.   Answer Question

Cashier and Service Associate Interview

Cashier and Service Associate

Interviewed at Giant Food Stores

Interview Details – It was a simple interview that did not ask extreme questions. They just want to see if you are good person and can be an asset to their company.

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Temple, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in August 2012.

Interview Details – Online application, followed by an interview. The usual paperwork, saliva drug test, followed by an offer.

Interview Question – The interview was specific to my experience, and not very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was almost no negotiation. I was offered .50 an hour over the starting rate with 25+ years of experience. I took the job out of necessity, and practically begged on a number of occasions for a review of my performance and pay only to be denied.

Cashier, Bakery Associate Interview

Cashier, Bakery Associate
Dover, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview Details – Interview went well, manager asked to be expected questions like why do I want to work for the company and what makes me feel I'm right for the job.

Interview Question – How much I expected to be paid.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
State College, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview Details – Talked to the pharmacist for about 20 mins and the hiring manager for 30

Interview Question – All simple questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview Details – It took about a month or so until I received a phone call to set up an interview. I called multiple times and was consistently told they were not hiring but once they started hiring they called me. Interview was informal and easy. It was laid back. Questions were all very easy to answer. It was less then a week after interview when I was offered job as a cashier.

Worked for Giant Food Stores? Contribute to the Community!