Giesecke & Devrient

Updated Jan 4, 2015

2.9

Production Supervisor (Pressroom) Canada Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in December 2014.

3 stage interview. First interview was phone interview with HR manager for screening purposes. 2nd interview with Director of Manufacturing. 3rd interview with VP of Manufacturing. The interview took place mid December and right before Christmas 2014.
    The interview was at company's HQ, 316 Markland Street, Markham, ON L6C 0C1.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the most suitable candidate? How do you define "managing people"? What are your strongest attributes?   Answer Question

Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Estado de México (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Estado de México (Mexico)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in February 2014.

the fisrt inteview was with a person of RH, then I had another interview with a boss who is the boss of other área and then I had the last interview who will be my boss, he only asked me about some questions and he said ok you got the job

Interview Questions
    • I had to say something about on of my proyects   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient.

Hiring after two successful interviews and a programming task, normally in Java. The first interview is to get background and experience picture of the candidate. The second interview is a technical interview where interviewers review your task and check your understanding and knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns and general problem solving thinking.

Interview Questions
    • This is very individual, but I'd say that the general problem solving questions are unexpected and can be difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in November 2013.

Initial communication was from HR regarding the job opening. That was followed by a round of technical interview over telephone. Then there was 2nd technical round over video conferencing. The technical rounds were of medium difficulty. Then there was 3rd round of interview with Manager nothing technical only about Personal queries. Finally HR round where the offer was placed.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the technical rounds were about C, Embedded Concepts and basic OS concepts.   Answer Question

IT Business Solution Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in September 2013.

Applied online. After about 3 weeks, had a quick screening interview with the recruiter over the phone and was invited for an onsite interview with the manager and HR at Markham HQ. Security is very high to enter their site: Your picture ID is required, they take your photo and store it in their database, etc...

Interview Questions
    • What file format is used by clients when they sent out their orders to the company?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in March 2013.

2 technical round. 2 online test. 1 HR round.

Interview Questions
    • Offers very less salary and asking for experience holder to sign bind for 3 years.   Answer Question
    • Lacks in communication with candidate from HR department. Taking so much of time to respond to candidate and delaying in giving offer. After more than 20 days past technical interview HR round happen.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in January 2013.

Interview Process was easy and consisted on 3 rounds- 1 technical, 1 managerial and 1 HR and was a fast process.

Interview Questions
    Can anyone help me with the reviews of G &D, India as I did not find much online.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (Brazil)

interviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in July 2011.

process consists of background check, shortlisting resume, T-con , Written and F2F.then finally HR round. all happens in good pace. very god turn around time. special skill set required in smart cards for engineers.

Interview Questions
    • most difficult questions are in written test, which are based on domain.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in August 2010.

3 interviews. Last interview, the Senior VP did not show up despite me driving in to the city from cottage country to meet with him. Maybe this should have been a sign?

Interview Questions
    Salary & vacation time. Negotiated RSP contributions but failed to see that it was not included in my package. Needless to say, they reneged on matching RSP contributions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Giesecke & Devrient in February 2008.

- Position posted in a job-seek webpage. I applied for the job by email sending a CV and a cover letter.
    - First communication by email to arrange an interview.
    - First interview with R&D manager and Senior Software Engineer. They introduced the company and explained the job position and we went through my CV and my experience.
    - Second interview with Senior Software Engineer. Technical questions and programming test.
    - Salary discassions and final offer by phone.