Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Gibbs & Soell
- Account Executive (2)
- Junior Account Executive (1)
- Graphic Designer (1)
- Account Supervisor/Senior Account Executive (1)
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gibbs & Soell (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.
Phone screen that ask a bunch of personality questions--what do your employee's say about you...what is the most difficult task you have had in the past 6 months...how do you handle a bad situation at work. In-person 2.5 hour writing test 30 min to edit a paper with an AP stylebook and 10-15 questions where you circle the correct word choice in a sentence 2 hours to do a news release, tweet/facebook post, client service, launch plan, etc...it's 5 parts and you get a prompt about a company that sells a household product. Brush up on your AP stylebook....this test is not easy and they want to see 85-100% accuracy.
- It was pretty basic...strengths/weakness and why you want to work there. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gibbs & Soell (Raleigh, NC) in July 2015.
After applying I was eventually contacted after a few weeks about being interviewed. I talked to two different people while there about the company and getting to know about the firm in general. It was easy enough and afterward there was a basic writing test. Overall it was nothing to worry too much about.
- Q: How would you handle a difficult client? Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
In person interview and writing test
- Nothing unexpected, it was a standard interview with questions you should be able to answer if you have PR experience. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Gibbs & Soell.
Worst process I've ever had: 2 phone & 5 in-person interviews over 7 mo.; unresponsive; Spent $ for travel, time off etc
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gibbs & Soell (Raleigh, NC) in September 2012.
Interviewed with the Creative Director first. I was later asked back to interview with the office head. Both interviews were very informal and low stress. The whole process was very quick, maybe 3 weeks from submitting my resume to getting an offer.
- Why did you make the design decisions that you made? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review