Giant Food Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

1.8

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

It was easy to schedule as long as you keep calling. Nothing is really that hard. If you are nice and respectful you will be fine. You don't need to walk in nervous because overall it was very simple. Just know a bit about the job you are going for.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard questions. Just asking how to deal with customers   Answer Question
    Slight negotiation, really they won't go over $9

Bagger Interview

Very easy. asked simple questions about past job experiences and why you wanted to work there. they also asked what size shirt i was at the end of it and told me i was hired becuase they needed people.

I ended up moving away

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in June 2014.

One interview was held and I was offered the job on the spot. The manager asked me when I could start and I told her "right now if you want." But she just told me to come in the next day around 11:00 so I could start doing my training.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult questions...all the questions were easy, regular interview questions.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I had a very non-traditional hiring process. After submitting my application online I would pop into the store about once a week to inquire about the status of my application. After a month of this one of the supervisors approached the ASM and pretty much told him to hire me. We went into his office, he asked me briefly about my prior work experience and then hired me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions asked besides my availability.   Answer Question

Cashier and Service Associate Interview

It was a simple interview that did not ask extreme questions. They just want to see if you are good person and can be an asset to their company.

Cashier, Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dover, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview went well, manager asked to be expected questions like why do I want to work for the company and what makes me feel I'm right for the job.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Talked to the pharmacist for about 20 mins and the hiring manager for 30

I didn't negotiate

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

It took about a month or so until I received a phone call to set up an interview. I called multiple times and was consistently told they were not hiring but once they started hiring they called me. Interview was informal and easy. It was laid back. Questions were all very easy to answer. It was less then a week after interview when I was offered job as a cashier.

Deli Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Called maybe a month after applying. Asked if I would be interested in a position other than what I had applied for. Guy who interviewed me was really nice; very professional. Unfortunately the rest of the management I interacted with was the complete opposite. Otherwise, it was a run of the mill interview nothing unexpected. They were looking for people with a lot of Customer Service background. If you are looking at this for a first job it might be difficult to get the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Regarding being a new hire , I was given absolutely no on the job training at all. Co-workers took time to show me a few things. I appreciated it because they didn't have to. Without that I would have been completely lost. No official training; extreme turnover rate for this position as far as I could gather.   Answer Question
    Slightly over minimum wage. Can't remember I think it was $8-9

Cashier Interview

After you submit your application, they call you in for an "interview." Piece of cake. Show your ID, tell them the hours that you are available to work, and you're hired! :)

I accepted the job...

Worked for Giant Food Stores? Contribute to the Community!