Gifford Fong Assoc Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gifford Fong Assoc

Candidate Interview Review

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gifford Fong Assoc (Lafayette, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Received an email asking for a convenient time to set up an onsite interview. I wasn't provided any description or agenda for the interview. Since, it was an onsite interview for a technical position I expected it to be technical in nature.

But it was nothing like it. It was a general resume walk through interview. The qualifications mentioned in the job description where nowhere related to what they required. They needed someone who was familiar with some sort of Financial Data Analysis tasks and tools. They had mentioned Python, SQL, R etc. It turned out they needed someone to work on their database with excellent proficiency in SQL & VBA.

Even towards the end of the interview, when I asked about the duties & responsibilities it wasn't very clear what exactly they were looking for.

I would rate the process as 2/5