Giant Food Stores Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

applied end of january, got a call 2 weeks later for an interview then 3 days later called in for orientation , manager was nice all she asked about was my availability

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work in a supermarket and not any where else like a clothing store   Answer Question

Grocery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Harrisburg, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Was very simple. Only lasted about a half hour and most of the time was spent with the associate explaining the store and how things work. I got a call back a few hours later offering me the job and asking me to come in for orientation in a few days.

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Willow Grove, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Put in an app called the next day and an interview was set up. The interview lasted 10 minutes if that. You first have to take an assessment. Its about 5 questions. The questions are typical interview questions. My interview was off. I feed off of other ppl's energy. The person who interviewed me was very detached. Like I can't really put it in words. It was just not a good interview.

Dairy/Frozen Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Kennett Square, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on online and the process took one week. After changing the process, they now have two interviews. First interview was very pleasant. They asked very basic questions like why do you want to work here, what can you bring to the organization, customer difficulties, and generally all basic questions. I was brought in for second interview 2 days later. The interviewer appeared to be rude and worst of all, did not even bother to shake my hand. Interviewer just asked me basic questions and overall asked in a tone as if someone just had a really bad day.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you have any retail experience? Q: Tell me about yourself? Q: Why Giant?   Answer Question

Night Crew Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomall, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Broomall, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied at their website and was called a few days later for interview. The interview went well and the lady referred me to have another interview with the night manager at 9pm. After the interview, the night manager offered me the job. As long as you have open availability,you guaranteed to be hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have previous experience, they ask me how much i made an hour from my last job i told them $9.00 then they offered me $9.50.

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Mechanicsburg, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online.Application was extensive but not overly difficult. I was called the next day and asked to come in for an interview. Invited to interview and met employee director. The interview was fairly easy and the location was accessible. The questions were easy to answer.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

good overall, pretty simple, i didnt even knew they were hiring because they didnt put any sign up , but it was a great overall easy interview, i went to the back with the customer service manager and she helped me with the interview

Interview Questions

• how well do you work with other, what do you know about giant,,   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

Got a call a few months ago submitting and interview, Got asked very basic questions I got a call back a couple of day later saying I got the job and to take a drug test and they submitted a back round check on me.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores (Lebanon, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

it was easy asked about myself why they should hire me pretty easy questions called me the next day and got a job as a bakery packer. The person that interviewed me was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview

I applied in january got the call on Monday telling me to come for an interview got another call on friday saying I got the job and to come in for orientation the next day.

Interview Questions

• why do you wanna work here , and do you have work experience   Answer Question