Giant Food Stores Interview Questions & Reviews

1.8

Dairy Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in April 2013.

i went to the interview and spoke to the store manager and we talked about the requirements of the position and the starting salary, i wasn't given credit for my stocking experience, no background check, no drug testing, no orientation. I started with the dairy lead for training that following week and was up to speed in 2 days of work

there were no negotiations

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in June 2014.

One interview was held and I was offered the job on the spot. The manager asked me when I could start and I told her "right now if you want." But she just told me to come in the next day around 11:00 so I could start doing my training.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult questions...all the questions were easy, regular interview questions.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shrewsbury, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shrewsbury, PA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in April 2010.

I applied online and got a call to schedule an on site interview. The interview was fairly short and basically just asked character questions. No experience was necessary for the position. After a few short questions from the HR representative, they made an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    I was able to get a slightly higher starting hourly pay because I cited a higher pay from a previous job in retail.

Anonymous Employee  in  Hershey, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in October 2011.

My interview was fairly easy; the hiring manager was nice and a generally happy person. She was easy to talk to, and an understanding person. I had to also sit through a couple orientation videos, and complete a lot of online tests to make sure I was ready for working at Giant and that I knew all of the basics before going to hands-on training.

Interview Questions
    • When asked a question, and then asked a subquestion like "how?" or "Why?" or "please explain"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I had a very non-traditional hiring process. After submitting my application online I would pop into the store about once a week to inquire about the status of my application. After a month of this one of the supervisors approached the ASM and pretty much told him to hire me. We went into his office, he asked me briefly about my prior work experience and then hired me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions asked besides my availability.   Answer Question

Cashier and Service Associate Interview

It was a simple interview that did not ask extreme questions. They just want to see if you are good person and can be an asset to their company.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temple, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in August 2012.

Online application, followed by an interview. The usual paperwork, saliva drug test, followed by an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was specific to my experience, and not very difficult.   Answer Question
    There was almost no negotiation. I was offered .50 an hour over the starting rate with 25+ years of experience. I took the job out of necessity, and practically begged on a number of occasions for a review of my performance and pay only to be denied.

Cashier, Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dover, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Dover, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview went well, manager asked to be expected questions like why do I want to work for the company and what makes me feel I'm right for the job.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Talked to the pharmacist for about 20 mins and the hiring manager for 30

I didn't negotiate

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

It took about a month or so until I received a phone call to set up an interview. I called multiple times and was consistently told they were not hiring but once they started hiring they called me. Interview was informal and easy. It was laid back. Questions were all very easy to answer. It was less then a week after interview when I was offered job as a cashier.

Worked for Giant Food Stores? Contribute to the Community!