Giant Food Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

1.8

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

It was easy to schedule as long as you keep calling. Nothing is really that hard. If you are nice and respectful you will be fine. You don't need to walk in nervous because overall it was very simple. Just know a bit about the job you are going for.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard questions. Just asking how to deal with customers   Answer Question
    Slight negotiation, really they won't go over $9

Pricing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Limerick, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Limerick, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in July 2013.

I only had one interview, I dressed casual business. The woman was friendly, but didn't ask too many questions. Over all it was a really easy interview and I knew by the end of the day if I got the job or not. They do always seem to push to hire for cashiering or baggers.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many difficult questions; the hardest one was "If there is a problem with a customer or another employee how would you handle the situation?"   Answer Question
    It was pretty cut and dry. This is how much I can start you at, the only hours I can guarantee is 12. If you have prior experience they usually start you higher than minimum wage anyways so it's not too much of a problem.

Bagger Interview

Very easy. asked simple questions about past job experiences and why you wanted to work there. they also asked what size shirt i was at the end of it and told me i was hired becuase they needed people.

I ended up moving away

Dairy Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in April 2013.

i went to the interview and spoke to the store manager and we talked about the requirements of the position and the starting salary, i wasn't given credit for my stocking experience, no background check, no drug testing, no orientation. I started with the dairy lead for training that following week and was up to speed in 2 days of work

there were no negotiations

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in June 2014.

One interview was held and I was offered the job on the spot. The manager asked me when I could start and I told her "right now if you want." But she just told me to come in the next day around 11:00 so I could start doing my training.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult questions...all the questions were easy, regular interview questions.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shrewsbury, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shrewsbury, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in April 2010.

I applied online and got a call to schedule an on site interview. The interview was fairly short and basically just asked character questions. No experience was necessary for the position. After a few short questions from the HR representative, they made an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    I was able to get a slightly higher starting hourly pay because I cited a higher pay from a previous job in retail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hershey, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hershey, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in October 2011.

My interview was fairly easy; the hiring manager was nice and a generally happy person. She was easy to talk to, and an understanding person. I had to also sit through a couple orientation videos, and complete a lot of online tests to make sure I was ready for working at Giant and that I knew all of the basics before going to hands-on training.

Interview Questions
    • When asked a question, and then asked a subquestion like "how?" or "Why?" or "please explain"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I had a very non-traditional hiring process. After submitting my application online I would pop into the store about once a week to inquire about the status of my application. After a month of this one of the supervisors approached the ASM and pretty much told him to hire me. We went into his office, he asked me briefly about my prior work experience and then hired me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions asked besides my availability.   Answer Question

Cashier and Service Associate Interview

It was a simple interview that did not ask extreme questions. They just want to see if you are good person and can be an asset to their company.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temple, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in August 2012.

Online application, followed by an interview. The usual paperwork, saliva drug test, followed by an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was specific to my experience, and not very difficult.   Answer Question
    There was almost no negotiation. I was offered .50 an hour over the starting rate with 25+ years of experience. I took the job out of necessity, and practically begged on a number of occasions for a review of my performance and pay only to be denied.

Worked for Giant Food Stores? Contribute to the Community!