Gibson Dunn & Crutcher

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gibson Dunn & Crutcher in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview for the summer associate position through my law school's on campus interview was done with two people: one mid-level associate and one partner. After OCI's, some (but not all who received callbacks) received invitation to a dinner event that happened later on the day of the interview. The callback interview was a full-day event. 4 interviews in the morning (1 first year associate & 3 partners), lunch with 2 associates & a partner, break in the afternoon, dinner event with 3 associates. The interview questions are pretty standard: walk through the resume, talk about 1L summer job experience, any hobbies, previous job experience. Everyone is very very nice to you, although some are more serious, others more jovial/conversational. I heard the firm makes some offers starting on the dinner so the decision turnaround is extremely fast.

Interview Question – Seriously all standard questions you can find. No unexpected questions for me at least.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Legal Secretary Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gibson Dunn & Crutcher in March 2011.

Interview Details – My recruiter set up a 1:1 in-person interview with the ofice admin. The next day I returned and went through a series of skills tests (grammar/spelling, word/excel, legal terminoly, and typing speed). I was supposed to return for an interview with the attorneys, but they decided instead to go with someone who had way more experience. Everyone was extremely nice and professional. Beautiful office!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Gibson Dunn & Crutcher? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gibson Dunn & Crutcher interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Gibson Dunn & Crutcher employees and interview candidates.