Giesecke & Devrient

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication was from HR regarding the job opening. That was followed by a round of technical interview over telephone. Then there was 2nd technical round over video conferencing. The technical rounds were of medium difficulty. Then there was 3rd round of interview with Manager nothing technical only about Personal queries. Finally HR round where the offer was placed.

Interview Question – Most of the technical rounds were about C, Embedded Concepts and basic OS concepts.   Answer Question

Pune (Brazil)

I interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in July 2011.

Interview Details – process consists of background check, shortlisting resume, T-con , Written and F2F.then finally HR round. all happens in good pace. very god turn around time. special skill set required in smart cards for engineers.

Interview Question – most difficult questions are in written test, which are based on domain.   Answer Question

Software Engineer
Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient.

Interview Details – Hiring after two successful interviews and a programming task, normally in Java. The first interview is to get background and experience picture of the candidate. The second interview is a technical interview where interviewers review your task and check your understanding and knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns and general problem solving thinking.

Interview Question – This is very individual, but I'd say that the general problem solving questions are unexpected and can be difficult.   Answer Question

IT Business Solution Analyst Interview

IT Business Solution Analyst
Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. After about 3 weeks, had a quick screening interview with the recruiter over the phone and was invited for an onsite interview with the manager and HR at Markham HQ. Security is very high to enter their site: Your picture ID is required, they take your photo and store it in their database, etc...

Interview Question – What file format is used by clients when they sent out their orders to the company?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in March 2013.

Interview Details – 2 technical round. 2 online test. 1 HR round.

Interview Questions

• Offers very less salary and asking for experience holder to sign bind for 3 years.   Answer Question
  • Lacks in communication with candidate from HR department. Taking so much of time to respond to candidate and delaying in giving offer. After more than 20 days past technical interview HR round happen.   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview Process was easy and consisted on 3 rounds- 1 technical, 1 managerial and 1 HR and was a fast process.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Can anyone help me with the reviews of G &D, India as I did not find much online.

Software Engineer
Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in February 2008.

Interview Details – - Position posted in a job-seek webpage. I applied for the job by email sending a CV and a cover letter.
- First communication by email to arrange an interview.
- First interview with R&D manager and Senior Software Engineer. They introduced the company and explained the job position and we went through my CV and my experience.
- Second interview with Senior Software Engineer. Technical questions and programming test.
- Salary discassions and final offer by phone.

Interview Question – - They asked if I knew something about NFC   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Giesecke & Devrient? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Giesecke & Devrient interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Giesecke & Devrient employees and interview candidates.