Giant Food Stores

51 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Deli Associate Interview

Deli Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview Details – Called maybe a month after applying. Asked if I would be interested in a position other than what I had applied for. Guy who interviewed me was really nice; very professional. Unfortunately the rest of the management I interacted with was the complete opposite. Otherwise, it was a run of the mill interview nothing unexpected. They were looking for people with a lot of Customer Service background. If you are looking at this for a first job it might be difficult to get the interview.

Interview Question – Regarding being a new hire , I was given absolutely no on the job training at all. Co-workers took time to show me a few things. I appreciated it because they didn't have to. Without that I would have been completely lost. No official training; extreme turnover rate for this position as far as I could gather.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Slightly over minimum wage. Can't remember I think it was $8-9

Checkout Coach Interview

Checkout Coach
Morrisville, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received phone call about the interview shortly after applying online. Went to the location and interviewed with Juan, the store manager, and Jim, the Relief Manager. They asked me a series of questions pertaining to what I currently do and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Question – It had to pertain to a sexual harassment situation. I missed two of the five steps. I went into work later that day and researched the steps I missed and called Juan back to let him know.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. Took the position offered to me.

Interviewed at Giant Food Stores

Interview Details – After you submit your application, they call you in for an "interview." Piece of cake. Show your ID, tell them the hours that you are available to work, and you're hired! :)

Interview Question – No questions. Anyone gets hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the job...

Checkout Coach Interview

Checkout Coach

I interviewed at Giant Food Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview Went great... The manager was a very nice guy. It took 1 1/2 weeks to be cleared to start. I started getting nervous.
I am looking forward to learning all the jobs. Nice pay too.
I love working with people on both sides of the counter. Looking forward to starting. I will know more after I start and keep you posted.

Interview Question – I really didn't have any.   Answer Question

Lead Dairy Associate Interview

Lead Dairy Associate
Coopersburg, PA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was brought in from another company during a buy-out. Its really the only way to get a full time position in the comany anymore.

Interview Question – "Explain a time in which you did a good deed for somebody."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. I could take what they would give or they would find someone else.

Associate Interview

Associate
Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process. Mostly ask simple questions such as why are you applying to this job, previous experience, and availability. I don't think they ask any difficult questions, anybody who can do manual labor and speak English or Spanish can get the job. The work is very low-skill and repetitive so I would only recommend this job to high-school students.

Interview Question – Asked me about why I looked angry in my DL picture. Probably because I had to wait at the MVA for 5 hours to get it...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take or leave the base pay, slightly higher for stock clerks that for cashiers.

Lancaster, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in February 2012.

Interview Details – Had to call the Hiring Manager every few weeks for a couple months before I got an interview. Once you get the interview, it means your application was decent and you'll probably be hired (as an associated at least). Unless you bomb the interview you're in.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Whatever they offer in base pay is what you get. Don't try to negotiate. It probably won't get you far.

Meat Associate Interview

Meat Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in February 2009.

Interview Details – really no planning, simple easy to get a job

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Giant Food Stores.

Interview Details – Applied via internet they called me a week later and then I started working a week after that. Moved up into current position rather quickly.

Interview Question – None interview was 10 mins long. They just hire people off the street, literally.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, it is what it is.

Deli Associate Interview

Deli Associate
Thorndale, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Giant Food Stores in June 2009.

Interview Details – Either they will call you or they won't. You go into giant and fill out the application on the computer. They usually will list at every store what specific positions they are hiring for. If the hiring manager calls you, they'll ask you to come in for a one on one interview. Nothing worth sweating over. It's as easy a process as it can possible get.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question