Gift Of Life Donor Program

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tissue Recovery Specialist Interview

Tissue Recovery Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Gift Of Life Donor Program.

Interview Details – Initial communication with HR dept, who is not well-versed in the actual job duties and responsibilities. Second contact is with departmental management who accurately describes duties and responsibilities as well a the hours required (many and long....basically 24/7 availability)

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult or unpopular decision you had to make   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation....either I wanted the job or not

Clinical Division Interview

Clinical Division

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Gift Of Life Donor Program.

Interview Details – Overall, the hiring process is long but I think that's due to them wanting to fill the didactic training classes which are only held a few times a year.

Interview Question – What is my reaction when I can't complete a project or encounter roadblocks in that project?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gift Of Life Donor Program.

Interview Details – I interviewed via phone, then in-person. The process itself was standard, and everyone I met was courteous and pleasant. After my interview, which I took a day off of work for, I was told there would be follow up after the Labor Day holiday regarding the final interview. It is now almost 2 months since my in-person interview, and I have received no contact. I emailed both managers to follow up and was ignored. That an HR department treats candidates with such little respect says a lot about a company. I am happy to say I ended up with a higher level, higher paying position somewhere else.

Interview Question – It has been so long, I do not remember. Questions were standard, plus resume review.   Answer Question

Transplant Coordinator Interview

Transplant Coordinator
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gift Of Life Donor Program in March 2013.

Interview Details – Process takes a very long time. You will get a call for a phone screen and then maybe a week later you'll get scheduled for an in person interview. The interview is with HR and the department. The interview with human resources is awkward. They ask a lot of weird questions some of which I felt were very inappropriate (for example he asked what my husband did for a leaving, if I owned my house and if I had any children). The interview with the department was much better, they ask a lot of specific questions regarding anatomy and specifics surrounding your experience.

Interview Question – The most unexpected were the probing personal questions asked by human resources. It made me feel very uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really is no negotiation. They tell you what the salary is and thats what they'll pay. I did think the process was strange - before offering the position they ran a background and credit check and talked to everyone I've ever worked for before I even got an offer and it took weeks.

Worked for Gift Of Life Donor Program? Contribute to the Community!